Western U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got the call for Dec. 8 so i will see you all there :)
3.7gpa from ucla
1 year experience cpht
Good Luck everyone!!!!!!

Wow, it is a very impressive GPA from ucla.

I got a phone call today too for Dec 8 interview.

do some volunteer work
2 years working in healthcare field.
science gpa 3.94 (from both CC and 4year institution)
overall gpa 3.75

Never got accepted up to now. That's why I am wishing myself luck

Goodluck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who got invites, when did you guys turn in your app + supp app?

Mid-August for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone!!! I will see you here on December 8th. I will be here talking to all you interviewees!!! Let me know if you have any questions!

P.S. I am a first year right now....by the way!

Do you know how they calculate the GPA? I got my first professional degree, MD, in 1984 with GPA 3.25 on 193 semester credits as evaluated by WES. I study pharmacy prerequisites in the states with GPA 3.52 (44 semester credits) and apply to WU. I wonder if they add up all credits (=248) and calculate the GPA or they just count the pharmacy prerequisites.

for those getting interview calls..please post stats. i am guessing they are calling 3.5 GPA or higher right now...but I don't know.

I think when u applied matters as well. I almost wish i had a later date so i won't be interviewing after some of u geniuses.

i just got home from a long day at school and work.
my mom told me i got a call from jeanene with an area code of 909 which i know is from pomona. anyone can confirm this is western? I will call tomorrow.

my mom told me i got a call from jeanene with an area code of 909 which i know is from pomona. anyone can confirm this is western? I will call tomorrow.

Check ur email. They sent me an email, but maybe that after i told her that i plan to come.

Last edited:
i got a call today for an interview, but i'm already in pharm school so ill be calling in to give my spot up. 1 more for u guys.

haha, anh, how's LL? I applied there but haven't heard anything yet. When's there next interview?

Yep that is Western calling you for an interview!!! Call them back ASAP before they stick you in the next interview group.

Do you know how they calculate the GPA? I got my first professional degree, MD, in 1984 with GPA 3.25 on 193 semester credits as evaluated by WES. I study pharmacy prerequisites in the states with GPA 3.52 (44 semester credits) and apply to WU. I wonder if they add up all credits (=248) and calculate the GPA or they just count the pharmacy prerequisites.

I know they calculate a cumulative GPA and a prereq GPA. I am not sure for you because your credits are from so long ago. I do know that Western calculates your GPA differently from PharmCAS and it usually ends up a little higher depending on whether you have retaken a class. PharmCAS averages the 2 grades while Western takes the higher grade and factors it in. My advice would be to call an admissions counselor and they will be able to tell you specifically how they calculated your GPA...they are very helpful. Good luck!

I know you guys were wondering what the interview dates are for this year so here you go....

Saturday, December 8, 2007
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Saturday, April 12, 2008

Members don't see this ad :)
I know they calculate a cumulative GPA and a prereq GPA. I am not sure for you because your credits are from so long ago. I do know that Western calculates your GPA differently from PharmCAS and it usually ends up a little higher depending on whether you have retaken a class. PharmCAS averages the 2 grades while Western takes the higher grade and factors it in. My advice would be to call an admissions counselor and they will be able to tell you specifically how they calculated your GPA...they are very helpful. Good luck!

Thank you pharmgirl,
Are there old students in your class? I am 47 and I expect to work at least 10 years as a pharmacist, if.....I get in. Is it possible? My prereq GPA is not so bad, 3.58 including Biochem class taken in my country that was accepted by WU. Do you think that I have a chance to get interview in this admission cycle?

Can someone explain western's curriculum for me. I went on their site and it's frickin confusing.

Are they on a block schedule similar to usn?

shaq is past his prime, hes no longer productive...probably because of his lazy attitude.

kobe is still very much productive and a catalyst for the lakers. however, i wouldnt mind if they traded him to detriot.

There are talks about Kidd coming to the Lakers. If Kobe does leave, we still have Farmar and Bynum, both with a lot of potential.

There are talks about Kidd coming to the Lakers. If Kobe does leave, we still have Farmar and Bynum, both with a lot of potential.

i heard about kidd coming to the lakers a while ago. i guess the organizations are talking again? if kidd ends up in LA, kobe will end up in nj.

thats interesting, but i dont see how either team would benefit. it might end up hurting the lakers a little more since theyre more focused on Jacksons triangle offense. kidd is an excellent on a fastbreak team, hed have to adjust to the laker offense.

kobe for 2 of detriots starters sounds like a good trade. itll make the two teams better. they both play similar style basketball. detriot looks jaded..they need somone new in that team. lakers need more veterans.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

i know this has nothing to do with western...but its not like anything new is happening at the moment. Adcoms are calling for interviews....but we already knew that since last wednesday.

in any case. sorry
k thanx!

p.s. sle3pyguii,
if that were you on that icon, id ask for your number =)
but youre probably a guy

Hi guys I just joined the group I received a phone call yesterday at about 10a.m. I also got an interview on December 8th so see everyone there. As for my stats:

Cal Poly Pomona - Chemistry Major: 3.55 overall, 3.6 Western
Organic Chemistry research: 2 years
Biochemistry Technician: 6 months
Chemistry Internship: 3 months
CVS Pharmacy: 1 year

I have an interview on Dec 8 too. However, I may not be able to come for the interview.

Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to change the interview date? Does Western have rolling admission?

Thank you so much
Bug

good job everyone

Thank you pharmgirl,
Are there old students in your class? I am 47 and I expect to work at least 10 years as a pharmacist, if.....I get in. Is it possible? My prereq GPA is not so bad, 3.58 including Biochem class taken in my country that was accepted by WU. Do you think that I have a chance to get interview in this admission cycle?

I think you definitely have a chance at an interview. I am sure your life experience will help you to get the interview....and your GPA is good. Do you have any pharmacy work experience? If you do then I dont see why you wouldn't get an interview. :D

I think you definitely have a chance at an interview. I am sure your life experience will help you to get the interview....and your GPA is good. Do you have any pharmacy work experience? If you do then I dont see why you wouldn't get an interview. :D

I've been a part-time certified Tech in hospital for one year.
Still waiting for a voice-message from 909...I hope that you are correct.

hi pharmgirl,
how many are being interviewed on Dec 8? And based on last year, how many got accepted from that interview? Are the interviews divided into 3 separate groups for that day?
thanks

hi pharmgirl,
how many are being interviewed on Dec 8? And based on last year, how many got accepted from that interview? Are the interviews divided into 3 separate groups for that day?
thanks

They interview about 100 per interview day...sometimes a few more...sometimes less. The day of the interview they divide you into 2 groups. One does the essay first and one does the interview first. Then you switch. I interviewed first last year. I do not know how many got accepted from the first group....I think it just depends...I would say about 20 people get accepted, some rejected, many on hold. They put a lot of people on hold until they have interviewed all the groups....so the interview is key to getting accepted! Good luck you guys!

You should leave her a message. She will definitely call you back.

i just got my banweb info today.

has anyone not received thier online information?

im asking because im pretty sure my application is at the bottom of the pile.

goodluck everyone

i've received no banweb, no interview call.. nada.

I sent everything in around end of Sept/Early Oct... hmmm i wonder if that's early or late..!

i've received no banweb, no interview call.. nada.

I sent everything in around end of Sept/Early Oct... hmmm i wonder if that's early or late..!

Me too, I e-submitted Pharmcas: 9/11, but they sent out on 10/11 and Supplemental: 9/17... I thought I was the only one who didn't receive anything.

they found out u got waitlisted at Pacific. ;) Just kidding.

who noes! :p Everybody seems really crazy and in love w/ Western so i probably submitted my application way too late in comparison to others..

so Steveysmith.. ur everywhere ain't u! Busy doing the interview rounds eh? I only went to two and i'm already worn out! :scared:

who noes! :p Everybody seems really crazy and in love w/ Western so i probably submitted my application way too late in comparison to others..

so Steveysmith.. ur everywhere ain't u! Busy doing the interview rounds eh? I only went to two and i'm already worn out! :scared:
lol i thought one is enough for me. too much money dumping out to the airlines and hotel industries.

lol i thought one is enough for me. too much money dumping out to the airlines and hotel industries.

tell me abt it. I spent 700 bucks, 3 days, plus time writing the app for Pacific, and all i have to show for it is the stupid pen and notepad that i got at the interivew. Well, at least i got to see Hillsboro Oregon, which has absolutely nothing in it.

Michelle, I am not busy at all. Western is my second interview.

Good luck everyone.

you spent $700 for one interview? ouch. good thing i won't be interviewing at Pacific U.

i'll be declining my Western interview also, so that's one extra spot for you guys.

hrm, i have not received anything other than that my application is complete and ready for review.

you spent $700 for one interview? ouch. good thing i won't be interviewing at Pacific U.

i'll be declining my Western interview also, so that's one extra spot for you guys.

100 for app.
300 some for plane tix
~200 for hotel stay
the rest was transportation, food, etc

i just received my banweb letter today. its dated nov 20th.

but i got a call for interview on monday already.

WOW. Are they not doing San Francisco interviews this yr? just don't get rejected like me lol.

they have a vegas one but it's all filled up....someone on this forum mailed out his/her interview preference date form at the same time if not after mine and they gave him/her a vegas spot

i guess they're giving the east coasters preference for vegas since it would cost a ton for them to fly to hawaii?

they have a vegas one but it's all filled up....someone on this forum mailed out his/her interview preference date form at the same time if not after mine and they gave him/her a vegas spot

i guess they're giving the east coasters preference for vegas since it would cost a ton for them to fly to hawaii?

Do u really want to go to that school?

i'm not too keen on being half way across the pacific but i find the program extremely appealing...the whole holistic/natural approach. the way i eat/take care of myself is the same way..
also...people are beginning to take note of this lifestyle and i think more and more people are going to turn to this, so i'd like to be a part of that..but that's just my opinion.

wow i went on a tangent there

Hi guys, I got my banweb! But my password does not work, I guess they have my social wrong! Those of you who logged in , what does it say? Just that your application is completer or incomplete or are there more information?

hrm, i have not received anything other than that my application is complete and ready for review.

my pharmcas and supplemental was sent to western on 10/1. I got an email saying that they got my pharmcas and another one saying that they got my supplemental around 10/20. I have not received anything else since-no banweb, nothing...not even an email saying that my app is complete and ready for review. should i be worried? i emailed them a long time ago and they never replied. what should i do?? :confused: please help.

perhaps contact them again?

i sent my supplemental out on 10/30 (i know, pretty late in the game), but they emailed me on 11/8 notifying that they received it and they sent another email on 11/12 saying that it was complete and ready for review.

woo hoo! just received a call for an interview! :love:

oh, latest news to add to my previous post. i received a call earlier today offering an interview invite for this saturday. i thought i turned in my app pretty late and wasn't really expecting to hear from them anytime soon, but i'll take whatever i can get. it's my first one so i need to get on the ball and look for a suit and everything. anyway, so i guess it doesn't necessarily matter how early/late you send in the application. oh, and i never received any banweb sort of thing.