Western University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I tried to look up my emails to see if I was emailed the interview invitation or called. I remembered I got called but mr. ipoopstandingup there got an email lol.

Let us know if you guys need any advice on interviews.

Good luck everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I know of one person in our class that has turned their worksheet up to a week late. That person also ended up with an interview and acceptance.

This forum is weird. Sometimes it displays a signature and other times it doesn't.

i submitted all of my stuff October 10 and when i emailed the admissions board they said that my materials have been received but it has not been processed and when it does get processed i will get an email confirmation. I still havent heard anything. should i be worried? western is my top choice. has anyone heard back from them yet.

i submitted all of my stuff October 10 and when i emailed the admissions board they said that my materials have been received but it has not been processed and when it does get processed i will get an email confirmation. I still havent heard anything. should i be worried? western is my top choice. has anyone heard back from them yet.

I got an e-mail saying that my application was ready for evaluation. They say on the website that they will be sending out interview invites 1-3 weeks before the first interview date, so I think they will be sending out invites next week.

Be prepared to get an invitation in your e-mails today!! I just checked my e-mail and have been invited for the interview on December 15 at 7:30AM!! :D

Let us know if you have any questions.

We are hitting finals week soon so feel free to PM or email us if you have any questions.

[email protected]

Good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Be prepared to get an invitation in your e-mails today!! I just checked my e-mail and have been invited for the interview on December 15 at 7:30AM!! :D

Congrats on the interview invitation! When did you submit your supplemental?

Congrats! Post up any questions you might have. I am sure GP and I would be more than happy to help.

Just got my interview invite :) Good luck everyone!

Are all the interview invites going out today? I submitted my secondary apps end of Aug, too, but no invite =( Maybe rejections are going out after??

Unfortunately this happens. There is a waiting game. There aren't rejections letters this early. Do NOT panic. Just because you didn't get an invite now doesn't mean you won't get an invite at all. Personally, last year I got my invite via email for the very last interview date. Keep your head up and try not to use other people as a measuring stick for interview invites. You will kill yourself doing that.

Unfortunately this happens. There is a waiting game. There aren't rejections letters this early. Do NOT panic. Just because you didn't get an invite now doesn't mean you won't get an invite at all. Personally, last year I got my invite via email for the very last interview date. Keep your head up and try not to use other people as a measuring stick for interview invites. You will kill yourself doing that.

^ Soooo true.

Current P1 here, I also didn't get an interview invite until later on for the March date. I didn't even get my application confirmation until after the first interview date! I'm not sure how and in what order they process the applications, but I will admit that I submitted the materials 2 days before the due date.

With that said, be sure that the adcoms received your entire application. Because I know some people told me that they didn't hear back, no application confirmation or anything, and I'm pretty sure their stats were pretty good as well (based on other schools they got admitted to.)

Last edited:
^ lol I think mine was the worse. I think I turned mine in probably 24 hours before the deadline. And you are P1? Who are you?

^ lol I think mine was the worse. I think I turned mine in probably 24 hours before the deadline. And you are P1? Who are you?

For me to know and for you to figure out lol. Though, feel free to message me on facebook once you figure out who I am.

I think I know who you are because i think I had a conversation with someone who brought up your user name. And i'm not going to message the the whole class just to figure who you are. At least give me a hint lol.

Does the school send a confirmation email after you have accepted the invitation?

Does the school send a confirmation email after you have accepted the invitation?

From the looks of it, some people this application cycle have been receiving invites through email. However, garlic pretzel got his invitation last year via phone. I myself got mine last year through email.

Oh I completely misunderstood that question. There should be a confirmation email in the form of more directions on your interview date. Give them a few days.

This is true.. I mailed the additional stuff and payment early in october and submitted my supp 10/31 and got an email confirmation about 3 days ago that they received everything. Then you are prompted to check on their site. Perhaps they are in the process of gathering all your material together.
I'd Give it a week or so..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

T.T waiting is killing me!!! Good luck for everyone that have the invitation! I apply so late and now I am freaking worried!!!

When did you receive the email that your application is being processed/evaluated?

Just received my interview invitation for December 15, 2012. Submitted my app on the last day. This seems like very short notice...

I just received an invitation for the December 15th interview today as well. :) For the above poster that asked about the 'application being evaluated' e-mail..I had received that on October 25th.

I was so scared that I was pushed back or rejected because I didn't get the interview... but I got it!

Same here =)

Just received my interview invitation for December 15, 2012. Submitted my app on the last day. This seems like very short notice...

I just received an invitation for the December 15th interview today as well. :) For the above poster that asked about the 'application being evaluated' e-mail..I had received that on October 25th.

I was so scared that I was pushed back or rejected because I didn't get the interview... but I got it!

Congrats! :)

Same here! I also submitted my app the day it was due.

Congrats everyone. Let me know if you have any questions, like what to expect on the interview day. You will be seeing some of the students that day.

Last edited:
Hi iPoostandingup,
What should I expect on the interview day? Is it closed file or open file? Questions-more general, or will they ask you questions based on the previous answer you gave them? Do you think the environment is stressful with ~100 interviewees, or did you feel that it was relaxed?
This is the school I really want to attend, so any help or feedback you could give us before the Dec 15 interview would be fab/awesome/great. : )

Hi iPoostandingup,
What should I expect on the interview day? Is it closed file or open file? Questions-more general, or will they ask you questions based on the previous answer you gave them? Do you think the environment is stressful with ~100 interviewees, or did you feel that it was relaxed?
This is the school I really want to attend, so any help or feedback you could give us before the Dec 15 interview would be fab/awesome/great. : )

It is a closed file interview.
The questions: without a doubt be prepared to answer why pharmacy but other questions to me seemed general. When they ask you a question, it doesn't build on itself unless they just want to know more before moving onto a new topic/new question. The way my interview went it was more of a conversation. I remember talking to one of the staff about her husband and what my hobbies were. In fact, I was talking to the dean at a dinner party he hosts every year at his house. I asked him what he thought process was like on interview days. He said that the first few questions are always questions to calm the interviewee down. Like, tell me about your self, your hobbies, things that you should be able to answer without a problem. Read up a little bit about the school. Look up some of the older threads on this site. It will help you, but I will leave it at that.

Stres level: 100% you will feel stressed because you want to be accepted into the school. My heart was pounding, but in all honesty, it shouldn't be. It's all in your head. Some of the faculty I heard were tough interviewers while others were easy. I've heard one story where one of the interviewers asked a interviewee what their thoughts on MTM were. However, I wasn't asked such a difficult topic. Take my word for it, AFTER your interview you will be kicking yourself in the butt thinking, "I shouldn't have said that."

Interview day:
When you get there, they will have you seated in a room, a class room where you will sit with current students. They will talk to you and they ARE NOT part of the interview. THey are there to calm you down and let you know more about how school life is. It isn't until they pull you out of the room that your interview starts. The interview isn't too long. Once your interview is over, they move you all to another room and give you a presentation about the school followed by a writing sample. After that, your interview is over.

If you have any questions, shoot them at me. Some areas of my explanation may be bad, but it's because I am on a study break.

Last edited:
Hopefully to see you guys at the first interview.

Good luck everyone :thumbup:

p.s. I'm not sure why he kept saying current alums, they are current students not alums.

Hopefully to see you guys at the first interview.

Good luck everyone :thumbup:

p.s. I'm not sure why he kept saying current alums, they are current students not alums.

Thanks iPoo!! :)
GarlicPretzel, do you have any advice? Or anything else to add? Thanks

I received an invitation for the 12/15 interview two days ago as well!

I'm having commuting issues here. My original plan was to fly in Saturday morning, before the interview, but none of the flights to ONT airport would allow me to arrive to campus on time. The only possible flights would be to LAX at 745am landing, which would also probably not give me enough time to rent a car and drive to Pomona.

I was debating about landing Friday night to LAX, then take the Amtrak (only 1 late night train) to Pomona. However, there aren't any buses/amtrak service on weekends to take me back to LAX.

I dont want to reschedule my interview as I feel I could run into the same issues in the future. Any advice?

I hope someone can chime in to help. I live within driving distance to the school so I didn't have such an issue. No real advice from me there. Sorry. However, if you plan on traveling by foot around the area at night, I advise against it.

I'm having commuting issues here. My original plan was to fly in Saturday morning, before the interview, but none of the flights to ONT airport would allow me to arrive to campus on time. The only possible flights would be to LAX at 745am landing, which would also probably not give me enough time to rent a car and drive to Pomona.

I was debating about landing Friday night to LAX, then take the Amtrak (only 1 late night train) to Pomona. However, there aren't any buses/amtrak service on weekends to take me back to LAX.

I dont want to reschedule my interview as I feel I could run into the same issues in the future. Any advice?

There are shuttle services to and from LAX: http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/ (one of my friends used this one once without complaint), but I am not sure that it would be cheaper than renting a car when all is said and done. IMO, the less stress the better..coming in early, getting a rental car and a hotel not too far from the school is probably best. Don't try getting to Pomona at 930 from LAX at 745.

This is the only response I have regarding LAX: O_____O

I'm not saying it's a good or bad idea, but LAX may be well over an hour from Pomona, depending on traffic. Also, LAX is an international airport, whereas ONT is more of a domestic airport. LAX from what I hear gets supperrrrr congested. Oh, and did I mention that it's holiday season?

ONT airport, on the other hand, is a sweet little tiny airport. Brings me great memories back when I travelled from to college in norcal and home in socal. You basically walk outside of the plane, walk a short stretch, and wallah! You're at the entrance.

May I ask, where are you originally from? If you live in norcal, driving could be an option, considering that flights last minute (I know, it couldn't be helped) are pretty expensive.

And also, does no other Ontario flight work? Maybe you could ditch school/work a little earlier haha. Not that I'm advocating ditching class, but you will have to give up something when you go on the rest of your interviews, not just Western. If that's not the problem, is it because of the car rental?

Last edited:
Thanks patient lover and riggylou for advice!

I'm from San Francisco. I wasnt able to take Friday off since I would be gone the beginning of the week for an interview in MA..I will also be flying out Sunday,after the interview for another interiview in NY. The timing isn't perfect but I just have to work with what I have.

I decided to fly into LAX (flight to ONT was over $800!) Friday evening after work, rent a car, drive to a hotel in pomona, interview Sat 12/15 at 930, the fly back to SF for evening work. On the bright side, I'll be flying to NY on Sun (after another shift of work)!

Best of luck for those who will also be interviewing on 12/15!

I decided to fly into LAX (flight to ONT was over $800!) Friday evening after work, rent a car, drive to a hotel in pomona, interview Sat 12/15 at 930, the fly back to SF for evening work. On the bright side, I'll be flying to NY on Sun (after another shift of work)!

Best of luck for those who will also be interviewing on 12/15!

..........may I ask what airline(s) you're using so I know which ones to avoid?!?! I guess recent gas prices and holiday season jacked the price up so unbearably high.....

Anyways, good luck to you and everyone else who is interviewing next Saturday!