Western U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I never received any banweb either. I don't know what people here are talking about....:)

Members don't see this ad.

I, too, got an inteview invite and never recieved any banweb letter. Does anyone know if this is a problem? Perhaps we can ask this Saturday. Good luck everyone!

oh, latest news to add to my previous post. i received a call earlier today offering an interview invite for this saturday. i thought i turned in my app pretty late and wasn't really expecting to hear from them anytime soon, but i'll take whatever i can get. it's my first one so i need to get on the ball and look for a suit and everything. anyway, so i guess it doesn't necessarily matter how early/late you send in the application. oh, and i never received any banweb sort of thing.

HI! when did you turn in your apps~ darn~ i still did not receive a call from western~

Members don't see this ad :)
happyholidays,

i e-submitted pharmcas 9/30 and postmarked my supplemental on 10/30.

for those who got invited for an interview, can you guys post your stats?

and good luck! :D

Hey, I got a call today too. So excited ^-^:D
I am a reapplicant. GPA 3.5 Science is 3.5.
Currently working at a microbio lab.
I submitted my pharmCAS 10/8 and my supplemental was in around 10/25.

Hey, I got a call today too. So excited ^-^:D
I am a reapplicant. GPA 3.5 Science is 3.5.
Currently working at a microbio lab.
I submitted my pharmCAS 10/8 and my supplemental was in around 10/25.

wow~ they really do not give much time for us to prepare. 4 days before the interview.

anyways, i will see you there.

good luck to everyone who is going to the interview this sat :D

rain forcasted for this Saturday!

so who's coming this Saturday? and from where? This is my third time applying to Western. So you can say I'm an an expert at the interview process. :D

so who's coming this Saturday? and from where? This is my third time applying to Western. So you can say I'm an an expert at the interview process. :D

same here buddy~ but i was never invited to the interview. how was the interview?? stressful? relax? essay topic?

btw, i am coming from the bay area

same here buddy~ but i was never invited to the interview. how was the interview?? stressful? relax? essay topic?

btw, i am coming from the bay area

If you are able to express yourself without being too nervous, you'll be ok. Just be professional is my advice. As for the essay, all they want to know is if you can write. No need to read up on pharmacy issues. It can be as simple as what is your favorite color and why?

I'm from Orange County but I grew up in Pomona during my early elementary days.

i like your sense of humor. Very positive attitude. :laugh:I'm sure you will get in this year. Did they tell you the reasons for the past two times?:confused:

Any insights are appreciated! :hardy:

i like your sense of humor. Very positive attitude. :laugh:I'm sure you will get in this year. Did they tell you the reasons for the past two times?:confused:

Any insights are appreciated! :hardy:

i thought i did well during the first interview but when i called them up to ask why, they told me it was my interview. As for my second interview, I screwed up so I knew I did bad. What's the chance of screwing up 3 times in a row?

Members don't see this ad :)
wow~ they really do not give much time for us to prepare. 4 days before the interview.

anyways, i will see you there.

good luck to everyone who is going to the interview this sat :D

Yup, only 4 days to prepare. Last year, I was notified a week b4 and I still screwed up pretty bad. Let's see how things go.

It's gonna be cold and rainny *sigh* Anyone from Westminster,CA?

i thought i did well during the first interview but when i called them up to ask why, they told me it was my interview. As for my second interview, I screwed up so I knew I did bad. What's the chance of screwing up 3 times in a row?

Did they tell you specifically what 's the down side of your interview? 3 times in a row is pretty slim. So don't worry you hav a very high chances of getting in. :)

Yup, only 4 days to prepare. Last year, I was notified a week b4 and I still screwed up pretty bad. Let's see how things go.

It's gonna be cold and rainny *sigh* Anyone from Westminster,CA?

i'm from westminster, but unfortunately...i'm still waiting for that interview call. heh.

Good luck to everyone invited to the interview on this Sat.:)
I will see you guys there.
BTW, is it easy to find parking spot?

I went last weekend to see the school before my interview on saturday and yes the parking lot is right next to the buildings and it is free on the weekends and the lobby is next to it and it is really easy to find it. I used yahoo maps and I didn't have any problems finding it.

Did they tell you specifically what 's the down side of your interview? 3 times in a row is pretty slim. So don't worry you hav a very high chances of getting in. :)

hahha.. it happened to me for USC. this yr is my 4th time interview with them............:oops::oops::oops:

hahha.. it happened to me for USC. this yr is my 4th time interview with them............:oops::oops::oops:

don't worry, I think they will start feeling sorry for you on your 5th try. So if you don't get in this year, next year will be it. :rolleyes:

as for my interview, all i got was i needed to take a communications course to improve my interview, which i did. Hopefully, my experience pays off!

Maybe I miscalculated. 5 times in a row is hard. So you will get in this year or next year. Don't worry, hard work pays off.
I am too stressed out to go to sleep. This is my 2nd interview with Western. Any advice from Westerners plz?

Good luck to everyone invited to the interview on this Sat.:)
I will see you guys there.
BTW, is it easy to find parking spot?

there are many parking spots available
i don't think you need to worry about it
but arriving a little bit early is always better..since you can park closer to HPC :)

good luck everyone!

Last year alot of the questions I got were from the interview feedback so make sure you go through those fo sho. Besides showing them you are genuinely interested in pharmacy, remember you hafta show you are interested in WESTERNU. Good luck to the first round of interviewees this Saturday! ;)

good luck to everyone in today's interview! I hope we all get that big envelope before the end of the year.

i just got the ban web letter? what does this now mean? its dated nov 28

i think it means that if you are chosen for an interview, they will contact you soon. I got my phone call for the interview 1 week after my banweb letter. Some people got their interview calls with no banweb letter.

did anyone receive a banweb letter but no interview?

Yes, I did! Banweb letter but no interview!! :((

what is banweb letter? Those got interview receive different banweb letters from those who don't??

banweb letter is just a letter that Western sends to applicants whom they finished reviewing their applications. In the letter has a website address(self-service system) included with their login id and pin number, where applicants can basically check the status of their application.

Hopefully it means interview!! fingers crossed. Anyone have updates from todays interview (dec8)? how did it go??

i think there's a luck factor in all of this as well.

banweb letter is just a letter that Western sends to applicants whom they finished reviewing their applications. In the letter has a website address(self-service system) included with their login id and pin number, where applicants can basically check the status of their application.

So applicants only receive the banweb letter AFTER their app has been reviewed? I'm just getting worried now because I still haven't received anything (besides the email notifications that they got everything).

So applicants only receive the banweb letter AFTER their app has been reviewed? I'm just getting worried now because I still haven't received anything (besides the email notifications that they got everything).

I interviewed today without banweb. Don't worry too much about it.

It was nice getting to meet some of you at the interviews....I was an interviewer....I hope you hear back soon!

thanks pharmgirl,
i had no students in my interviewers so I know you didn't interview me.
just wondering how many percent is the interview and essay in the admission criteria points? And also do you think those who are accepted have a good chance of hearing a response before the end of this year? thanks.

hey guys what was the essay topic?

thanks pharmgirl,
just wondering how many percent is the interview and essay in the admission criteria points? And also do you think those who are accepted have a good chance of hearing a response before the end of this year? thanks.

Hi rxliteguy,
I think you are more experience than pharmagirl regarding this question. This is you third interview at WU, isn't it? :thumbup: Don't worry, you will get the big envelop before Dec 31, and I also will get....something from WU.

Hi rxliteguy,
I think you are more experience than pharmagirl regarding this question. This is you third interview at WU, isn't it? :thumbup: Don't worry, you will get the big envelop before Dec 31, and I also will get....something from WU.

i read that you are 46 years old. Wow, you must have a lot of motivation. Good luck to you also and I hope that something you get from WU is also a big envelope!

thanks pharmgirl,

50% is based on your original application....30% on your interview....and 20% on the essay. I have heard that you first groupers will receive a response by the end of the year if all goes as planned. But after the interviews eating lunch with the professors...they were saying what a good group of candidates we have had so far....so hopefully you were one of those! I was personally impressed with some candidates as well. Good luck to all!

i read that you are 46 years old. Wow, you must have a lot of motivation. Good luck to you also and I hope that something you get from WU is also a big envelope!

No, no, rxliteguy. I don't need the big envelop now. I just need....a miss call from (909) :)h. :rolleyes:

By the way Western isnt a big envelope....it is a small one...for acceptances, hold letters, and rejections....so dont just toss it if it is a small one. Plus I received an email acceptance 2 weeks before I got the letter last year. And my interviewer called me and told me I was accepted a day or so after the email. So the mail is the last place. Check your email and your phone in the next few weeks!:)

By the way Western isnt a big envelope....it is a small one...for acceptances, hold letters, and rejections....so dont just toss it if it is a small one. Plus I received an email acceptance 2 weeks before I got the letter last year. And my interviewer called me and told me I was accepted a day or so after the email. So the mail is the last place. Check your email and your phone in the next few weeks!:)

I got 2 questions for you pharmgrl, first who will make the final decision on the interview, do students', faculty member or professors' opinion have equal weight in the decision and how woulds students were given scores? second, is that true that all students will know their status through phone calls before snail mail ?

I got 2 questions for you pharmgrl, first who will make the final decision on the interview, do students', faculty member or professors' opinion have equal weight in the decision and how woulds students were given scores? second, is that true that all students will know their status through phone calls before snail mail ?

As far as the first 50% of the file...the admissions comittee assigns points. I am not sure who assigns points for the essay portion. The interview is worth 20 points from the professor and 10 points from the student/alumni/pharmacist. Pretty much any one score can make or break you. I have heard that just 1-2 points off in the interview from either the student or the professor can make or break your admission...same with the essay. Also...in past years student interviewers are more harsh on in candidates in comparison to professor scoring. I hope that helps...interview day can really put you over the top!!! But your application can be strong in the beginning and you could do just ok on interview day and still get in.

Thanks Pharmgrl14. Can I pm you for a personal question? regarding the banweb, it's nothing guys, I received it the day before my interview and i asked the faculty on the interview day. basically, it's just a letter informs you that they already reviewed your application. Sometimes snail mail lives to its name and will arrive after your interview but you should all expect a banweb with your ID and PW. I hope that help put your anxiety away.

i was wondering if there are any western students who commute from orange county? is it doable...or should i live near campus? because im afraid that if i commute i would not have as much time to study...so that leads me to the next q...how much do you guys study a day?

thanks and happy new year