-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WesternU MSMS 2024/2025
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
congrats! when is your interview?For what’s it worth I applied pretty close to the deadline, completed my pre-interview about 2 weeks ago, and just got an invitation to interview. It seems that they’re getting in the last of us.
the later half of this week 🙂congrats! when is your interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JustAPreMedGuy1
New Member
I feel like that’s going to be the case, unfortunately. This is the same thing that happened last year and everyone heard back about decisions in mid-May. I really wish they had a more organized timeline. The more this decision delays, the more stressed I get about it, so I really hope we all hear back soon 😭They probably won’t get back to anyone until after they review the final interviews this week, right? It’s almost 4 weeks I’m so antsy [emoji24]
Medigal-lifts
Full Member
Just got accepted!!!
I also received my acceptance! Hopefully those who haven’t heard back do soon, especially since there are still upcoming interviews!
JustAPreMedGuy1
New Member
Has anyone received any emails today? I’m still pending my decision email.
Marisoldunham
New Member
For those that got accepted, were you premed or predental? Also was it the linkage?
No not yetHas anyone received any emails today? I’m still pending my decision email.
Medigal-lifts
Full Member
Pre-med and yes on the acceptance letter it shows you're accepted to the pipeline track.For those that got accepted, were you premed or predental? Also was it the linkage?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that got accepted, were you premed or predental? Also was it the linkage?
i'm pre-dental and got accepted on the pipleline track!any pre dentals get accepted yet?
JustAPreMedGuy1
New Member
I wonder if the rest of us will hear during that timeframe as well, but I hope notTold us today that we were the last interview group, our decisions will come within 1-2 weeks.
Dr. Licero mentioned that timeline was for our interview group so I imagine it might be sooner for you all. She said since we were at the end of interviewing process they were going to try and be quicker with the decisions.I wonder if the rest of us will hear during that timeframe as well, but I hope not
How many people were in your interview group?Dr. Licero mentioned that timeline was for our interview group so I imagine it might be sooner for you all. She said since we were at the end of interviewing process they were going to try and be quicker with the decisions.
5How many people were in your interview group?
any accepted students want to connect or make a group chat?
i’ll be starting a gc, if anyone wants to be added message me and let me know!
JustAPreMedGuy1
New Member
Just got my acceptance today!!
+1, excited!Just got my acceptance today!!
I was accepted on April 24th and was selected for the premed track. 🙂For those that got accepted, were you premed or predental? Also was it the linkage?
Just got mine, down to join the chat.i’ll be starting a gc, if anyone wants to be added message me and let me know!
Mine was pre-med and yes linkageFor those that got accepted, were you premed or predental? Also was it the linkage?
Medigal-lifts
Full Member
congratulation😍Chat I got in!!! 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was hoping to ask for those accepted to the MS with med school linkage, what were your stats if you don't me asking. Like GPA, post bacc, some experiences if you think that helped with making you competitive? Also wondering if anyone heard how the program is structured and how the classes are?
Hi,+1, excited!
If possible, would you be willing to share some stats/ECs that would give me a better idea of what a competitive applicant looks like? I'm a bit nervous since my GPA is below a 3.0, and I'm taking a Postbacc to boost it up.
I was accepted on April 24th and was selected for the premed track. 🙂
Hi, do you know what the condition are for direct linkage?This is pretty much an SMP it's for those with lower GPA and MCAT scores. I don't think you necessarily need a post bacc to get in but you have the funds and time to do it by all means. I got in and have a gpa around 2.8 and an MCAT of 508. Having clinical experience is definitely a plus, i have about 3k hours.
As far as the program is structure it's a year long and from what I hear it's kinda an long interview for your specific school (DO, DDS etc.)
Hey all! I had applied to this program close to the deadline, and for whatever reason one of my LOR was rejected (even though it was accepted at every other school I applied to). In short, I thought I was screwed because my applicaiton was incomplete. I got a call today from someone in admissions offering me an interview, and they said "MSMS only". What does this mean exactly? For context, I am hoping to link into the medical school. They said they would be sending me an email with more information on Monday. Thoughts?
Marisoldunham
New Member
If it’s MSMS only, most likely they’ve already filled all their linkage spots but they have room in the MSMS (masters only) track. So you’ll end up with the masters but you’d have to apply in the regular pool of med/dental applicants.
Interesting I didn’t even know that was a thing either. I’m probably going to call to talk to an advisor but I wanted to ask a couple other questions just incase.If it’s MSMS only, most likely they’ve already filled all their linkage spots but they have room in the MSMS (masters only) track. So you’ll end up with the masters but you’d have to apply in the regular pool of med/dental applicants.
For the linkage track to the DO program, would I have to apply initially with the MCAT or is it something we can apply, since I think applications open August for the next years fall, to continue studying for the MCAT and take it before the program starts?
Also I wanted to know if you are accepted and have less than the 3.0 “min requirement” for the DO program normally, would you still be guaranteed an interview after completing the program, as long as you fulfilled the GPA requirement of the MSMS and MCAT?
you can apply without mcat, but highly rec taking mcat before MSMS starts.Interesting I didn’t even know that was a thing either. I’m probably going to call to talk to an advisor but I wanted to ask a couple other questions just incase.
For the linkage track to the DO program, would I have to apply initially with the MCAT or is it something we can apply, since I think applications open August for the next years fall, to continue studying for the MCAT and take it before the program starts?
Also I wanted to know if you are accepted and have less than the 3.0 “min requirement” for the DO program normally, would you still be guaranteed an interview after completing the program, as long as you fulfilled the GPA requirement of the MSMS and MCAT?
yes as long as you are in the linkage track you just need to meet linkage requirements-494 mcat 3.1 GPA (in the program), no more than 2 Cs
PremedCloud
Full Member
Hello all, congratulations to those who got accepted! I recently applied to the MSMS at westernU and I had a quick question. When will I receive confirmation from westernU that my app was received?
On the website they state that they will send out a confirmation email but I am yet to receive that. POSTBACCAS sent me an email saying my app was verified but that’s it. Thanks for the help!
On the website they state that they will send out a confirmation email but I am yet to receive that. POSTBACCAS sent me an email saying my app was verified but that’s it. Thanks for the help!
You should get an email when it's been processed, or when you get an email saying that something in your app isn't complete. I applied on the last day before the application was due lol but I think you'll see something before. I wouldn't worry too much if PostbaccCAS received your app, I'm not sure if they're even processing em right now.Hello all, congratulations to those who got accepted! I recently applied to the MSMS at westernU and I had a quick question. When will I receive confirmation from westernU that my app was received?
On the website they state that they will send out a confirmation email but I am yet to receive that. POSTBACCAS sent me an email saying my app was verified but that’s it. Thanks for the help!
PremedCloud
Full Member
Thank you for the reply. I ended up receiving the email from WesternU a couple days ago 👍You should get an email when it's been processed, or when you get an email saying that something in your app isn't complete. I applied on the last day before the application was due lol but I think you'll see something before. I wouldn't worry too much if PostbaccCAS received your app, I'm not sure if they're even processing em right now.
Congrats! I've only been in the program for about 3.5 months now lol but if you have any questions about it I think I can answer them at this point.Thank you for the reply. I ended up receiving the email from WesternU a couple days ago 👍
PremedCloud
Full Member
Hello again! I was given the opportunity to interview. However, the mandatory pre-interview link says I don’t have permission to view the form. They wanted me to complete the survey at least 48 hours before my interview, which has passed now. Do you know if i’ll still be able to interview without doing the survey? I contacted the office of admissions but they won’t get back to me until after my interview since they are closed over weekends 😅😅😅Congrats! I've only been in the program for about 3.5 months now lol but if you have any questions about it I think I can answer them at this point.
It seems they sent out a different link today. I’m also interviewing tomorrow, best of luck!Hello again! I was given the opportunity to interview. However, the mandatory pre-interview link says I don’t have permission to view the form. They wanted me to complete the survey at least 48 hours before my interview, which has passed now. Do you know if i’ll still be able to interview without doing the survey? I contacted the office of admissions but they won’t get back to me until after my interview since they are closed over weekends 😅😅😅
Hi hi how did the interview go? I have one on Tuesday and am nervous!!!It seems they sent out a different link today. I’m also interviewing tomorrow, best of luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad