That sounds like a great way to boost your next application! I'm thinking of trying to find a job in a lab since I have no experience outside of classes on that front. 😅 And it seems like having lab experience makes people stand out as applicants since most people don't have that.
I hope so as well! Either way, I guess I'm going to follow through with my back up plan (which is if I wasn't able to get off the waitlist). What are your guys' plans? I'm hoping to get a master's and retake some classes since my GPA seems to be a big issue for my app while continuing to work and maybe adding in some more shelter medicine experience to round out my experiences with exotics and companion animals.
I have an MLAS (Master in Lab Animal Science) and I currently work with monkeys. It’s the best job I’ve ever had tbh. Working in research means you’ll have to develop so many different skills that I never though I would have.