WesternU c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ugh I'm sorry that's so stressful!

Have you tried contacting your specific admissions counselor (Contact Us | Prospective Students And is the course completed and marked on your VMCAS?
Thanks :-( I have. I've emailed him (he emailed me about it being missing) three times, plus an email to each of the other counselors and admissions main address. I'm losing hope by the day that my application will be reviewed :-(

Thanks :-( I have. I've emailed him (he emailed me about it being missing) three times, plus an email to each of the other counselors and admissions main address. I'm losing hope by the day that my application will be reviewed :-(
Have you sent an updated transcript to the school since finishing the course? Either way I wouldn’t stress - it’s still super early in the cycle. Last cycle I had an issue with my AP credits not fulfilling a prerequisite so I had a “missing course” as well but my admissions counselor resolved it eventually and I got an interview invite in mid-late January. It’s only October now, there’s still plenty of time. They’re probably just swamped atm.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if admissions processes applications and sends out interview invites according to the order that applicants applied?? In other words, first come, first serve?

Last edited:
Have you sent an updated transcript to the school since finishing the course? Either way I wouldn’t stress - it’s still super early in the cycle. Last cycle I had an issue with my AP credits not fulfilling a prerequisite so I had a “missing course” as well but my admissions counselor resolved it eventually and I got an interview invite in mid-late January. It’s only October now, there’s still plenty of time. They’re probably just swamped atm.
All the courses were on my undergrad transcript that was verified as received. I completed them all several years ago so there was no updated transcript to send. Makes sense. Thanks for your info about interviewing in January - that does make me feel better!

Does anyone know if admissions processes applications and sends out interview invites according to the order that applicants applied?? In other words, first come, first serve?
I’m pretty sure last year they did it in order of when applications were received. Last year I submitted in early September, my application was sent for review in early December and then I got an interview invite a couple days later. Idk about this year since someone applied in September and has already been sent for review.

I just got an interview invite! I didn’t receive an email but it’s on my portal so everyone check it out!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I just got an interview invite! I didn’t receive an email but it’s on my portal so everyone check it out!
Congrats! Where did it say on your portal?

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
It was a very relaxed environment, so that calmed my nerves tremendously. Overall, I think it went well. Now for the waiting game.
I think we might've been in the same interview group! Was your interview at 3:40?

For all those who were interviewed, congrats!! Also, when did everyone apply to Western? 😄

One of my friends who currently attends Western University's vet school says that the admissions office sends out interview invites in "waves", not necessarily in order. He also told me that interview dates go all the way up till the middle of December and even later than that sometimes. For those who have not received interviews yet. There is still time!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
One of my friends who currently attends Western University's vet school says that the admissions office sends out interview invites in "waves", not necessarily in order. He also told me that interview dates go all the way up till the middle of December and even later than that sometimes. For those who have not received interviews yet. There is still time!

Thank you so much for sharing this! :)

• Love
It was a very relaxed environment, so that calmed my nerves tremendously. Overall, I think it went well. Now for the waiting game.
Did they tell you how long until the next stage? What is the next stage? (lol) Fingers crossed for you! :)

Did they tell you how long until the next stage? What is the next stage? (lol) Fingers crossed for you! :)

They said that they are looking to interview 400-500 applicants but because of the extension they had way more people apply then anticipated. So it might even be more than that… They are looking to be done by mid-December, but after all interviews are done then they will send out acceptances.

For those who have received interviews, how far away was the interview when you received the interview invitation VIA email? Just wondering so I can prepare myself. Thanks!

For those who have received interviews, how far away was the interview when you received the interview invitation VIA email? Just wondering so I can prepare myself. Thanks!
I scheduled my interview to be the last date they offered me and that was 11 days away from when my portal updated and 10 days away from when I received the email.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone's portal still say "Your application has been sent to Admissions for processing."?

I received an email this morning saying my application was sent to committee for review. I submitted September 1st.

Reactions: 2 users
Any tips from those who have already interviewed?

• Love
I received an email this morning saying my application was sent to committee for review. I submitted September 1st.
I received the same email today. I submitted vmcas on 8/31 and on my western portal it says they received it on 9/15

I received the same email today. I submitted vmcas on 8/31 and on my western portal it says they received it on 9/15
Yeah we have about the same timeline

Anyone who applied in July that is still awaiting an interview invite? 😢

Anyone who applied in July that is still awaiting an interview invite? 😢
This is my timeline:
7/28 submitted
7/29 verified
10/6 app sent to review
and nothing yet! I was researching on last year’s threads and some people got an interview invite around a month after that review email. Some people didn’t get invites until February. Unsure if rejections go out at the same time as acceptances but last year I was rejected at the beginning of October so I’m good with this for now. Hoping for good news for both of us this cycle :)

• Love
This is my timeline:
7/28 submitted
7/29 verified
10/6 app sent to review
and nothing yet! I was researching on last year’s threads and some people got an interview invite around a month after that review email. Some people didn’t get invites until February. Unsure if rejections go out at the same time as acceptances but last year I was rejected at the beginning of October so I’m good with this for now. Hoping for good news for both of us this cycle :)
Thank you for your timeline and it is really great to meet you 😄 I am hoping for the same, and that no news is good news 🙂 I applied to Western last year and got rejected in March!

I got an interview invite today! 😊😅
I can hardly believe it!! I did not get an email but I did get a notification on my portal, so check it daily, my people! 👆🏻

Here are the deets:
Applied: 7/9
Sent to Committee: 9/10
Interview invite through portal: 10/30

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I got an interview invite today! 😊😅
I can hardly believe it!! I did not get an email but I did get a notification on my portal, so check it daily, my people! 👆🏻

Here are the deets:
Applied: 7/9
Sent to Committee: 9/10
Interview invite through portal: 10/30
congrats!! Best of luck! 😊 I checked my portal on my phone and still nothing yet 😣 I’m assuming it would say on top if I was offered an interview. When the rejection came last cycle, did they send an email? my friend who applied last cycle said they just never reached out to her. no rejection email, just ghosted her lol

• Love
congrats!! Best of luck! 😊 I checked my portal on my phone and still nothing yet 😣 I’m assuming it would say on top if I was offered an interview. When the rejection came last cycle, did they send an email? my friend who applied last cycle said they just never reached out to her. no rejection email, just ghosted her lol
Thank you so much, b225! 🤗 I applied super early so keep checking, you may be surprised!! Yes, last year when I applied to Western, I received a rejection letter in March, through the same portal. I’m sorry to hear about your friend!! 😨 I did not receive an email to indicate that I had an interview this year, so I would rely on that portal 😄

I got an interview invite 😭❤️

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hi! I submitted 9/15. I haven’t been sent to review yet but I applied last year. I did have to do the Repeated Coursework form around so that may have also delayed my application.
Sent to review 10/13
Interview invite 11/9
Interview 11/15
I was rejected last year and not too hopefully this year since my application hasn’t been sent to committee but everyone’s timelines seem to be later this year… so we’ll see!
Happy Halloween y’all! 🎃👻

• Love
I have been calling and emailing Tonisha about my missing course syllabus, which I submitted back in September and still are shown as "missing items" on my portal. She is not responding.

I have been calling and emailing Tonisha about my missing course syllabus, which I submitted back in September and still are shown as "missing items" on my portal. She is not responding.

In the same boat. They are asking for course syllabi for courses that I no longer have access to and are not even prerequisites. I don’t understand why they are even needed…

Finally sent to committee for review!

Anyone else having a hard time getting in contact with their admissions counselor? I have emails and called mine but she is impossible to reach... Doesn't reply to emails or phone messages

Where can you check that?
I got an email today. Before today, my portal said "sent to admissions for processing" and now there is no status update but I was told that it was sent to committee review by my counselor.

I got an email today. Before today, my portal said "sent to admissions for processing" and now there is no status update but I was told that it was sent to committee review by my counselor.
By portal, do you mean your prospective student portal for Western ?