Western University in Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
do u guys know if they send out acceptances in one big batch? cuz i didnt get an email today :(

What are some of the main reasons that you guys want to go to Western???????

Members don't see this ad :)
do u guys know if they send out acceptances in one big batch? cuz i didnt get an email today :(

No cause for alarm yet! Acceptances after the first interview were sent in two batches!

What are some of the main reasons that you guys want to go to Western???????

Just off the top of my head..

1) I know a few of the faculty members and have worked with them in the past. They are awesome and stay true to the open door policy for their students. Many are also very involved in outreach and some of the national and state pharmacy orgs
2) Interdisciplinary program. I personally think this is a great idea.
3) Block system

there are others...

Those ppl who got e-mails today, did you guys have the interview on March 20? or were you guys from the previous interviews? or did you have hold status?

I got an email today too followed by a call from my interviewer. Honestly I was not expecting to get in so I can't even explain how happy I was when I read the email.

tink7:
I interviewed on 2/27 and was put on hold until today.

I interviewed on mar.27th and didn't hear anything until now. Are they going to send the acceptances out tomorrow? Anyone?

Those ppl who got e-mails today, did you guys have the interview on March 20? or were you guys from the previous interviews? or did you have hold status?

I interviewed Mar 20...they saved the best for last ;)

I interviewed on mar.27th and didn't hear anything until now. Are they going to send the acceptances out tomorrow? Anyone?

Do you mean 2/27? I didnt think they had a 3/27 interview. I still havent heard anything but there is a lot of energy on these boards, Im still excited. Nice work to whoever got in and congrats you sexy beasts!

Is there a facebook page for Western Pharmacy c/o 2014?:)

I got an email today too followed by a call from my interviewer. Honestly I was not expecting to get in so I can't even explain how happy I was when I read the email.

tink7:
I interviewed on 2/27 and was put on hold until today.

Hello, Pa54,
Congratulations first. I was also interviewed back on 02-27 and was put on hold. Can I ask what is your application statistics? Do u have a high GPA, and lots of activity or pharmacy experience? I just want to see how does the school choose the candidate. Thanks a lot.

Good luck with your pharmacy study soon in the Fall.

swallowlum

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks swallowlum. I'll pm you my stats

I received an acceptance email yesterday morning too! I had my interview on 2/27 and was place on-hold first.

Congrats to those got accepted yesterday.

It seems like those who were put on hold (from previous interviews) have a better chance to be accepted than those who hear nothing.

I just received a letter in the mail today. I interviewed in January and was placed on HOLD. The letter updated my status to alternate. Hopefully I get into western. :(

Good luck to everyone else.

I just received a letter in the mail today. I interviewed in January and was placed on HOLD. The letter updated my status to alternate. Hopefully I get into western. :(

Good luck to everyone else.

Me too. :\

I received the letter today. I interviewed in February, got placed on hold and now my letter informs me that I am an alternate.

The letter states that "If you will be receiving a bachelor's degree by the end of Spring quarter/semester. we encourage you to submit proof of degree received to the Admissions Office by June 1, 2010."

What kind of "proof" do you think the school wants? My graduation is not until June 13 and my diploma comes in way later. Will a transcript suffice? Any ideas? Thanks!

wow...sorry to hear that but definitely keep your hopes high. It seems like people who had an interview from Dec will hear something soon.:xf:

Congrats to those got accepted yesterday.

It seems like those who were put on hold (from previous interviews) have a better chance to be accepted than those who hear nothing.

Yup ...I guess there're only you and I. Still haven't heard anything..

Yup ...I guess there're only you and I. Still haven't heard anything..

Hi hopingtogetin,

I don't want to be sound negatively, but I am preparing myself to get the rejection letter next week. :(

Hi hopingtogetin,

I don't want to be sound negatively, but I am preparing myself to get the rejection letter next week. :(

haha...no you are not gonna receive any rejection man. If not accepted, you will be placed on alternative list...:xf: and definitely still have a chance to get in...

I received the letter today. I interviewed in February, got placed on hold and now my letter informs me that I am an alternate.

The letter states that "If you will be receiving a bachelor's degree by the end of Spring quarter/semester. we encourage you to submit proof of degree received to the Admissions Office by June 1, 2010."

What kind of "proof" do you think the school wants? My graduation is not until June 13 and my diploma comes in way later. Will a transcript suffice? Any ideas? Thanks!

Hey yummygummy!
Keep your hopes high! At least its not a rejection letter. A lot of the times, universities will send an official letter stating you received a bachelors and the letter acts as proof of a bachelors for purposes such as these. A transcript will also suffice as long as it states that a bachelors was complete (usually at the top somewhere). Good luck!

haha...no you are not gonna receive any rejection man. If not accepted, you will be placed on alternative list...:xf: and definitely still have a chance to get in...

Do you know if they send out the alternate list/rejections by email or by snail mail? I live in the middle of nowhere on New England's east coast. <sighs> I suppose to should prepare for the worst too. lol

After reading a few replies it seems people who heard something were from the 2/27 interview. Did anybody from the 3/20 interview hear anything yet?

Also, does Western give out any type of institutional scholarships? I got into Albany College of Pharmacy with a Dean's Scholarship and a Trustee Scholarship for pharmacy. Just wondering if Western does the same.

I really really want to go to Western. I am seriously sick of shoveling 3 feet of snow every other day in the winter and cleaning off half an inch thick worth of ice off my car. Please, save me from winter. :'(

I don't know when to expect the answer from WU anymore? just keep waiting I guess.

I hope I get something in the mail tomorrow. I'm all the way in Georgia.

from what i read in last years thread it is possible but i think most people are put on alternate list

How many did they say they took off the alternate list last year? I think one of the P1 student said 50%.

Interviewed: 3/20

Post Marked: April 9, 2010

Is my understanding correct? The rank of possibility of acceptance: rejection, hold, alternate list, acceptance?

to luckii:

i was at the 3.20 interview and i couldve sworn the lady said they took 12 people off alternate last year cause i remember feeling really bummed since i had heard from other people that it was like 40ish maybe i heard wrong?

to nuvicat9:

i think if you interviewed in the first three dates you get either acceptance or hold
then after the last interview everybody who was put on hold as well as people from the 3.20 section will receive a status of acceptance, alternate, or rejected

to luckii:

i was at the 3.20 interview and i couldve sworn the lady said they took 12 people off alternate last year cause i remember feeling really bummed since i had heard from other people that it was like 40ish maybe i heard wrong?

to nuvicat9:

i think if you interviewed in the first three dates you get either acceptance or hold
then after the last interview everybody who was put on hold as well as people from the 3.20 section will receive a status of acceptance, alternate, or rejected

Oh, I see.

Last edited:
to luckii:

to nuvicat9:

Hi xswtxstinax,
Do you know if there's anyone that interviewed and didn't received anything like my case? I've interviewed on 02.27 but haven't heard anything until now. :( I'm trying to find an asnwer but no luck.

i'm looking for housing around the area. i would like to live around diamond bar area, but seems like western only list housing in claremont, pomona and chino hills area. any suggestions?

to the students of western: where do you live? how much do you pay? and how many people do you live with?

Hi hopingtogetin

i think not hearing is better than getting something in the mail because that means youre still in consideration. i think someone mentioned this in an earlier post about how they dont want to send you a letter saying youre an alternate only to call you a week later and tell you youre in so maybe theyre just saving paper and will call you for an acceptance soon :]

i felt like that when i was waiting for an interview cause my friend was put on hold before an interview while i have not heard anything from them for like half a year and a week before 3.20 i received an email for an interview

Hi hopingtogetin

i think not hearing is better than getting something in the mail because that means youre still in consideration. i think someone mentioned this in an earlier post about how they dont want to send you a letter saying youre an alternate only to call you a week later and tell you youre in so maybe theyre just saving paper and will call you for an acceptance soon :]

i felt like that when i was waiting for an interview cause my friend was put on hold before an interview while i have not heard anything from them for like half a year and a week before 3.20 i received an email for an interview
Thanks, xswtxstinax. You've made my day... :)

to luckii:

the actual number from last year was 40ish....i also talked to a person who got accepted from last year and he told me half of the class was pulled from the wailist...just be patient and positive:xf:

to luckii:

the actual number from last year was 40ish....i also talked to a person who got accepted from last year and he told me half of the class was pulled from the wailist...just be patient and positive:xf:

hopefully, i really want to go to western

Hi xswtxstinax,
Do you know if there's anyone that interviewed and didn't received anything like my case? I've interviewed on 02.27 but haven't heard anything until now. :( I'm trying to find an asnwer but no luck.

It's me. I interviewed on 2/27 and haven't heard anything until now. Many people have told me that hearing nothing is better than a "hold" letter since the school is still considering your application.

However, as time goes on, I am losing my hope based on the information posted by others: Some got acceptance emails (on 4/8) and others got their letters stating their alternative status (post marked on 4/9). Now I am worry that the rejection letters are mailing out at last and my name is on that list :(

Sorry hopingtogetin, I don't want to make you down since I am in the same situation as you, but just be prepared for the worst. I guess the letters will be arrived soon this week.

to luckii:

Yeah because if you look at how many acceptance they gave out last year 190, and they only have 120 seats that means ~70 people declined and went somewhere else. I just hope there's ALOT of movement within the alternate list as well for this year.

to rmlc:

i say expect something this week because in the alternate letter it said we could be called anytime between april 13th and august 13th so just keep waiting plus i dont see the point in waiting so long to reject people. seriously i think most people get put on waitlist and then they will officially reject you after august 13th if they had not already accepted you

Yeah because if you look at how many acceptance they gave out last year 190, and they only have 120 seats that means ~70 people declined and went somewhere else. I just hope there's ALOT of movement within the alternate list as well for this year.

i hope so too. this was my only interview and i got alternate. biggest movements is in may and june cause of deposits and transcripts. hopefully you guys have been accepted elsewhere

It's me. I interviewed on 2/27 and haven't heard anything until now. Many people have told me that hearing nothing is better than a "hold" letter since the school is still considering your application.

However, as time goes on, I am losing my hope based on the information posted by others: Some got acceptance emails (on 4/8) and others got their letters stating their alternative status (post marked on 4/9). Now I am worry that the rejection letters are mailing out at last and my name is on that list :(

Sorry hopingtogetin, I don't want to make you down since I am in the same situation as you, but just be prepared for the worst. I guess the letters will be arrived soon this week.

To rmlc,
It's okie. I feel the same. :( just keep on checking the mail then.

to luckii:

I felt i got some hope from your words stated that half of the last year class was pulled from the waiting list since I just got my alternating list letter today. Can I asked whether the information is corrected or not? Because it seems like there are a lot of competitive candidates looking forward to WU this year, I am super not sure whether they will give up their seats or not and go to somewhere else.

If anyone else who interviewed on 3/20 got accepted, please let us know. I'm getting so anxious and nervous because haven't heard anything yet, and it's been over 3 weeks. Please let us know how you got notified (by email/mail/phone) and when also. Thanks.

I think it's a bummer that the wait list is not ranked- we would have no idea what our chances are, as they said there were about 90+ people on it last year, and I think only a small portion get in (correct me if I'm wrong).

If anyone else who interviewed on 3/20 got accepted, please let us know. I'm getting so anxious and nervous because haven't heard anything yet, and it's been over 3 weeks. Please let us know how you got notified (by email/mail/phone) and when also. Thanks.

I think it's a bummer that the wait list is not ranked- we would have no idea what our chances are, as they said there were about 90+ people on it last year, and I think only a small portion get in (correct me if I'm wrong).

I was interviewed on the 20th of March and got my acceptance letter via email on the 8th of April in the morning and on April 10th got the the acceptance letter in the mail. I hope that helps and clear any confusion you might have.
Good luck to everyone, I am crossing my fingers for you :xf:

I felt i got some hope from your words stated that half of the last year class was pulled from the waiting list since I just got my alternating list letter today. Can I asked whether the information is corrected or not? Because it seems like there are a lot of competitive candidates looking forward to WU this year, I am super not sure whether they will give up their seats or not and go to somewhere else.

I have also heard that about half of the students in last years class was pulled from the waitlist too from a couple of the P1 students that I talked to during my interview. And I am 99.9% positive that Dr. Prabhu said the same thing. I was at the Feb 27th interview and a lot of people there also interview at USC the week before. I read that USC just sent out acceptances last week as well sooooo some hopefully they got into USC and go there instead. Also UCSF just started sending out there acceptances last week too. So hopefully this means there will movement in the waitlist. There's nothing to do but think positive. :xf: