Western-U vs Touro-CA vs Lecom-B

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

you have to factor in cost of school/living, where your support system is closest, what school made you feel most comfortable, which program you think will aid you best in succeeding, where you want to live for four years, the type of curriculum, etc... If all is equal, doctors always suggest going the cheapest route! Good luck 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd choose Western between those, but part of the reason is that I have lived in Southern California for most of my life and that most of my family is in the region as well.

Other reasons:
Honors/Pass/Fail
Only 1 week total spent on cranial and sacral
Systems-based after first semester, which I think is a good balance
Western is also the oldest of the three I think. Kinda cool history, too - first DO school in California after the MD's tried to eliminate the Osteopathic profession in the state.

LECOM is dirt cheap in comparison, though. Also Touro-CA has a smaller class size, which I think is nice.

I've heard iffy things about rotations at Touro CA. I don't know much about rotations at LECOM or COMP.

Main drawbacks of COMP in my opinion are cost and class size.
 
If I had enough good options I would opt for cheapest. Assuming everything else was equal in my opinion. Not sure which of those schools is least costly though.