Western University Feb. interview people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redrose0786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything from them either and it has been more than two weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,
I'm not really sure if this is true, but I heard that we won't be hearing from them until April or after the March interview. So you don't need to be too anxious if you don't hear from them any time soon.

Ahhh, I hope you're wrong about that long wait (after March interviews?!) There's quite a handful of Dec 2nd interviewees that were placed on hold, and some of them were supposed to be reviewed with our Feb 24th interview group. Since they have to review so many applicants this time around, maybe that's why it's taking a little longer than 2 weeks. I know it's easier said than done, but try to be patient everyone, this is barely the 3rd week of waiting. :oops:

If anyone hears anything, please post!!

I guess we just have to wait... hopefully we'll hear back soon...

Could anyone tell me if I should be expecting a big or a small envelop. I think the wait is getting to me. :scared:

It's a small envelope. Good Luck!

It's normal size envelope.

I just got a phone call to be interviewed on the 24th of March - it has been a long five month wait - Apparently they have been interviewing only once a month. The last round will have 120 students at Western University. So for those who have not heard for a long time - Check your phones and good luck to you all! :)

I just got a phone call to be interviewed on the 24th of March - it has been a long five month wait - Apparently they have been interviewing only once a month. The last round will have 120 students at Western University. So for those who have not heard for a long time - Check your phones and good luck to you all! :)

Congras :thumbup: Good luck on your interview.

Thanks for the info. Good luck on your interview. I haven't heard anything yet, so this gives me some hope.

Thanks for the info. Good luck on your interview. I haven't heard anything yet, so this gives me some hope.

Remember they tend to contact people really late. I got my interview call for the February interview 3 days before the interview date. So don't lose hope. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
We are already in our fourth week of waiting. Has anyone heard back from them yet?

Last edited:
nope...still waiting. last week i spoke w/ the admission ppl they said they had only 50 on their acceptance list, so no worries yet. lol:laugh:

Did they say when they will be sending out more letters? People who interviewed in December and January heard pretty fast. I have a friend who interviewed in January and got a call back from the prof. who interviewed her within 2 weeks. I think I am going crazy...

Yeah...I went there for an interview on December 2, and I heard back from WesternU within one week. Just try to wait a little bit longer guys! The longer you wait the better it is right? Good luck!

Thanks! I'll probably attend Western.

I heard if you reapply, you only need one more recommendation. Is this true and does this rec have to be from a Prof? I emailed them but they haven't reply.

Thank you.

Has anyone from Feb 24th group received the letter from Western yet? I've tried to contact the Admission office but it went to the voice mail.

-dtl

Has anyone from Feb 24th group received the letter from Western yet? I've tried to contact the Admission office but it went to the voice mail.

-dtl

I think we're all still waiting.... no word back for the Feb group yet

I heard if you reapply, you only need one more recommendation. Is this true and does this rec have to be from a Prof? I emailed them but they haven't reply.

Thank you.

Yes, you only need one reommendation. They didn't specify who it had to be from. The only requirement is that it has to be from a different recommender than this year.

Yes, you only need one reommendation. They didn't specify who it had to be from. The only requirement is that it has to be from a different recommender than this year.

Thanks, Swanchick84. I gonna ask one of the pharmacists where I work at when Pharmcas opens up again.

I'm still not sure whhy Western hasn't called or sent anything out yet, like rejection or hold letter or st.

I also received an interview today for the March 24th day! I called them to see whether my application status has changed, and they told me that I'm actually scheduled for an interview:) So don't just wait for their call, call them so that if u do get an interview, u can prepare ealier!! G'luck guys!

For those of you who interviewed at Western, how did you prepare for it?? Did they ask any surprising/difficult questions, or were they all questions you have prepared for? Thanx a lot!

I also received an interview today for the March 24th day! I called them to see whether my application status has changed, and they told me that I'm actually scheduled for an interview:) So don't just wait for their call, call them so that if u do get an interview, u can prepare ealier!! G'luck guys!

For those of you who interviewed at Western, how did you prepare for it?? Did they ask any surprising/difficult questions, or were they all questions you have prepared for? Thanx a lot!

Wow...good for you. Yeah, I called them twice and emailed them once already. I'm afraid to bother them again..

Got my call today for the March interview. When I got the Hold letter in Feb, I thought I was going to have to reapply for the next year (I still may have to, never know). P-)

Wow...good for you. Yeah, I called them twice and emailed them once already. I'm afraid to bother them again..

How come you had to call them so many times.. did they not reply?? cuz i emailed them and they never emailed me back... so i was thinking i should call them.. even though it is fairly late.

also who did you guys call?

Got my call today for the March interview. When I got the Hold letter in Feb, I thought I was going to have to reapply for the next year (I still may have to, never know). P-)

May I ask your Stats/ I just wanna know what they're looking for....

How come you had to call them so many times.. did they not reply?? cuz i emailed them and they never emailed me back... so i was thinking i should call them.. even though it is fairly late.

also who did you guys call?

I called the admission office and they transferred me to PharmD department. I called and they told me to wait. This morning I called again and they said I am not scheduled for an interview but will receive a letter regarding my status. I know it's a rejection letter even though she didn't say so.

Good luck to you.

do you guys know how many people are accepted by now?

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I called the admissions office today and was told that they are waiting to interview their last group before making anymore admission decisions and the people who interviewed in February can expect to hear from them in mid April.

Has anyone from the february interview heard back from western yet? its been almost 4 wks.. just wondering if anyone was accepted from that interview.. thanks

Has anyone from the february interview heard back from western yet? its been almost 4 wks.. just wondering if anyone was accepted from that interview.. thanks

noone from that interview has been accepted yet. we have almost a whole month to wait still. I know it sucks, totally disappointing. :(

noone from that interview has been accepted yet. we have almost a whole month to wait still. I know it sucks, totally disappointing. :(

:) ...that's wut i told everyone earlier in this thread....=)

aww.. that really stinks.. :( all this waiting is.. blah..i wonder why theyre doing this? i know ppl in dec and jan got their response fast..

Did the people who interviewed today got any new information from them?

I just attended the 3/24 interview session. They claim they have had four interviews this year between Dec and March - they are picking 60 students from the Dec-Jan group and another 60 students from the Feb- march interviewees, as per the orientation liaison.
There were 120 students at this interview yesterday. You can read interview feedback info on that forum.
Apparently the final results will be out in three weeks - around mid-April. They claim they have had around 1600 applicants this year.
Never lose hope - patience is a virtue! Hope I have answered some of your questions. Good luck to you all.

I just attended the 3/24 interview session. They claim they have had four interviews this year between Dec and March - they are picking 60 students from the Dec-Jan group and another 60 students from the Feb- march interviewees, as per the orientation liaison.
There were 120 students at this interview yesterday. You can read interview feedback info on that forum.
Apparently the final results will be out in three weeks - around mid-April. They claim they have had around 1600 applicants this year.
Never lose hope - patience is a virtue! Hope I have answered some of your questions. Good luck to you all.

Thanks. I am not sure how many people were at the Feb. interview but assuming that the number was pretty much same we have about 25% chance of getting in. These are not very good odds compare to some other schools. hmmm

Don't forget they pull a lot of ppl off the waitlist every year. The class is seated for 120 but they typically accept 150 just because.

Last edited:
have they started a waitlist yet? i havent seen anyone claiming theyre on one.. also, from there website, last year they sent out 203 acceptance letters...that's 83 ppl of the waitlist....

wow that's a lot!!!

anyone hear anything yet?

anyone hear anything yet?

No, I called and the lady told me the decisions havent been made yet. They still need to review the march interview. Decision is prob in midapril? :(

No, I called and the lady told me the decisions havent been made yet. They still need to review the march interview. Decision is prob in midapril? :(

thanks for the update constance - sucks that feb people have to wait longer =(

For those of you interested in Western U, I just read my Western e-mail about the tuition increase.

2007-2008 Academic Year
PharmD - $35,900

I'm still happy about going there, but OUCH on the tuition.