Western University in Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There were some people got rejected but I think there're more ppl on the waiting lists.

really? who do you knwo that got rejected?? we are talking about post-interview right? they don't reject anyone post interview. They put everyone on the alternate list.

Thats the thing with alternate list. Its everyone other than those accepted, hence alternate. Otherwise it would be called a waiting list.

Same thing with most pschools for example Hilo also has an alternate list. if you go to their forum you will not see anyone rejected after the interview.

yup...most likely 200+ people on the alternate list for Western.

Members don't see this ad.

really? who do you knwo that got rejected?? we are talking about post-interview right? they don't reject anyone post interview. They put everyone on the alternate list.

Thats the thing with alternate list. Its everyone other than those accepted, hence alternate. Otherwise it would be called a waiting list.

Same thing with most pschools for example Hilo also has an alternate list. if you go to their forum you will not see anyone rejected after the interview.

On page 13, the guy with the nickname talkativeDP he said he got rejected so i thought it would be for post interview right? Im not sure but 200+ ppl is not a good number :(

On page 13, the guy with the nickname talkativeDP he said he got rejected so i thought it would be for post interview right? Im not sure but 200+ ppl is not a good number :(

he got rejected w/o any interviews....yes after the interview, you will be either accepted or placed on the waiting list...from now on, it will be the game of luck:xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)

One of my classmate got a rejection letter after her february interview. She said she got it about 3 weeks ago.

One of my classmate got a rejection letter after her february interview. She said she got it about 3 weeks ago.

i don't think it's for Western. Must be for another school she interviewed at.

hey I just noticed you flew from SF to Ct for SJC. So how did it go? You showed up and no one was their to interview you?

I submitted an application there but did not attend their interviw thank goodness. They better give us refunds for the apps.

i don't think it's for Western. Must be for another school she interviewed at.

hey I just noticed you flew from SF to Ct for SJC. So how did it go? You showed up and no one was their to interview you?

I submitted an application there but did not attend their interviw thank goodness. They better give us refunds for the apps.

Yes, it was from Western.
I got a call after I got CT. I sent an email to Kristine to ask about refund.

edit: never mind I miss read.

Anyways I don't think there are 200+ on the alternate list.
This has nothing to do with Western but hopefully it give you a general idea I was waitlisted for UOP and was told there are 50 people on their list.

Last edited:
I have a friend who got rejected letter in January after interviewing in December 2009. I got a hold letter after interview --> alternate list now.

I think we r just gonna wait...Good luck everyone!!! :xf::)

I have a friend who got rejected letter in January after interviewing in December 2009. I got a hold letter after interview --> alternate list now.

I think we r just gonna wait...Good luck everyone!!! :xf::)

Thank you for the infos. I feel better now knowing that they actually rejected ppl following post-interview. Good luck !

Thanks for all of your info about the number of people on the alternate list. So now, as someone mentioned above that the due date to submit the deposit for those who got accepted is this week, is it right? If so, is there anyone considering to give up their spot at WesternU to go to another pharmacy school?

Congrats!

Did you receive the email today? May I ask what is your stats?

Thanks! I got the email yesterday actually, but I got the mail today! CUM GPA 3.61; I graduated last summer, used to volunteer in hospital and pharmacy.
Interviewed at Western on Feb, was put on hold, alternative then acceptance! Also interview at USC on Mar. 20, accepted April! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I got the email yesterday actually, but I got the mail today! CUM GPA 3.61; I graduated last summer, used to volunteer in hospital and pharmacy.
Interviewed at Western on Feb, was put on hold, alternative then acceptance! Also interview at USC on Mar. 20, accepted April! :laugh:

You have a very good stats. So, have you decided which school are you going to attend?

Thanks for all of your info about the number of people on the alternate list. So now, as someone mentioned above that the due date to submit the deposit for those who got accepted is this week, is it right? If so, is there anyone considering to give up their spot at WesternU to go to another pharmacy school?

I will be attending another pharmacy school. I will mail in my letter to decline my spot in a few minutes. It is hard for me to send this letter because I really like Western. I wanted to get into Western because it seemed to be the most reasonable school for me; location, financial, and because Western is a great school. Last year, I was rejected and this year I got in. So I feel bad that I am turning down Western. But good luck to those of you who are still waiting.

I will be attending another pharmacy school. I will mail in my letter to decline my spot in a few minutes. It is hard for me to send this letter because I really like Western. I wanted to get into Western because it seemed to be the most reasonable school for me; location, financial, and because Western is a great school. Last year, I was rejected and this year I got in. So I feel bad that I am turning down Western. But good luck to those of you who are still waiting.

Thanks and good luck with whichever school you chose. But what school are you going to? Another thing, what did you do to improve your chance of getting in Western this year? May I ask what is your stats? since I was on the alternate list last year but didn't get in, and also being alternate this year :(. I don't want the same thing happens to me twice.

Again, thanks for giving us the alternates a chance, and good luck with your school.

I interviewed in Dec and was placed on alternate. Got acceptance email today. But I'm already set on USC. That's another spot for one of you guys.

Last edited:
wowo, tomorrow is Thu...i just have to keep praying....

Last edited:
i think they push it till june....there will be lots of movement from the waitlist. BTW, i also know that there were about 8 people got accepted from the waitlist. Last year about 40ish students...so we still have a chance...:xf:

Hi Everyone -

Just wondering....

I'm getting ready to buy a laptop for this Fall and I'd prefer a Mac. Anyone know of any limitations or reasons why a PC would be better? I can't seem to find anything specific...just hoping maybe someone in the program would have some insight.

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing. I love macs and was kinda leaning toward buying a mac laptop. Hmmmm.

Hi Everyone -

Just wondering....

I'm getting ready to buy a laptop for this Fall and I'd prefer a Mac. Anyone know of any limitations or reasons why a PC would be better? I can't seem to find anything specific...just hoping maybe someone in the program would have some insight.

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing. I love macs and was kinda leaning toward buying a mac laptop. Hmmmm.

I use a PC so I don't have first hand experience to share. However, there are quite a few students in our class who use a mac, and they don't seem to have many(any?) problems with compatibility. Good luck!

I definitely recommend getting a Mac. I would say 50% of the class uses mac.

A lot of pc users also switch to mac.

The only draw back is you can't apreso lectures at 2x speed, but that wont matter anymore since the incoming class will have less lectures and more mandatory class.

YAY!!! I got accepted yesterday! However, I am not sure if I am going to take the acceptance as I was also accepted into medical school. I promise to make my decision by Sunday and notify the school on Monday. Good luck to all on the wait list. :)

congratulations burnout girl!!
wow, how could u apply both medical and pharmacy school at the same time!? thats insane.
anyway, could you please provide stats of yours? Im also currently on the waitlist and this wait is killing me.....just like everybody else says.

BurnoutGirl said:
YAY!!! I got accepted yesterday! However, I am not sure if I am going to take the acceptance as I was also accepted into medical school. I promise to make my decision by Sunday and notify the school on Monday. Good luck to all on the wait list. :)

Good luck choosing, let us know what you decide!

Last edited:
whats happening guys? how come no one else is getting accepted from the waitlist. Is the class full, or there is still room?
does anyone know?? this is really frustrating..

has anyone talked to addmission recently?? please share the info...
Thanks

I don't know if this helps, but a friend of mine was accepted about 2 weeks ago, 5/30 and she has made her decision to go there...

Not everybody reports their acceptance on here, so perhaps a better way to get news is to follow Western's 2014 pharmacy class group on facebook ;)

Today is the best day of my life. Got my acceptance email today :))

Good luck to rest of you guys !!

congrat on the acceptance. Please PM me your stats if you have time. I am really nervous about my status...thanks

congratz on the acceptance. can you please PM me your stats. Thank you!

Congratulations! im still waiting... :( if you don't mind, can you email me your cumulative gpa and science gpa at [email protected] so that i'd have a better idea on where i stand. thank you very much!

So what GPA should you have to get into western? I looked on Pharmcas and it looks very high to me (3.4). Are a lot of people with lower stats getting accepted too?

Would you guys mind sharing your stats (admitted student only)?

So what GPA should you have to get into western? I looked on Pharmcas and it looks very high to me (3.4). Are a lot of people with lower stats getting accepted too?

Would you guys mind sharing your stats (admitted student only)?

We have students with gpa from 3.1 to 3.9 in my class. Thats cumulative gpa... Science is generally lower.

To be frank with you, 3.4 is one of the lower GPA avg's in CA based on my knowledge. I applied and was accepted 2 yrs ago, perhaps it's different.

If your GPA is not competitive it is recommended that you repeat prereqs where you have gotten C's OR take additional classes to raise your GPA.

GL and hope this helps.

We have students with gpa from 3.1 to 3.9 in my class. Thats cumulative gpa... Science is generally lower.

To be frank with you, 3.4 is one of the lower GPA avg's in CA based on my knowledge. I applied and was accepted 2 yrs ago, perhaps it's different.

If your GPA is not competitive it is recommended that you repeat prereqs where you have gotten C's OR take additional classes to raise your GPA.

GL and hope this helps.

Thanks for the info! but what if your science gpa is considerably higher than your accumulative? do you know if they take that into consideration or do they only look at the accumulative gpa? thank you!

Thanks for the info! but what if your science gpa is considerably higher than your accumulative? do you know if they take that into consideration or do they only look at the accumulative gpa? thank you!

I do not think GPA is a huge issue. It is more about what you have done and how you did on your interview. I applied late and was interviewed in March. I applied with a 3.2 science and a 3.1 overall. I got an acceptance a little while later. However, I declined, as I was also accepted to medical school.

However, I completed a pharmaceutical science degree at another pharmacy school as well as published many research papers. To make up for my poor GPA, I scored in the 95th percentile on the PCATs and the 90th percentile on the GREs. I also did equally as well on the MCATs. While I know Western does not require PCATs, they are certainly able to look at it and see where you fall with your peers.

So, keep your fingers crossed. There is still hope. :luck:

I do not think GPA is a huge issue. It is more about what you have done and how you did on your interview. I applied late and was interviewed in March. I applied with a 3.2 science and a 3.1 overall. I got an acceptance a little while later. However, I declined, as I was also accepted to medical school.

However, I completed a pharmaceutical science degree at another pharmacy school as well as published many research papers. To make up for my poor GPA, I scored in the 95th percentile on the PCATs and the 90th percentile on the GREs. I also did equally as well on the MCATs. While I know Western does not require PCATs, they are certainly able to look at it and see where you fall with your peers.

So, keep your fingers crossed. There is still hope. :luck:

wow! congratulations! good luck with med. school. may I ask when did u get the acceptance letter? were you waitlisted at all? thank you!

I use a PC so I don't have first hand experience to share. However, there are quite a few students in our class who use a mac, and they don't seem to have many(any?) problems with compatibility. Good luck!

Wow, I definitely thought I had to switch to a PC since I can't even access BanWeb without IE. If you have a mac, does it need to be compatible with Windows?

received acceptance email today, cant stop jumping up and down :D
finally good new has come!

Congratulations on the acceptance!! Could you please PM me ur status if you don't mind? thank you so much :)

Last edited:

hi congrats on the acceptance! if you dont mind me asking, how long did u wait since ur interview? were you an alternate or on hold? thank you!

has anyone heard from western yet? as fall comes closer and closer, im getting more and more nervous~

has anyone heard from western yet? as fall comes closer and closer, im getting more and more nervous~

I am still waiting....i called the school and they said most of the students got accepted in july last year