You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western University of Health Sciences
Started by funnybunny
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Pharmcas mailed out my application on 8/8/2012 and I still have an "incomplete-items outstanding" on the portal as well. Maybe they don't check the applications until a later time?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Western doesn't send invites for the supplemental application. Just follow the instructions on the website and you will find the link to the supplemental application. You'll find the link on this page http://prospective.westernu.edu/pharmacy-pharmd/apply. HTH.
Does Western have rolling admissions? It's now been almost a month since I submitted my PharmCAS. Maybe it's not rolling admissions and they don't look at it until the application deadline. I couldn't find any information on this anywhere. Does anyone know?
Hi guys, I'm a first year at Western. Feel free to ask any questions.
Western has an odd rolling admission. They don't start anything until October I believe, but do try to get your application in as soon as you can.
Good luck everyone.
Western has an odd rolling admission. They don't start anything until October I believe, but do try to get your application in as soon as you can.
Good luck everyone.
for LORs, does anyone know if they have to be from specific person like one from professors and one from pharmacist or whatever? I have 1 from my physics teacher from community college, 1 from pharmacist, and one from my manager (I used to work as a nail tech). I don't know if these 3 LORs..are good enough? thanks in advance
for LORs, does anyone know if they have to be from specific person like one from professors and one from pharmacist or whatever? I have 1 from my physics teacher from community college, 1 from pharmacist, and one from my manager (I used to work as a nail tech). I don't know if these 3 LORs..are good enough? thanks in advance
yeah i think your LOR references selection looks solid. they all fall under the recommended list: http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/501
Anybody applying this cycle?
I submitted my PharmCAS application on 8/2/2012 but my supplemental application for Western says incomplete because they haven't received my PharmCAS app yet??? 😕
Does anybody know how long it usually takes?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently, they did not start processing the PharmCAS application. I called and checked if they received my PharmCAS and they confirmed that they did. The webportal still says incomplete to this day.
I submitted my PharmCAS application on 8/2/2012 but my supplemental application for Western says incomplete because they haven't received my PharmCAS app yet??? 😕
Does anybody know how long it usually takes?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently, they did not start processing the PharmCAS application. I called and checked if they received my PharmCAS and they confirmed that they did. The webportal still says incomplete to this day.
I am a P1 at westernu and I get bored in class at times . If anyone has any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them for you, so ask away.
I am a P1 at westernu and I get bored in class at times . If anyone has any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them for you, so ask away.
LOL who's this?
Bro, I am staring at you right now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who are applying to western, be sure to keep up on what is needed/completed/missing. I forget where you can find it, but you need to fill out your schedule of current classes that you have taken or are going to take in the future. I almost didn't even see it before the deadline so keep on the look out for it. It should be word doc that you email to the admissions office. They don't tell you about it IIRC. It is your responsibility anyways.
Aha. Submitted PharmCAs 8/2 and Western just received it 9/7. Guess it takes a while O__o
I think he's talking about this.
http://prospective.westernu.edu/assets/prospective/pharmacy-pharmd/pharmd-prerequisite-worksheet.pdf
http://prospective.westernu.edu/assets/prospective/pharmacy-pharmd/pharmd-prerequisite-worksheet.pdf
Hey, I just checked my admission status on the website - under the requirements there is a subsection that says prerequisite worksheet and they haven't receive that. So does that mean I have to fill it out and mail it to them? I remember when i submitted the supplement, there is a section where I fill out the prerequisite classes.I think he's talking about this.
http://prospective.westernu.edu/assets/prospective/pharmacy-pharmd/pharmd-prerequisite-worksheet.pdf
yes garlic that's the one I'm talking about. Pharmcas has a list of your classes but westernu wants one of their own. I don't know about how it is now, but I didn't mail mine in. I e-mailed mine to them. Pharmcas sends their applications to the schools in batches. Submitting your pharmcas could take weeks before western gets it. So apply early if you can. I turned mine in close to the deadline, but I also got a late interview date no what I'm sayin'? For those that already submitted their pharmcas I would suggest starting your supplemental asap. It is accessible on westernu's site
Hey, I just checked my admission status on the website - under the requirements there is a subsection that says prerequisite worksheet and they haven't receive that. So does that mean I have to fill it out and mail it to them? I remember when i submitted the supplement, there is a section where I fill out the prerequisite classes.
Unfortunately, you will be filling in your perquisites over and over and over again for most pharmacy schools. I remembered when I was applying and getting pissed off because I pretty much memorized all my courses.
BTW, WesternU is slow so your application website will rarely get updated as your admission progresses. Just keep an eye out for emails from admission and turn all your paperwork in ASAP. My application page never changed even up until I got accepted, always said incomplete (or whatever it says right now for you guys).
Good luck everyone. 👍
Unfortunately, you will be filling in your perquisites over and over and over again for most pharmacy schools. I remembered when I was applying and getting pissed off because I pretty much memorized all my courses.
BTW, WesternU is slow so your application website will rarely get updated as your admission progresses. Just keep an eye out for emails from admission and turn all your paperwork in ASAP. My application page never changed even up until I got accepted, always said incomplete (or whatever it says right now for you guys).
Good luck everyone. 👍
😡 I found that we do indeed have to fill out the perqu. again. It turns out that they want us to fill it in and email to them. It's kind of stupid because the worksheet cannot be saved. So i have to type it all in one setting then print it out and scan it then email it to them?😕 Or is there a server or another version of the adobe reader taht i can use to save it?
😡 I found that we do indeed have to fill out the perqu. again. It turns out that they want us to fill it in and email to them. It's kind of stupid because the worksheet cannot be saved. So i have to type it all in one setting then print it out and scan it then email it to them?😕 Or is there a server or another version of the adobe reader taht i can use to save it?
This was the most painful part of applications after the primary and secondary. I also had the same issue. What you need to do is download a PDF to .docx file converter. Use that converter to convert the westernu file to a microsoft word file and then fill it out. Then reuse the converter to change the doc file back to PDF.
In a nutshell
PDF ---> Word
Word ---back to ---> PDF
I forgot which program I used, but try googling Foxit or Nitro PDF. I think one if not both of those programs will require a CD key. However, I can neither confirm nor deny that there are 'free' versions floating around.
😡 I found that we do indeed have to fill out the perqu. again. It turns out that they want us to fill it in and email to them. It's kind of stupid because the worksheet cannot be saved. So i have to type it all in one setting then print it out and scan it then email it to them?😕 Or is there a server or another version of the adobe reader taht i can use to save it?
Or you could just type it in and export it as a .jpg and send to them, thats what i did.
Im on a mac though. iPOOstandingup just recently converted LOL
Or you could just type it in and export it as a .jpg and send to them, thats what i did.
Im on a mac though. iPOOstandingup just recently converted LOL
Genius, you are it! I didn't even think of that. Talk about me getting over complicated haha.
Or another way to do it is type it out on the file, print it, then scan it back in. I wish they would just make the file editable.
This was the most painful part of applications after the primary and secondary. I also had the same issue. What you need to do is download a PDF to .docx file converter. Use that converter to convert the westernu file to a microsoft word file and then fill it out. Then reuse the converter to change the doc file back to PDF.
In a nutshell
PDF ---> Word
Word ---back to ---> PDF
I forgot which program I used, but try googling Foxit or Nitro PDF. I think one if not both of those programs will require a CD key. However, I can neither confirm nor deny that there are 'free' versions floating around.
I believe I used Foxit..it was a good program
I am filling the application and I have some questions about the extracurricular part. I used to work as (1) Nail technician, (2) volunteer at school for disable children, and (3) volunteer at Regional food bank. I don't know if any of these three are related to health care? and if yes in what profession? thanks a lot in advance 🙂
^ Of those three, I would list both volunteering opportunities that you had. I don't know how much they weigh that portion of PharmCas, but any volunteering even outside of pharmacy is a big plus.
If that were me, I wouldn't list the nail tech as extracurricular experience.
EDIT: Now that I think of it, I think that western's supplemental application has something about your volunteering experiences. If you wanted to, you could list the nail tech experience as volunteering experience, but you would need to elaborate on it later.
If that were me, I wouldn't list the nail tech as extracurricular experience.
EDIT: Now that I think of it, I think that western's supplemental application has something about your volunteering experiences. If you wanted to, you could list the nail tech experience as volunteering experience, but you would need to elaborate on it later.
Last edited:
thanks a lot^ Of those three, I would list both volunteering opportunities that you had. I don't know how much they weigh that portion of PharmCas, but any volunteering even outside of pharmacy is a big plus.
If that were me, I wouldn't list the nail tech as extracurricular experience.
EDIT: Now that I think of it, I think that western's supplemental application has something about your volunteering experiences. If you wanted to, you could list the nail tech experience as volunteering experience, but you would need to elaborate on it later.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
On Western's supplemental app, the first 2 short answer questions asks if you have applied, been accepted to or enrolled in other PharmD programs other than Western and if so, to list the names of the other programs. I am applying to quite a few programs including Western and I am not sure if I should list all the programs. What did you all do? I see a "no response" option but I don't think I should select that. Thanks everyone! 🙂
On Western's supplemental app, the first 2 short answer questions asks if you have applied, been accepted to or enrolled in other PharmD programs other than Western and if so, to list the names of the other programs. I am applying to quite a few programs including Western and I am not sure if I should list all the programs. What did you all do? I see a "no response" option but I don't think I should select that. Thanks everyone! 🙂
Last edited:
I remember hitting this question when I was applying. When you say applying to other programs do you mean applying to several other PharmD programs? Or do you mean applying to Western's PharmD/DO/VM/etc? Those are two different circumstances.
In my case, I was only applying to PharmD programs both at western and other schools. So in that instance, I put no iirc.
In my case, I was only applying to PharmD programs both at western and other schools. So in that instance, I put no iirc.
I remember hitting this question when I was applying. When you say applying to other programs do you mean applying to several other PharmD programs? Or do you mean applying to Western's PharmD/DO/VM/etc? Those are two different circumstances.
In my case, I was only applying to PharmD programs both at western and other schools. So in that instance, I put no iirc.
I am applying to only PharmD programs, at Western and other schools for Fall 2013. I'm just not sure if I should list all the other PharmD programs I am applying too. Maybe just list a few of them?
In that instance, I put no for myself even though I had the same circumstances as you do. But if you feel more comfortable about it, list them. It won't hurt.
You know, now that I think of it, in the interview portion, they never mentioned nor asked why you applied to other schools. From what I have been gathering, you need to be prepared to answer why western as opposed to other pharm schools.
You know, now that I think of it, in the interview portion, they never mentioned nor asked why you applied to other schools. From what I have been gathering, you need to be prepared to answer why western as opposed to other pharm schools.
Last edited:
I asked some of my friends and they also put no so I will most likely do the same. Also, I will be sure to prepare for the "why this school" question. Thanks for your input! 🙂
Hi guys. Did any of you experience technical problems when submitting your prerequisite verification form? For some reason when I try to click e-mail button, it sends me message that the operation is prohibited.![]()
You can find the e-mail address on their page...I still had technical problems though, I was able to fill it out and could see it on my computer but apparently when they received it--it appeared blank. They gave me a fax # that I could send it to..so I went ahead and did that. They will let you know if it doesn't come through right..but don't wait until the last min...so you can make sure it goes through properly before Nov. 1.
that issue usually occurs when you use Preview to fill out the form on Macs
Hi, I listed all classes that I repeated, even if they weren't prerequisites. I think if you are unsure, just do that...since they are all due today. Just to be sure, is that all we have to do? PharmCAS, supplemental application, prerequisite worksheet, & course retake worksheet?
Just submitted my supplemental application. Yay!
Hi, I listed all classes that I repeated, even if they weren't prerequisites. I think if you are unsure, just do that...since they are all due today. Just to be sure, is that all we have to do? PharmCAS, supplemental application, prerequisite worksheet, & course retake worksheet?
Yes this is what you need to have submitted by the deadline. You are good to go.
Someone please help! For the repeated coursework, do we also list repeated classes that AREN'T classified as prerequisites?? Thank you.
List all the repeated coursework. It is better to be safe than sorry.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I've heard, Western admins call students for the first round of interviews starting early December
PharmD Interview Dates:
December 15, 2012
January 26, 2013
February 23, 2013
Yes, that sounds correct from my recollection.
Do they really call you? I was emailed my invitation.
Do they really call you? I was emailed my invitation.
Oh really? When did you get your invitation?
last year. I am in Western's 2016 PharmD class. So is garlic Pretzel.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
