-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WesternU c/o 2026
Started by nseig
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hopefully we’ll hear back next week!Thank you! goodluck to you too. Sucks that im still on the alternate list for 2025
First time venturing out of IS and trying my luck in different schools..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder how expensive will be to live in that area.
Last edited:
It really depends where you live (the town, apartment vs house) and if you live with other people. I have friends that pay around $500 a month up to over $1500 a month.I wonder how expensive will be to live in that area.
Submitted back in July, fingers crossed. I hope this is it 🙂
Anyone know when we can expect updates/ interview invites?
It’s takes them a bit to get back to youAnyone else having troubles with contacting the admissions? I’ve been trying to contact them for a missing requirement and they don’t answer calls, emails, etc. and the due date has passed and now I don’t know what to do.
It’s been a month now but hopefully they do get back to me soon. Thanks!It’s takes them a bit to get back to you
Oh email again that seems longIt’s been a month now but hopefully they do get back to me soon. Thanks!
I’ve called, emailed, left voicemails but still nothing 🙁Oh email again that seems long
I’ve called, emailed, left voicemails but still nothing 🙁
I would just keep a record of the times you've contacted them so you can refer to them in the future if needed. Not much else you can do unfortunately, hopefully they're just catching up on emails and will get back to you!
Thank you! 🙂I would just keep a record of the times you've contacted them so you can refer to them in the future if needed. Not much else you can do unfortunately, hopefully they're just catching up on emails and will get back to you!
Hello all! It’s nice to see this thread 🧵
I an hoping you all receive wonderful news this cycle! For reference, I am a second time applicant and submitted through VMCAS on July 9th. All I know is that my application was sent to committee to review, so I hope that helps someone. Anyone been sent to review yet?
I an hoping you all receive wonderful news this cycle! For reference, I am a second time applicant and submitted through VMCAS on July 9th. All I know is that my application was sent to committee to review, so I hope that helps someone. Anyone been sent to review yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine just says sent to admissions for processing 🙁Hello all! It’s nice to see this thread 🧵
I an hoping you all receive wonderful news this cycle! For reference, I am a second time applicant and submitted through VMCAS on July 9th. All I know is that my application was sent to committee to review, so I hope that helps someone. Anyone been sent to review yet?
Mine just says sent to admissions for processing 🙁
I'm also on "admissions for processing"! I don't think that's a bad thing, it's still super early and squirrelgirl submitted early July.
I think we should be hearing back soon! My app went to admissions on Sept. 9th!!
Last cycle they did interviews on a rolling basis based off of when you submitted your application. All the applications get sent to admissions for review, they just go in order of when you submitted. You should receive an email from them once your application has been sent for review.
Sent to committee for review! Hopefully interview invites start being sent soon 🙂
When did you submit your app?Sent to committee for review! Hopefully interview invites start being sent soon 🙂
When did you submit your app?
9/22 and I was already verified by then
I submitted (verified) 9/8 and mine says sent to admission for processing 🙁((( cry9/22 and I was already verified by then
I submitted (verified) 9/8 and mine says sent to admission for processing 🙁((( cry
There's still SO much time left in the cycle I really wouldn't worry about it yet!
Prevethopeful1
Full Member
Is it bad to have yours say sent to admissions for processing? People are posting like it's a negative, isn't it just a standard? 🙁There's still SO much time left in the cycle I really wouldn't worry about it yet!
Yes, this is totally standard 😄 I think people are just worried because no has heard back yet. That’s just my guess.Is it bad to have yours say sent to admissions for processing? People are posting like it's a negative, isn't it just a standard? 🙁
Wait like on your portal it says submitted? Or on VMCASMine says Submitted still...
I have 2 classes that are still pending but that shouldn't affect the process right?
I don't think they've sent any interview invites yetHas anyone received any updates regarding invitation invites for Western?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think they've sent any interview invites yet
I hope they start sending them out soon!
Looks like last year they started sending them towards the end of October, but with the deadline extension and the pandemic still happening who knows what this year's timeline will look like
mbotr
New Member
On my portal it says submitted. But I got an email today saying my application was sent to the committee for reviewWait like on your portal it says submitted? Or on VMCAS
When did you submit?On my portal it says submitted. But I got an email today saying my application was sent to the committee for review
If you click on the app and go to the detailed page, under the next steps it should give you more detailed info. Try to forget about all the school usually, Interviews don't roll out until late OCT early November, and for the school, without interviews, It will be silent until January. For now focus on enjoying your free time, after you get in you will have little of it.On my portal it says submitted. But I got an email today saying my application was sent to the committee for review
Nice!!! When did you finish applying ?I just got an interview invite!!!!
Nice!!! When did you finish applying ?
I submitted my VMCAS sometime in June and I applied to the school on the 10th of September
I just got an interview invite!!!!
Omg congrats!!! When are you scheduling it for? That's so exciting!
On your application status page, when was the last item on your checklist completed?I just got an interview invite!!!!
On your applicant status page, what is the latest date on your application checklist?Sent to committee for review! Hopefully interview invites start being sent soon 🙂
On your applicant status page, what is the latest date on your application checklist?
9/22
On your application status page, when was the last item on your checklist completed?
Oops, I got my dates confused. It was on 9/8
Ill-Pomegranate
New Member
Wow, congratulations!! Good luck on your interview 🙂 Mine still says "sent to admissions for processing", I can't stop being nervous arghhhh. I'm paranoid I filled out the app wrong or something...
Wow, congratulations!! Good luck on your interview 🙂 Mine still says "sent to admissions for processing", I can't stop being nervous arghhhh. I'm paranoid I filled out the app wrong or something...
You can always reach out to admissions to make sure they have everything! I'm sure they have an order they are going in. I believe they normally have many rounds of interviews so we've just gotta hang tight... so much easier said than done though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They emailed me about a "missing" course, which I had completed, about 10 days ago. I have been emailing & calling everyone I can with ZERO response to confirm that I have completed the course. Has anyone had luck getting thru to anyone there? If so, would you mind sharing info with me so I can get this resolved? If they're sending out interview invites to ppl who submitted in early September, I'm stressed bc I applied back in early August. :-( Any help is greatly appreciated!! Best of luck to all the other applicants!
Ugh I'm sorry that's so stressful!
Have you tried contacting your specific admissions counselor (Contact Us | Prospective Students And is the course completed and marked on your VMCAS?
Do you mean you were verified on the 10th of September?I submitted my VMCAS sometime in June and I applied to the school on the 10th of September
OK, I’m just trying to get an idea for a timeline. You applied to Western through VMCAS on Sept. 10th?No I was verified June 23rd
OK, I’m just trying to get an idea for a timeline. You applied to Western through VMCAS on Sept. 10th?
Yes