Western University Feb. interview people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so does that mean u'll be turning Western down???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anh80: I love your sense of humor - before I turn Western down they need to send me an acceptance letter!

Also since I am such a caring and helpful healthcare professional I will gladly carve your name on my spot - if that makes your day!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know, humor is the best medicine - take it with a grain of salt.

Have a great Easter everybody - be inspired - we have only one life to live!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Redrose: I would say the Faculty member is just exercising some P.R. -adding icing to the cake! Some students are pampered to entice them to pick Western.

As we all know, not all accepted students are going to Western - some may decide to go elsewhere! There wil definitely be some spots to fill early on.
All accepted students need to send in their deposits by April 20th or else....the alternate/waitlist group will start to fill the gap.

So...chill! Stress is our enemy....it causes apoptosis, remember?:laugh:

Good luck on your letters next week!

Life is too short......We won't be around in a hundred years!

Thanks, I am trying to not be disappointed but...
Well I am still waiting for USC. More waiting :love:

yea more waiting, too, for me. ^^

Thanks, I am trying to not be disappointed but...
Well I am still waiting for USC. More waiting :love:

It seems everyone who got an acceptance email from Western also received a phone call from the interviewer - congratulating them and also emphasizing the fact that they should contact admissions and discuss the question of payment of tuition. It seems Western is concerned about the ability of some accepted students's ability to pay for their tuition - in fact, I also heard some students are having a tough time coming up with the $500 deposit by the 20th of April! This I just received by email from another colleague who got accepted on 4/4/07.

So hang on to your ...whatever, and the wait could be well worth it for a few of the waitlisted/alternates out there.

I know - the waiting is stressful - and I just had to add some excitement to it!
Spice it up...bby!

Just want to lift the spirits of some who really need a jumpstart - believe me - I am there too! :scared: :D

Smile! Be happy - If you are going down - you might as well go down royally!:smuggrin:

I also got an acceptance email on 4/4/07. I am already trying to look into housing. Anyone else looking for roommates yet?

Actually i got the acceptance through email on 4/4/07, but i never received a phone call from any of my interviewers. I guess only the dedicated and NON-Busy interviewers call the new acceptees.

As for the tuition, I'll be taking out some serious loans to pay off the tuition since there is no way i can come up with that money. Luckily i placed western as one of the schools when i applied w/fafsa.

I also got an acceptance email on 4/4/07. I am already trying to look into housing. Anyone else looking for roommates yet?

I would be looking for one, but i only live like 20 mins. away. So i guess i'll still be living at home and saving money.

Did you put down your downpayment yet?

I would be looking for one, but i only live like 20 mins. away. So i guess i'll still be living at home and saving money.

Did you put down your downpayment yet?

Yep I mailed in my deposit yesterday (Saturday). I live about an hour away without traffic so I think I need to find a place closer. Did you put down your deposit? If you did...see you in August!!!

Yep I mailed in my deposit yesterday (Saturday). I live about an hour away without traffic so I think I need to find a place closer. Did you put down your deposit? If you did...see you in August!!!

yeah i did, i drove it down there the next day since i wasn't sure if they actually accepted the right person. The email they sent is so vague in regarding to whom it really concerns.

See you in august!

Hi everyone. I just spoke with a counselor at Western and they said they have sent out some acceptance letters. She also said that they havent finished making their decisions and to give them another week due to the large amount of people who were interviewed. So there is still hope guys!!!

i started looking around on the internet for apartments in the area. i wanted to live by myself...but i think living with a roommate is a lot more practical considering the insane amount of money that will be going towards tuition. :( anyway, i don't know a single person that got accepted or anyone at all at western...so i'll be needing a roommate. whoever needs a roommate send me a message and maybe we can figure something out. :)

is there anyway we can access western's housing website/postings? i think we need a username, which i'm sure we'll be assigned later on.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm looking for a roommate. Pls let me know where to go or what to do from here please people! thanks

Hi everyone. I just spoke with a counselor at Western and they said they have sent out some acceptance letters. She also said that they havent finished making their decisions and to give them another week due to the large amount of people who were interviewed. So there is still hope guys!!!

thanks for the update. I think I am going crazy. This wait is killing me. Now I get to harass my mailman.

If anyone is interested in a roommate for Western in the fall...I am definitely in need of one!! Message me and let me know!

If anyone has myspace I created an account for the class of 2011!
Type in "Western University School of Pharmacy c/o 2011" in GROUPS to join!

Hey guys, I know Western said that they will be sending out letters on Monday 4/9. Did anyone receive anything? I still haven't heard from them.:confused:

Hey guys, I know Western said that they will be sending out letters on Monday 4/9. Did anyone receive anything? I still haven't heard from them.:confused:

My friend and I got the letter today. Small envelope (2 pages).

I got that letter today too. I wish the deposit date wasn't next friday.

i got my acceptance letter today also. 2 pieces of paper. Made my deposit last week though.

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting

I got my letter today too. I deposited already also...
good luck to everyone else who are still waiting :)

I was wondering if any of you who received the letter today got an email before.

I was wondering if any of you who received the letter today got an email before.

I received an email on 4/4/07, a call from my interviewer on 4/9/07, and a letter in the mail today 4/11/07. Good luck I hope you get yours!:)

Unfortunately, I was just notified of my status. Finally. I'm an alternate for the class of 2011. :( Recieved the letter via mail today, postmarked April 10. Good luck to everyone else.

yeah.. i think anything from the mail this week is going to be alternate/rejection. I should be getting mine today too.. I talked to the lady in admissions and she said last week were the acceptances for feb/march interview.. o wells..

I was hoping to make my 1000th post an acceptance post, I'll settle for an alternate. Got the letter today. I'll be sending in the "Alternate acceptance" form in tomorrow. Congrats to all those that have been accepted. To all the alternates, you don't have to rush those acceptances in, just wait til about mid-august, I won't mind.:smuggrin:

aww.. i didnt get anything from western... aww i think im rejected/hold (same thing)..:(

Last edited:
:( Just received my alternate/waitlist status letter today - More waiting.....till August 18th....doomsday! Feels like I am trying to win the CA lottery!
Keep a positive attitude.....s..t happens!

The letter does not state a high - middle or low standing alternate position - it just says a seat could become available....

did they say what position u were?

Here is verbatim (minus my real name) what the letter says for alternates. The envelope is regular envelope, but is thick because it has tuition info inside in addition to the single page which I've included here.

Dear Farmercyst:

On behalf of the College of Pharmacy at Western University of Health Sciences, I would like to inform you of your selection as one of the "alternates" for the PharmD class of 2011.

We consider each "alternate" should a seat become available in the class. As an "alternate" you may be offered a seat in the class between May 1, 2007 and August 18, 2007. If a seat does not become available, your alternate status is for this year's class only and not for any future classes. We cannot determine the number of seats that may become available; therefore, a prediction as to your chances for eventually gaining admission is not possible.

If you wish to be placed on the "alternate" list or wish to decline your status as an alternate, please complete and return the enclose4d form and mail to the admissions office.

Sincerely,

Kathy E. Ford
Director of Admissions for the
College of Pharmacy and
College of Graduate Nursing/
Designated School Official

I got a letter today as well saying I'm considered as an alternate >___>
Dunno it's a good news or a bad one, but it means I'll have to wait more *sighs*

The thing that bothers me now is I dunno whether to take Hepatitis A & B shots along with antibody titers or not since I don't have immunization records for all immunizations I've gotten. hmmmm...

Are we allowed to call them and ask them what our positions on the alternate list? I really wanna know since I need to make decision about taking the Ab titer and hepatitis shots, but I'm afraid if they think I'm bugging them by asking about my position >.<;;;
I really dunno what to do now. I'm curious, yet I'm afraid to call =___=;;

In an effort to inquire about how many alternate letters have been mailed - I called Admissions this afternoon - they have mailed out over ...100 alternate/waitlist letters. That translates into chances of being accepted around 1% - I didn't even need a calculator! Kinda :thumbdown:

On another note if you don't send your alternate acceptance form in - your chances are 0% - so play positive and send in that darn form and light a candle! And you may have to wait four more months...:sleep: :laugh:

Laughter is the best medicine....Pharmcas here I come.....in June!

Sorry to hear about all of those alternate letters. At my interview they said that they gave out 100 alternate letters last year, and ended up accepting 36 of those people. So the odds are not that bad...there is still a good chance! Good luck to all!

Sorry to hear about all of those alternate letters. At my interview they said that they gave out 100 alternate letters last year, and ended up accepting 36 of those people. So the odds are not that bad...there is still a good chance! Good luck to all!

oh only 36 out of 100 =3
ok, i'll definitely call them soon.

thank's for the info ^__^

yeah i agree.
at least, ppl on the alternate list still have a hope =)

btw, is it ok to call them just to ask about the position on the wait list? :confused:

yeah i agree.
at least, ppl on the alternate list still have a hope =)

btw, is it ok to call them just to ask about the position on the wait list? :confused:

I don't really know if it is okay to call. I guess it couldn't hurt. Every time I have talked to the people in the admissions office they have been super nice and friendly. The worst they are going to tell you is that they haven't figured out positions for the waitlist yet. Good Luck!!!:)

I don't really know if it is okay to call. I guess it couldn't hurt. Every time I have talked to the people in the admissions office they have been super nice and friendly. The worst they are going to tell you is that they haven't figured out positions for the waitlist yet. Good Luck!!!:)

oh.... i think so as well coz they'll need to see how many replies they'll get from ppl who get 'alternate' letter. after that, they can start making a waitlist.

*sighs*
yeah, i guess i should wait for a couple more weeks until they have the waitlist ready.

*tries to be optimistic* :laugh:

pre congrats on your 500th post, crystalpink.:clap:

thankies. yaaaay for my 500th post. :clap:

*gives everyone here cookies*

Wow pharmgrl14: I like your input about 36 alternates being accepted last year - I hope the number will be higher this year! I feel better already...
and now...patience is a virtue...we wait..and wait.......and.....:sleep:

You guys have been a great support team - good luck to all!:luck:

Does anyone know how they figure out your "rank" on the alternate list? Im confused as to what order its in. Has anyone heard anything about that?:confused:

Does anyone know how they figure out your "rank" on the alternate list? Im confused as to what order its in. Has anyone heard anything about that?:confused:
yea i wonder the same thing, too :confused:

and now...patience is a virtue...we wait..and wait.......and.....:sleep:
:thumbup: yupper. i'll wait and wait and wait and wait and ZZZzzzzzzzZZZzzz 'til august 18th :laugh:

good luck to u, too. :luck:

Hey guys, I still haven't heard anything from them. Do you guys think I should call them? afterall it is mid April:( .

Hey guys, I still haven't heard anything from them. Do you guys think I should call them? afterall it is mid April:( .

Well i talk to the lady (at admissions) on wednesday, she said everyone should be hearing about thheir status by the end of the week. She said my notice was sent out a day or two (from wed). And I just recieved a letter for alternate list today.. So dont worry..=)

Did you get an interview? Or have you just not heard anything at all? I would definitely call if you haven't heard anything.

Did you get an interview? Or have you just not heard anything at all? I would definitely call if you haven't heard anything.

I interviewed in Feb. but haven't heard anything since. Man I really don't want a damn alternative status but I'll take anything at this point. I keep getting placed on waitlists everywhere.:thumbdown: :smuggrin: :thumbdown:

Last edited: