-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WesternU c/o 2026
Started by nseig
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MaybeDrThai
Full Member
Dang!!! How are you guys getting these 🙁 hope they have more room for some more of usGot pulled off the waitlist today and will be accepting my seat!! There is hope!!!!
Beautifully said ☝🏻 That’s wisdomYeah, they seemed to fill up their class really quickly this year with very few people being taken off the waitlist. Since the pulling from the waitlist has been so slow, I pretty much have already accepted that I will be applying again this cycle and have already made plans to improve my application. If it makes anyone feel better though, the statistics (and I mean lol considering how few vet schools there are and how large of a number of applicants there are, it makes sense) show that most people don't get in their first cycle and have to apply multiple cycles to get in or even quit after their first. Rejection doesn't have to mean rejection; rejection can be redirection, an opportunity to do more, like exploring the veterinary career even more so that you 100% know what you want to do moving forward when you enter school or checking more off of your bucket list since you'll get really busy during vet school. Hope that this encourages some of you! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You did it!!!! 🙌🏻 The wait is over and a big congrats to you!! Come on western, keep yanking em off the list 😹Got pulled off the waitlist today and will be accepting my seat!! There is hope!!!!
Thank you so much!! Fingers crossed for you!!!!You did it!!!! 🙌🏻 The wait is over and a big congrats to you!! Come on western, keep yanking em off the list 😹
SamSam1333
New Member
Just got another “continued interest” email. Maybe they have more spots opened up?? Fingers crossed 🤞🏼
I was just about to say the same thing lolJust got another “continued interest” email. Maybe they have more spots opened up?? Fingers crossed 🤞🏼
This is our 3rd email for continued interest! 😕Just got another “continued interest” email. Maybe they have more spots opened up?? Fingers crossed 🤞🏼
That's true, but since then there have been 3 different instances where they sent out offers! Granted, they've been sent to very, very few people, but one can still hope!This is our 3rd email for continued interest! 😕
Yes, this year it seems like wayyyy less compared to other yearsThat's true, but since then there have been 3 different instances where they sent out offers! Granted, they've been sent to very, very few people, but one can still hope!
MaybeDrThai
Full Member
I heard some other schools no one even got off waitlist! Idk if anyone else noticed, but it seems they send it once a month on the 20th.
Hopefully next year is better!Yeah, for whatever reason, it seems like this year is super competitive. Apparently no one got off of the waitlist for UPenn.
Yeah, it’s really unfortunate 🙄 I haven’t noticed that trend but all I know is 3-4 people on this forum were pulled offI heard some other schools no one even got off waitlist! Idk if anyone else noticed, but it seems they send it once a month on the 20th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I know it's been awhile but just wanted to check in with all my fellow waitlistees and see how you guys are doing! I know it's been incredibly rough and stressful, especially with August soon approaching, plus maybe a whole ton of you are already working on this upcoming cycle, but y'all are amazing! Even though we get waitlisted, I think it's also important to remember that a majority of applicants didn't get waitlisted, so that should be an accomplishment in itself.
You are amazing for this beautiful post! Your words and kindness are so appreciated on this forum! It’s been very hard to accept that this could be our reality, but we must carry on for next cycle and hope for a better outcome. We are pretty darn amazing, I must say, and if we can just have a better application this cycle, I don’t doubt we will receive that acceptance ☺️ a majority didn’t get waitlisted? Wow! I wish we knew those stats 😌Hi guys! I know it's been awhile but just wanted to check in with all my fellow waitlistees and see how you guys are doing! I know it's been incredibly rough and stressful, especially with August soon approaching, plus maybe a whole ton of you are already working on this upcoming cycle, but y'all are amazing! Even though we get waitlisted, I think it's also important to remember that a majority of applicants didn't get waitlisted, so that should be an accomplishment in itself.
Are there any current vet students out there who can weigh in on the following….?
When being considered by admissions, is it favorable to work part-time and go to school or not work and go to school full-time? Trying to get an idea of how to approach my current situation. I am waitlisted and want to retake upper division courses to improve my GPA, but I work as a vet tech and don’t want to lose too many hours at my job.
Thank you!
When being considered by admissions, is it favorable to work part-time and go to school or not work and go to school full-time? Trying to get an idea of how to approach my current situation. I am waitlisted and want to retake upper division courses to improve my GPA, but I work as a vet tech and don’t want to lose too many hours at my job.
Thank you!
Hey, I saw that!! I think that means someone dropped? What do you think? It was from Tonisha Rowan this time and not Robin Johnson 🤔Just also wanted to say that there might still be hope for this cycle! I just got another continued interest email!
Last edited:
Oh that's so interesting! I actually didn't notice, but yeah, my email came from Michael Haverkamp. I guess there must've also been some shuffling around with the lead admissions counselor?Hey, I saw that!! I think that means someone dropped? What do you think? It was from Tonisha Rowan this time and not Robin Johnson 🤔
The first 3 times the letter of continued interest was from Robin Johnson and now it’s from our direct counselors!!! I hope that means something promising.Oh that's so interesting! I actually didn't notice, but yeah, my email came from Michael Haverkamp. I guess there must've also been some shuffling around with the lead admissions counselor?
Anyone else out in the SDN universe get another letter of continued interest?
I got the email yesterday from my designated counselor Tonisha RowanAnyone else out in the SDN universe get another letter of continued interest?
They might be sending out continued interest letters because orientation is next week. They told us that if we don't attend the full week of orientation, they take it as a sign that we are not interested and our spot will be given to an alternate!
Wow, orientation is a whole week? So, if an applicant is admitted a day before class begins, I’m assuming they will miss out entirely on the orientation? When does the white coat ceremony take place?
Typically all days are mandatory but if you don't show up Monday (which is the core deadline) you will lose your spot and they will contact someone from the alternative list. It's assumed if you show up Monday you'll be there the entire week. As for white coat it's that Saturday following orientation. It's always possible a seat opens up so you just have to be ready!Wow, orientation is a whole week? So, if an applicant is admitted a day before class begins, I’m assuming they will miss out entirely on the orientation? When does the white coat ceremony take place?
Thank you so much for the information,it’s often difficult to get in contact with our designated counselors, so I appreciate you! I live close by so I’d be able to begin if needed be, but would I be required to place a deposit and/or pay some type of tuition to be admitted that late, or will they give me a little time to gather my loan from financial aid? 😃Typically all days are mandatory but if you don't show up Monday (which is the core deadline) you will lose your spot and they will contact someone from the alternative list. It's assumed if you show up Monday you'll be there the entire week. As for white coat it's that Saturday following orientation. It's always possible a seat opens up so you just have to be ready!
I'm actually not sure how the process works, but I want to say you pay a deposit. Though tuition is technically due 8/1but late fees don't apply until 8/9. I'm pretty sure they are flexible.Thank you so much for the information,it’s often difficult to get in contact with our designated counselors, so I appreciate you! I live close by so I’d be able to begin if needed be, but would I be required to place a deposit and/or pay some type of tuition to be admitted that late, or will they give me a little time to gather my loan from financial aid? 😃
Hey everyone! Has anyone made a WesternU c/o 2027 forum yet? If not, I can make one for us.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MaybeDrThai
Full Member
I dont know of one yetHey everyone! Has anyone made a WesternU c/o 2027 forum yet? If not, I can make one for us.
Found it!
forums.studentdoctor.net
WesternU c/o 2027 Applicants
Hi everyone! I wanted to start a thread for the 2027 applicants at WesternU. First time applicant for WesternU and my application has been officially sent to the committee for review. Good luck to everyone!
Hello!Of accepted students, I was wondering if you could share your stats?