General Admissions & OTCAS Western New England University (WNEU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jlot96

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I will be applying to OT schools this fall for the 2018-2019 year. Considering my mediocre GPA, GRE scores, observation hours, and experience, and the fact that I live in Western Mass as well as cost, Western New England University's OT doctorate program is my first choice. I haven't seen much on here about this program and can't seem to find any stats in terms of admission and was wondering how difficult/easy it is to be accepted?

Thanks!
 
Hi, I was just following up on this question. I'm interested in applying to the OTD program at WNEU and I was wondering if you ended up getting accepted?
 
The program is fairly new. I believe the admissions person told me it was only about a year old, and it was in the process of being accredited.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
(Was accepted at WNE for 2018-2019) One thing I can say is that WNE really does go back into the waitlist and offer students on the waitlist spots. I know they review it all the way to mid-may/early June sometimes. I was such a candidate! I also know of two others who got in that way! Even though I got full acceptances at other schools, I wanted to stick to the east coast so I held out keeping only my acceptance to a school with a Jan start just in case. My GPA was at the low end - 3.3 undergrad and 3.2 Masters; however my I had a varied rich experience in observation hours. Most schools want between 50 and 80 hours in comparison to WNE’s 14 hour requirement. That’s something I would strive to go above
because it really will help you! I tried 5 different settings and did 65 hours in each to give you an idea
Hello,
I will be applying to OT schools this fall for the 2018-2019 year. Considering my mediocre GPA, GRE scores, observation hours, and experience, and the fact that I live in Western Mass as well as cost, Western New England University's OT doctorate program is my first choice. I haven't seen much on here about this program and can't seem to find any stats in terms of admission and was wondering how difficult/easy it is to be accepted?

Thanks![/QUOTE
 
Also i imagine because WNE isnt fully accredited yet that it’s a good bit easier to get into. But it’s not a rule of thumb- I got into 3 well established Florida and Midwest schools respectively with that 3.3. You’ll be fine!
Hello,
I will be applying to OT schools this fall for the 2018-2019 year. Considering my mediocre GPA, GRE scores, observation hours, and experience, and the fact that I live in Western Mass as well as cost, Western New England University's OT doctorate program is my first choice. I haven't seen much on here about this program and can't seem to find any stats in terms of admission and was wondering how difficult/easy it is to be accepted?

Thanks!