WesternU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eragon8192

Reaction score
Wanted to start a group for Western :) This is my top school, I hope we hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I also applied to Western as well. This is my second time applying, I got waitlist accepted for the class of 2024

I also applied to Western as well. This is my second time applying, I got waitlist accepted for the class of 2024
Were you still waitlisted as an accepted student? Because I was waitlisted only and got a call that I was accepted at the end of July, so I thought they had gone through the whole list of students that were initially accepted but got placed on a waitlist. :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Were you still waitlisted as an accepted student? Because I was waitlisted only and got a call that I was accepted at the end of July, so I thought they had gone through the whole list of students that were initially accepted but got placed on a waitlist. :oops:
I was waitlisted acceptance I never got a call or email to take me off the list

How long did it take for your application to be processed?

How long did it take for your application to be processed?
I submitted mine back in June however there was some issues with my transcripts being downloaded or received for the longest time before it was resolved this month!

I submitted mine back in June however there was some issues with my transcripts being downloaded or received for the longest time before it was resolved this month!
Okay I just wasn’t sure how long it was supposed to take the application portal said they received my application on 9/15 but it still says it has been sent for processing

Does anyone know when they will be sending out interviews ?

Does anyone know when they will be sending out interviews ?
I think that for last year the first round of interviews was end of October? So I'm guessing they should start rolling out any day now...! Although they may do things completely differently this time because of covid?

Has anyone's application status changed yet? Mine still says "sent to Admissions for processing."

Reactions: 1 user
I think that for last year the first round of interviews was end of October? So I'm guessing they should start rolling out any day now...! Although they may do things completely differently this time because of covid?

Has anyone's application status changed yet? Mine still says "sent to Admissions for processing."

Where can you view your current status?

Where can you view your current status?
Once your application is verified by the VMCAS and it gets sent to the schools, you should receive an email from Western saying they received your application and it will give you a link to make an account where you can check your application status.

Once your application is verified by the VMCAS and it gets sent to the schools, you should receive an email from Western saying they received your application and it will give you a link to make an account where you can check your application status.
My application was verified almost a week ago but I never received an email from them. Should I be worried? Or patient? How long did it take you to get that email after you were verified?

Hello! Thanks for the reply. I created an account and have access to the portal, but I can’t find anywhere on that page where it shows the status of the application.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application was verified almost a week ago but I never received an email from them. Should I be worried? Or patient? How long did it take you to get that email after you were verified?
I submitted on 9/6, was verified 9/10, and received an email from Western saying my application was received on 9/16. I’m sure they’re just swamped since most people submit right around the deadline so I wouldn’t stress about it!

Hello! Thanks for the reply. I created an account and have access to the portal, but I can’t find anywhere on that page where it shows the status of the application.
For me under the “Next Steps” section of the portal page there’s just a sentence that says “Your application has been sent to Admissions for processing.”

IS First time applicant. Waiting to see when it will show my status

My application was verified on 9/15 and I received an email from them on 9/16. I reached out to them several times on 9/16, 9/17, and 9/18 because the email they sent me stated that I had to fill out the Repeated Courses Form through the portal and my application wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t submit it by the 9/15 deadline, which I was confused about since they only told me this a day after the deadline. They got back to me the next Monday. I’m not sure if communication is slow because of the wildfires or they’re just receiving a lot of emails/ calls at this time. You could reach out to one of the three admissions advisors and they should get back to you within a few days.

I am hoping they send out interviews by Friday. I think last year they went out the first Friday of October. Fingers crossed.

Any late submits still waiting to get verified? I submitted on the 15th and never received an email from them either.

Okay I just wasn’t sure how long it was supposed to take the application portal said they received my application on 9/15 but it still says it has been sent for processing
dumb question but Is the application portal you're referring to the VMCAS status tab? or is it another portal we have to sign up with western additionally? I'm not yet verified and haven't gotten any email from Western either so I'm kinda behind.

dumb question but Is the application portal you're referring to the VMCAS status tab? or is it another portal we have to sign up with western additionally? I'm not yet verified and haven't gotten any email from Western either so I'm kinda behind.
Not a dumb question! It’s another link that Western sends you once your VMCAS application is verified. I received an email with the link a day after my application was verified.

I just checked my portal and they just added in my ELORs today in my checklist, so hopefully that means they've started to review our apps. Wasn't on there when I checked a few days ago

I just checked my portal and they just added in my ELORs today in my checklist, so hopefully that means they've started to review our apps. Wasn't on there when I checked a few days ago
Does your application still say “sent to admissions for processing”? I’m not 100% sure but I think that changes to “under review” once they start reviewing your application. My ELORs have been checked off for a couple weeks and it still says it’s being processed.

My application was verified yesterday morning and I have not received the email with the link from them yet.

Does your application still say “sent to admissions for processing”? I’m not 100% sure but I think that changes to “under review” once they start reviewing your application. My ELORs have been checked off for a couple weeks and it still says it’s being processed.
Hmm mine does not list either anywhere so I guess they have not viewed my application yet and are still collecting all my information

Where exactly does it say “sent to admissions for processing” ? Can someone take a screenshot of the page please?

Not a dumb question! It’s another link that Western sends you once your VMCAS application is verified. I received an email with the link a day after my application was verified.

Thanks for helping me out!!
Just to make sure, so once I get verified (yesterday morning), I would be receiving an email soon that takes me to the WesternU portal, where the rest of the updates will be shown?

Wishing everyone good luck!! :giggle: hopefully classmates next year.

Reactions: 3 users
Where exactly does it say “sent to admissions for processing” ? Can someone take a screenshot of the page please?
AFBA4F9D-C801-4642-B7FC-A09894AEA292.jpeg

So I never got the email from them with a link to the applicant portal, but I just went on the website and it let me create an account and it shows my current application status. Idk what's going on with that, but if you guys haven't gotten the automated email, just going straight to the website also works haha

I don't have a next steps yet so I'm assuming I haven't been looked at yet! Guess I'll just keep waiting :shrug:

Hi, where on the website?
If you google “Western U applicant portal” it is the top result. On that page there’s an option to create a new account, which worked for me!

If you google “Western U applicant portal” it is the top result. On that page there’s an option to create a new account, which worked for me!
I highly suggest doing this! I just logged into mine and it says I am missing a repeated course form as well.

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 1.45.19 PM.png

I created an account without the email. Is this the page yall see your DVM application showing up?
There's nothing showing as of right now. Maybe haven't got processed yet?

View attachment 319750

I created an account without the email. Is this the page yall see your DVM application showing up?
There's nothing showing as of right now. Maybe haven't got processed yet?
I created an account with the email that I used on VMCAS. When I first created the account, I could select the 20-21 application under “your applications” and then I could see my checklist. So I would suggest creating another account with the email you used for VMCAS.

My portal doesn't show a "next steps" option either. :shrug:

I created an account with the email that I used on VMCAS. When I first created the account, I could select the 20-21 application under “your applications” and then I could see my checklist. So I would suggest creating another account with the email you used for VMCAS.

I did sign up with the email I used for VMCAS. I guess it's just more waiting!

My application was "sent to Admissions for processing" today!

I did sign up with the email I used for VMCAS. I guess it's just more waiting!
That’s so strange! But yeah maybe just wait for them to send you the link and it will work. I’m sure they’re just super busy right now and that’s why some people haven’t gotten the link yet.

Hey all! Has anyone heard anything yet on when interviews will be sent out?

Hey all! Has anyone heard anything yet on when interviews will be sent out?
I attended their WesternU Preview on 9/30 they will be sending out interview invitations throughout October however they were still figuring out how to set up online interviews. I'm glad I'm not the only one still waiting, I was getting really nervous haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I don't have a next steps yet so I'm assuming I haven't been looked at yet! Guess I'll just keep waiting :shrug:
Finally got the email that my app is being reviewed. I can relax a bit now lol

I submitted around first week of September, so I was definitely stressing about why I wasn’t seeing an update!
Got it. I received the same email you did about an hour ago. I submitted my application mid August

Finally got the email that my app is being reviewed. I can relax a bit now lol
Great you heard back! Was your application sent to committee review or sent to admissions for processing??