WesternU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't even received an email saying that my application was "sent to review." The only email I have received from them was the one to create my portal account. I just emailed them last night because I'm getting kind of worried that I haven't heard anything else.
I emailed them about 2 week ago for any details regarding my application standing and still haven’t heard back from them.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an email the other day for an interview invite! The interviews seem to be online and the dates they had to sign up for were shortly after getting the invite. Is this what others are experiencing as well?

Yes, this is exactly what happened to me. I got an interview invite today with a link to choose an interview day and time, and the only available day was for tomorrow morning! So I got super short notice, and I'm freaking out :scared: Wish me success!

In terms of interview timeline, the interview orientation packet I got said the following:
"Interviews will be conducted in the late Fall and may run into early Spring."

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, this is exactly what happened to me. I got an interview invite today with a link to choose an interview day and time, and the only available day was for tomorrow morning! So I got super short notice, and I'm freaking out :scared: Wish me success!

In terms of interview timeline, the interview orientation packet I got said the following:
"Interviews will be conducted in the late Fall and may run into early Spring."
Omg, best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them about 2 week ago for any details regarding my application standing and still haven’t heard back from them.
I emailed last week asking about my application and haven’t heard back either. At least we can take comfort in the fact there are several of us in the same boat whose applications haven’t even been sent to review yet. Fingers crossed we all hear something soon though!

Reactions: 2 users
When I log into the portal it says my application has been sent to admission for processing... The status has not changed for weeks. Is this the same for anyone else?

I haven't even received an email saying that my application was "sent to review." The only email I have received from them was the one to create my portal account. I just emailed them last night because I'm getting kind of worried that I haven't heard anything else.
Please let us know if they respond to you and if they do, what they say. I'm in the same boat and I'm getting worried.

Please let us know if they respond to you and if they do, what they say. I'm in the same boat and I'm getting worried.
I will definitely let you know if they respond back to me. A couple of others mentioned on here that they also sent them an email and have yet to hear anything back so we'll see.

I was beginning to lose hope, but I received an interview invite this morning!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats! Were the interview dates to choose from really soon like the others have said? Also before getting the interview invite, did you receive any emails after the one about creating your account for the portal to their website?

I received an interview invite this morning. When I tried to sign up for an interview slot, the only available one was in 3 hours. The other dates (tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday) were already full. When I tried signing up anyway, that slot filled as well, so I had no options. I contacted one of the admissions staff and they said they are working on adding new times, but they are typically with shorter notice (I'm hoping they meant a few days, not a few hours...), and that I should keep checking back.

• Wow
I received an interview invite this morning. When I tried to sign up for an interview slot, the only available one was in 3 hours. The other dates (tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday) were already full. When I tried signing up anyway, that slot filled as well, so I had no options. I contacted one of the admissions staff and they said they are working on adding new times, but they are typically with shorter notice (I'm hoping they meant a few days, not a few hours...), and that I should keep checking back.
3 hours!!! I’m gonna start preparing now even if I don’t get an invite

I got an interview invite this morning too!
I was able to sign up for one of the sessions on Sunday.

Question for those who have already zoom-interviewed at Western: How long was the actual interview portion? When I had interviewed in person last year, they had us do two 15 minutes sessions in two separate rooms. So I'm wondering how they've adjusted that for the zoom interviews.

Congrats! Were the interview dates to choose from really soon like the others have said? Also before getting the interview invite, did you receive any emails after the one about creating your account for the portal to their website?

Thank you!! Yes the interview dates are really soon after being invited. I was freaking out because the only dates left were for today and tomorrow. Luckily I refreshed the page to get a different date and time.

Before the invite, I received the email about creating an account and for committee review. I had some technical problems that I emailed them about, but I never heard back, so I thought it was all over for me /:

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you all submit your application? I still haven’t received the committee review email but I submitted my application a week before the deadline.

they’re doing zoom interviews instead of in person??

also, did you receive an interview after your portal updated to sent to committee review??

Yes they are on zoom now due to COVID.

My portal never updated to "sent to committee review" :shrug: But I did get the email that it was.
When did you all submit your application? I still haven’t received the committee review email but I submitted my application a week before the deadline.

I submitted my application in early August.

Is anyone having trouble with interview dates? I got invited to an interview but all the dates are taken!

Is anyone having trouble with interview dates? I got invited to an interview but all the dates are taken!
Same with me, I got my invite at 9am today but was only just now able to sit down to try to schedule. Hopefully they will add more but I might send them an email just in case!

I submitted my application at the end of July. Hopefully you'll hear something soon! :) It took me a month to receive confirmation that my application was submitted and another month for committee review. The waiting game was pretty rough!!

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted my application at the end of July. Hopefully you'll hear something soon! :) It took me a month to receive confirmation that my application was submitted and another month for committee review. The waiting game was pretty rough!!
Thank you. This makes me feel a lot better!

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you. This makes me feel a lot better!
Same! I was worried that I wasn't hearing about an interview yet, but I haven't even received the email that my application has been sent for committee review. Now I kind of have a better idea as to where my application is in the process :)

Does anyone know what the student Q&A before the interview entails? There aren’t many details listed about it!

Does anyone know what the student Q&A before the interview entails? There aren’t many details listed about it!

Hi! I actually just got done with the Q&A. It was basically a giant Zoom with a few current DVM students and then applicants. They introduced themselves and opened it up to questions. There were quite a few questions and they weren't all answered, but the current DVM students tried their best to get to the majority and answer a mix of them. They also provided us with their emails for anything that wasn't answered or if we had specific questions. Hope this helps!

Hi! I actually just got done with the Q&A. It was basically a giant Zoom with a few current DVM students and then applicants. They introduced themselves and opened it up to questions. There were quite a few questions and they weren't all answered, but the current DVM students tried their best to get to the majority and answer a mix of them. They also provided us with their emails for anything that wasn't answered or if we had specific questions. Hope this helps!
Thanks! I actually just was in that zoom as well! It was definitely helpful and put me a little at ease for the interview. The students were super nice.

Thanks! I actually just was in that zoom as well! It was definitely helpful and put me a little at ease for the interview. The students were super nice.

I was just in that zoom QandA as well!

Thanks! The interviewers were friendly which made me feel more relaxed! The interview was mostly behavior-based questions, so practicing those types of questions would be helpful.
Hi! I saw you were accepted to Western before (on a previous thread for c/o 2023) I was wondering (if it’s not to intrusive to ask) what happened was there a reason you turned it down then and reapplied now? Hope your interview went well!

Hi! I saw you were accepted to Western before (on a previous thread for c/o 2023) I was wondering (if it’s not to intrusive to ask) what happened was there a reason you turned it down then and reapplied now? Hope your interview went well!
I was accepted but needed to take a gap year for personal reasons, so I am applying again.

What was the structure of the interview? I have mine tomorrow and am so nervous!
they had a nice introduction and then two interviews of 15 mins with two people. 2 questions per interview. then the moderators talked a bit more and then left us applicants to chat about the interview process! don't be nervous they were super welcoming :)

I have an interview on Tuesday can anyone give insight or how their interview went? Last year I remember the interviews were more behavior based questions, but I am still nervous.

Is anyone who interviewed planning on reaching out to those who interviewed you and thanking them? Is that normal or expected?

I have an interview on Tuesday can anyone give insight or how their interview went? Last year I remember the interviews were more behavior based questions, but I am still nervous.
I just had my interview! They put you into 2 separate zoom meetings with the interviewers when it’s time and there are 2 15-minute interviews. Each interviewer asks a question that they expect you to draw answers from real life experiences. Very behavior based. There is a whole intro portion which does ease some nerves but I felt by the second interview I was more comfortable and probably gave better answers.
Is anyone who interviewed planning on reaching out to those who interviewed you and thanking them? Is that normal or expected?
I am wondering this too!! Someone mentioned also a Facebook group but I can’t find one.

I just had my interview! They put you into 2 separate zoom meetings with the interviewers when it’s time and there are 2 15-minute interviews. Each interviewer asks a question that they expect you to draw answers from real life experiences. Very behavior based. There is a whole intro portion which does ease some nerves but I felt by the second interview I was more comfortable and probably gave better answers.

I am wondering this too!! Someone mentioned also a Facebook group but I can’t find one.
How did you study for your interview? I am trying to look at behavior based questions online

they had a nice introduction and then two interviews of 15 mins with two people. 2 questions per interview. then the moderators talked a bit more and then left us applicants to chat about the interview process! don't be nervous they were super welcoming :)
do you know how long the total time you were on zoom was? it says an hour on the interview but the email says 2 hours

Just got an email about an info session??? Anyone else?

do you know how long the total time you were on zoom was? it says an hour on the interview but the email says 2 hours
My session was about 2 hours. We had a brief introduction/overview of interview process (~15min), 2-15min Interviews (with 5 mins break in between), and lastly about an hour info session about PBL and the curriculum

I got that email too! I haven’t received an interview invite yet, do you know if everyone gets this or if it’s a precursor to interviews?

I got that email too! I haven’t received an interview invite yet, do you know if everyone gets this or if it’s a precursor to interviews?
I got the same email. I think everyone gets it.

I'm pretty sure this goes to everyone because I got the email to my normal email as well as my school email (the email I used on my application).

I am thinking of going though so that I can ask what's going on with the interviews. I'm still under processing instead of under review so I'm getting really concerned. I think that its because I submitted my application in September but I want to ask just in case anything is going on.

Last edited:
I have not gotten either the info session or an interview invite email yet, so maybe it's not for everybody?

Hello. I also got the invite for the info session today, but haven't heard anything about an interview yet

How was the webinar today? Did they mention anything important?

Hey does anyone know what the dress code is for the student panel Q&A? Do we need to be professional like we did for our interview?

Hey does anyone know what the dress code is for the student panel Q&A? Do we need to be professional like we did for our interview?
It was mixed when I did my panel! I dressed business casual, but some students just had sweatshirts/t shirts on, so I don’t think it matters much. There were so many of us I highly doubt they saw what each of us was wearing even

Is there anyone else who still hasn’t heard anything yet? I’m starting to get nervous lol :laugh:

Is there anyone else who still hasn’t heard anything yet? I’m starting to get nervous lol :laugh:
I haven't.

I asked on the LiveChat if they are still reviewing applications and Alberto said yes so I don't think we should be worrying yet. I think they're going in the order received.

Last edited:
Hey all, I just got an email today from the admissions counselor that I'm missing a pre-req class and I have to send a follow-up email of an approved course that I am planning on taking sometime within the school year. So they are definitely still going through applications!

I figured they were still looking at applications, all the waiting is just driving me a bit crazy haha