Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WESTERN
match list for western: http://opti-west.org/pdfs/2017_match.pdf
Pros
Cons
Rocky Vista-CO
match list for rocky vista: http://www.rvu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Residency_MatchList_2017.pdf
Pros
Cons
Summary: I don't know which one will get me into the residency I will want--I'd imagine myself wanting to come back to CA. Western is closer to home, RVU seems to have higher board exam scores.
match list for western: http://opti-west.org/pdfs/2017_match.pdf
Pros
- One hour away from home, warm weather
- Third year rotation sites is "usually within 60 miles of the school"
- Mandated in class lecture time is decreasing
Cons
- Average board exam scores lower than RVU
- Larger class size than RVU
Rocky Vista-CO
match list for rocky vista: http://www.rvu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Residency_MatchList_2017.pdf
Pros
- Average board exam scores highest of DO schools (allegedly)
- New place to live, new life experience, 20 min away from Denver.
Cons
- I can't find anything on their rotation sites, from memory--lottery system between 3 states during third year???? What will fourth year be like?
Summary: I don't know which one will get me into the residency I will want--I'd imagine myself wanting to come back to CA. Western is closer to home, RVU seems to have higher board exam scores.