You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western University Fall 2014 Cycle
Started by bailey24
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yeah that's what i meant by stats. thanks!
good luck in wherever you choose to go
good luck in wherever you choose to go
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone from the 2/1 interview who did not hear back on 2/21 (friday) hear anything today?
has anyone from the 2/1 interview who did not hear back on 2/21 (friday) hear anything today?
Nope, still nothing =\
🙁 it's been so hard for me to stay patient throughout this time🙁 why are they taking so long 🙁has anyone from the 2/1 interview who did not hear back on 2/21 (friday) hear anything today?
Is anyone else super annoyed they added another interview date? Lol no offense to those interviewing in a few weeks! Haha
When's the new interview date?
You have one here LOL. I was on hold since my interview in Dec 14.Is anyone else super annoyed they added another interview date? Lol no offense to those interviewing in a few weeks! Haha
March 8th, I believe. Again, exact same day with USC. It sucks for those who have the invites from these 2 schools.When's the new interview date?
have you tried calling them to find out when we'll hear back? i really want to but am nervous for some reason lol🙁 it's been so hard for me to stay patient throughout this time🙁 why are they taking so long 🙁
No I don't want to call... I feel that comes off a nuisance to the admissions committee. It also shows that you're impatient.. Which really isn't an attractive trait lol even though I'm a wreck inside and I just want to know what's going on lol :/have you tried calling them to find out when we'll hear back? i really want to but am nervous for some reason lol
I applied to Western last year, was placed on hold, and ultimately did not get accepted. I was accepted from the Feb 1 interview this year, but will be turning the offer down for USC!
Not to be a downer... but people who don't get acceptances on the same day that others get acceptances are usually placed on "hold." This is just my experience from last year :/
Not to be a downer... but people who don't get acceptances on the same day that others get acceptances are usually placed on "hold." This is just my experience from last year :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me too 🙁Just got placed on "hold"![]()
Hey everyone, I'm a first time poster, but a long time lurker. I am also in the same boat as many of you. Unfortunately, I was placed on hold after the Feb 1st interview. Feeling pretty discouraged as of right now ... And annoyed😎
Some doesn't sound like a lot 🙁 and I literally feel like EVERYONE has been put on hold 🙁Guys, don't lose hope! Pharmacist I worked with that used to be part of the student admission committee said that they admit some on hold applicants after each interview date (and that's what happened to me!)
I feel your frustration. Some got accepted, the rest is on hold. I haven't heard anyone got rejected nor on alternate yet.Some doesn't sound like a lot 🙁 and I literally feel like EVERYONE has been put on hold 🙁
Sadly, I think that is how they do that. Then they decide in the end 🙁Some doesn't sound like a lot 🙁 and I literally feel like EVERYONE has been put on hold 🙁
yep same here...hold again. I remember in the email it says "your status can change from now until April" does that mean April will be the final notification/decision? Or will they still send some last minute decisions afterwards before the school starts in August??Second email update that I am still on hold. :|
Anyways, a representative visited my friend's school and talked about the school and it seems like the final decision (accepted/alternate/rejected) will be send out by the end of March.
Last edited:
I am not really sure how it will work but I think that by the end of March, all of the people on hold will be updated to either accepted, alternate, or rejected because at that time they will have interviewed and evaluated everyone already. From that point on toward August, only people on alternate list will hear again if they can be updated to accepted or rejected.yep same here...hold again. I remember in the email it says "your status can change from now until April" does that mean April will be the final notification/decision? Or will they still send some last minute decisions afterwards before the school starts in August??
I believe "alternates" still have chance to be accepted until the school starts. For example, UCSF will not send out acceptance letter until April, which means some students might take UCSF and give up the spots of Western. I don't know about the other schools, but surely don't give up hope. Good luck.Second email update that I am still on hold. :|
Anyways, a representative visited my friend's school and talked about the school and it seems like the final decision (accepted/alternate/rejected) will be send out by the end of March.
for those who interviewed 3/8 do you know when they get back to you about your status?
for those who interviewed 3/8 do you know when they get back to you about your status?
Ms. Nguyen said 3 weeks last time. I guess they'll send out emails on the first or second week of April
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got another offer, so I might withdraw from western u then a spot will be available.
Oh ya I received an e-mail regarding "alternate". Does it mean "on hold" ?I also want to know if there are any put on alternate, or is that for later?
me also received an acceptance letter today! (...unless this be an awesome thin'.) Good luck to everyone else still waitin'! me know yer pain...
Anyone know if thar's a Facebook group where accepted students be able to network wit one another?
The message in parentheses was supposed to say "unless this is an april. fool's. joke."... not "unless this be an awesome thin'." What is this madness?! Why are all of the messages translated so that we sound like pirates? :/
I also received an acceptance letter today! (...unless this is an April fool's joke.) Good luck to everyone else still waiting! I know your pain...
Anyone know if there's a Facebook group where accepted students are able to network with one another?
Someone posted this earlier in the thread.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/552171968214067/
Congrats! =) I got accepted 3/19 from Feb. 1st interview. Good luck everyone!
I just received a letter today in the mail confirming that I am finally being placed on the alternate list (The letter was dated on April 3rd). I interviewed back in December and was put on hold since January. The only thing I did differently was email them my unofficial report card after I completed my Fall 2013 semester (I was taking biochemistry at the time).
It says "we do not rank our alternates; we consider each 'alternate' should a seat become available in the class. As an alternate you may be offered a seat in the class between now and August 8, 2014." They also enclosed a Alternate form to sign and mail back to the admissions office if you want to confirm/decline your spot. Hope this info helps for others who are still on hold! Check your home mail box and look out for the letter if you are still waiting for a response.
IF you are offered a spot, do they email or call you for acceptance?
It says "we do not rank our alternates; we consider each 'alternate' should a seat become available in the class. As an alternate you may be offered a seat in the class between now and August 8, 2014." They also enclosed a Alternate form to sign and mail back to the admissions office if you want to confirm/decline your spot. Hope this info helps for others who are still on hold! Check your home mail box and look out for the letter if you are still waiting for a response.
IF you are offered a spot, do they email or call you for acceptance?
Last edited:
I have officially withdraw my offer. For those who are still on the waiting list, don't be panic! There will be lots of movement this month and the multiple offer holders will have to make a final decision and withdraw all other offers.
I have a great time here, and thanks everyone for everything we have been through together. I wish you guys can hear back good news soon. And we might meet each other in the future in government, hospital, industry, or retail, but for sure, we will be PHARMACIST!
I have a great time here, and thanks everyone for everything we have been through together. I wish you guys can hear back good news soon. And we might meet each other in the future in government, hospital, industry, or retail, but for sure, we will be PHARMACIST!
Hey everyone! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.
Just wanted to know if there is anyone from the March 8th interview who's in the same boat as I am and hasn't received any notifications whatsoever.
I've been refreshing my email at work every 5 mins...it's killing me! 🙁
Nevertheless, I'm trying to keep a positive outlook on things. Congrats to those who have been accepted! 😀
Just wanted to know if there is anyone from the March 8th interview who's in the same boat as I am and hasn't received any notifications whatsoever.
I've been refreshing my email at work every 5 mins...it's killing me! 🙁
Nevertheless, I'm trying to keep a positive outlook on things. Congrats to those who have been accepted! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also got a letter in the mail moving me from hold to alternate. Does anyone know if they will confirm that they received our form to be an alternate?
I also got a letter in the mail moving me from hold to alternate. Does anyone know if they will confirm that they received our form to be an alternate?
I'm an alternate as well, I am moping the same thought.
I haven't received a snail mail or email with indications of my status (no on hold, alternate, rejection, acceptance)Is everyone is supposed to get something in the mail by now? I haven't received anything yet. I did get an email saying I'm on hold still on April 1st.
Thanks everyone! Perhaps I just need to be more patient...
Similar threads
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K