WesternU c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my interview invite!! I got a sent to committee email yesterday and an interview invite today :) best of luck to everybody!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I got an email today. Before today, my portal said "sent to admissions for processing" and now there is no status update but I was told that it was sent to committee review by my counselor.
Mine says the same and it seems like we got the same email.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says the same and it seems like we got the same email. Do you think we will still get a status update if that line is gone?
Not super sure what you mean. I no longer have anything on my portal about my status after receiving the email that it was sent to committee for review

Hi there, I wasn't able to pick a time slot immediately after I got the interview invitation due to work but now I'm trying to pick a time there are none available. Has anyone else gone through this? Do I just wait until there are more or did I just lose my chance to interview? I emailed the admissions counselor but I was just curious if this happened to anyone before? Thanks

Hi there, I wasn't able to pick a time slot immediately after I got the interview invitation due to work but now I'm trying to pick a time there are none available. Has anyone else gone through this? Do I just wait until there are more or did I just lose my chance to interview? I emailed the admissions counselor but I was just curious if this happened to anyone before? Thanks
Last year’s thread (or maybe the year before) had people saying this happened to them. They were essentially told that they’d be informed when a few more opened up!

Checked my portal today and got an interview invite! No email

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I got an interview!!!! This has been my dream Vet School as I don't want to leave California!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if admissions processes applications and sends out interview invites according to the order that applicants applied?? In other words, first come, first serve?
Yes! I spoke to a counselor there and she said it is a first come first serve basis!

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who just got an interview, when was your application sent for review?

For those of you who just got an interview, when was your application sent for review?
I don't have the email with the exact time but I received the email some time last week that it was sent for review and received an invitation for an interview about a week later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Notified that app was sent for review on Tuesday, offered interview either on Friday or Saturday. I didn’t get an email so idk if it was Friday afternoon but I checked my portal Saturday and it said interview at the top

I don’t see anything in my portal regarding a committee review or an interview link. Does that mean they haven’t gotten to my application yet ?

Hi Guys! Question for those who have gotten an interview, when you scheduled it, did we have to attend the Student Panel Q&A, or was it optional?

Hi, Aperk!! My application was sent to committee for review on 9/10 and I just had my interview this morning! How about you??

I don’t see anything in my portal regarding a committee review or an interview link. Does that mean they haven’t gotten to my application yet ?
Hi, Freddy! If you did not yet get an email stating that your application was sent to committee for review, then it must not have yet made it to admissions yet. When did you apply?

Hi, Aperk!! My application was sent to committee for review on 9/10 and I just had my interview this morning! How about you??
Hey! What time was your interview? I also had mine this morning :) It’s gonna be so hard to wait til March for decisions.

Hey! What time was your interview? I also had mine this morning :) It’s gonna be so hard to wait til March for decisions.
Hi!! My interview was at 10:25! How about you? :) We have to wait until March??I accidentally left the last 15-min interview and was unable to return to the main room! Hope that didn't hurt me.

Hi!! My interview was at 10:25! How about you? :) We have to wait until March??I accidentally left the last 15-min interview and was unable to return to the main room! Hope that didn't hurt me.
We were at the same time then :) It’s ok, they said we could leave right after the second one. They only had us rejoin just to tell us to leave hahaha

Reactions: 1 users
We were at the same time then :) It’s ok, they said we could leave right after the second one. They only had us rejoin just to tell us to leave hahaha
No way! ☺️ Wow, well I’m sure we saw each other at some point! I was very nervous but felt that I answered each question thoroughly, though I did feel like perhaps I talked too much, as I only had time to ask 2 questions at the end 😅 How was your experience?

Hi! I was sent for review 10/28. I guess I’m just freaking out because last year I was sent an interview invite a couple days after I was sent to committee for review lol. Hoping to hear from them soon but it has only been a little over a week.

Hi! I was sent for review 10/28. I guess I’m just freaking out because last year I was sent an interview invite a couple days after I was sent to committee for review lol. Hoping to hear from them soon but it has only been a little over a week.
I understand the anticipation for sure! We’re you waitlisted last year?

Hi, Freddy! If you did not yet get an email stating that your application was sent to committee for review, then it must not have yet made it to admissions yet. When did you apply?
I submitted VMCAS late August, and my "applicant status page" says that the CAS and three letters of recommendation have been received on September 1st. Does that mean they just haven't gotten to my application yet?

I submitted VMCAS late August, and my "applicant status page" says that the CAS and three letters of recommendation have been received on September 1st. Does that mean they just haven't gotten to my application yet?
I would reach out to your advisor to confirm your app has been sent to admissions for processing

Question! I applied very late to Western and wanted to know what to expect as far as communication prior to an interview. As of right now I've created an account and my status says my application has been sent to admissions for processing.

Question! I applied very late to Western and wanted to know what to expect as far as communication prior to an interview. As of right now I've created an account and my status says my application has been sent to admissions for processing.
I submitted my app about 1 hour before the 9/29 deadline and I’ve been hanging out in “sent to admissions for processing” ever since. Last year I know Western was pretty slow, so I would say no news is good news for now! But anyone please correct me if you have better insight!

My interview is tomorrow morning and still feeling nervous. Any tips you guys can share to help prepare?

• Love
My interview is tomorrow morning and still feeling nervous. Any tips you guys can share to help prepare?
I am right there with you! My interview is tomorrow morning as well. I am trying to just relax as much as possible, go over some questions that I found in the forums on this site, and just be yourself!

• Love
Yes!! I have ways you can prepare! I’d be happy to share my experience once I am off work and I can actually type 🙀 I will also send a link if possible questions for Western!

Hi! all you can do right now is to wait for them to communicate with you! They are processing applications by a first come first serve basis 😸 I hope this helps!

Yes!! I have ways you can prepare! I’d be happy to share my experience once I am off work and I can actually type 🙀 I will also send a link if possible questions for Western!

Hey @SquirrelGirl83 how was your experience?? I have my interview on Monday. I appreciate any feedback you can give 😊

whelp, apparently i didn't submit my repeated course form so that's a wanted app 🙃

Hey @SquirrelGirl83 how was your experience?? I have my interview on Monday. I appreciate any feedback you can give 😊
Oh, gosh, I am so sorry!!! 😫 I have been logged off for a few days and didn’t see this message until right now! I hope you were able to see my reply to another member, as I included a link to the possible behavioral questions that could have been asked! Did you take a peek?

How was your experience?? I felt mine was good but I was also very nervous and know that I looked nervous, but I felt that I answered each question thoroughly and thoughtfully 😅

Had my interview this past Thursday! I was a little thrown by the format but I think I did okay; waiting very impatiently to hear back haha

• Love
whelp, apparently i didn't submit my repeated course form so that's a wanted app 🙃
Hey! Have you tried to contact admissions about this? I don’t think the repeated course form is absolutely necessary for them to look at your application. It only indicates to them which courses you repeated so they can factor that into your gpa.

Does anyone know if admissions processes applications and sends out interview invites according to the order that applicants applied?? In other words, first come, first serve?
I feel like they wait and send out interviews in batches because I had to wait over a month for my interview even though all the other schools got back to me instantly.

• Love
I applied in September and did not get an interview from them until October, but the decision came out the next day
Hey podsurfer, are you saying that you found out if you got accepted or not the very next day??

Oh, gosh, I am so sorry!!! 😫 I have been logged off for a few days and didn’t see this message until right now! I hope you were able to see my reply to another member, as I included a link to the possible behavioral questions that could have been asked! Did you take a peek?

How was your experience?? I felt mine was good but I was also very nervous and know that I looked nervous, but I felt that I answered each question thoroughly and thoughtfully 😅
Thank you for responding. I’m sure you did great 😊. We are all super nervous so I’m sure it was nothing. Wish me luck for tomorrow!

• Love
Good luck to everyone. I had my interview last week and It was more casual than I thought it would be. It was a pleasant conversation and hoping I answered the questions well!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hello! I applied to western towards the end of the cycle. I had the notice said "sent to admissions for processing" now that has disappeared and now I have a red X and "awaiting, pending official transcript- my college" I submitted my official transcripts via VMCAS and then also submitted a pdf copy of my transcript as soon as I noticed the change. I also emailed admissions to ask about this confusion. Has anyone run into this issue or know what I should do? Is there another way they request transcripts? Thanks for the help.