WesternU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On a side note, whether OOS or IS doesn’t affect when your application gets reviewed or whether you get an interview. WesternU is a private school so they don’t really differentiate between OOS and IS.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been told by members here and one of my pre vet advisors (who is also a vet) that we likely won't hear back until March unfortunately :(

It looks like from last year decisions weren't released until early March, which is realllly stressful because another school I applied to requires a decision March 15th because they start in July... but Western is my IS ;_; it's so much time to wait.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
still waiting for an interview

It looks like from last year decisions weren't released until early March, which is realllly stressful because another school I applied to requires a decision March 15th because they start in July... but Western is my IS ;_; it's so much time to wait.
I wish they did it sooner. Western is my IS and top school :(

Does anyone know if Western takes Fall grades into consideration? I’m trying to avoid it but I may get a B in genetics (ended up with a professor I wasn’t supposed to have teaching a last minute online class and nobody’s doing good in the class). I’ll most likely have an A in Ochem, anatomy and my science prerequisites though.

Does anyone know if Western takes Fall grades into consideration? I’m trying to avoid it but I may get a B in genetics (ended up with a professor I wasn’t supposed to have teaching a last minute online class and nobody’s doing good in the class). I’ll most likely have an A in Ochem, anatomy and my science prerequisites though.
I think they might, I have a slot in my application portal to send transcripts.

I’m currently in Physics and our professor just got replaced last week. We had 2 weeks without instruction before the department realized and now I’m worried that I’ll be stuck with a B because this new professor is tough 🥴

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they might, I have a slot in my application portal to send transcripts.

I’m currently in Physics and our professor just got replaced last week. We had 2 weeks without instruction before the department realized and now I’m worried that I’ll be stuck with a B because this new professor is tough 🥴
I seriously hope not. On the admissions page it just says "Although your application may move forward in the admissions process while the item is pending, we will ultimately require an official transcript showing the course grade after course completion and before matriculation" so I'm assuming they just want to see it completed for the requirements? Because I got into Midwestern and they still need transcripts for the same reasons

I seriously hope not. On the admissions page it just says "Although your application may move forward in the admissions process while the item is pending, we will ultimately require an official transcript showing the course grade after course completion and before matriculation" so I'm assuming they just want to see it completed for the requirements? Because I got into Midwestern and they still need transcripts for the same reasons
Yeah I think it's very similar to undergrad universities in that these universities still care about your final semester of senior grades and still want to see your transcript because if your grade drops a whole lot, then they might choose to reject you in the end. At least this is the way I see it.

Yeah I think it's very similar to undergrad universities in that these universities still care about your final semester of senior grades and still want to see your transcript because if your grade drops a whole lot, then they might choose to reject you in the end. At least this is the way I see it.
Hopefully not. Based on what I've been told it seems like they mainly care whether you pass or not

Hopefully not. Based on what I've been told it seems like they mainly care whether you pass or not
Lol sorry it probably was unclear, but that’s essentially what I meant. Like when I was a high school senior we were told that an A, B, or even a C in most cases wouldn’t impact our acceptance to an undergrad program, but a D or F would. I’m assuming it’s the same for vet schools in this sense?

Lol sorry it probably was unclear, but that’s essentially what I meant. Like when I was a high school senior we were told that an A, B, or even a C in most cases wouldn’t impact our acceptance to an undergrad program, but a D or F would. I’m assuming it’s the same for vet schools in this sense?
Ohhh I see! Yeah my bad I'm just paranoid o_O I kinda gave up on contacting them about questions lol. Thank you so much!!!

I got an email on Monday saying my application was still being considered i don’t know if anyone else got that!

Just received an interview invite about 10 minutes ago!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
OOS INTERVIEW INVITE!! I can't even believe I'm saying that. This is my third application cycle and I was beginning to lose hope that I would get any interview invites at all

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
OOS interview invite! Second time applicant, first interview!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Interview invite as well!! 3rd time applicant, 2nd time applying to western!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
I hope I’m in the next wave of interview invites!!🤞getting nervous 😬

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just wanna say congratulations to everyone who’s been granted an interview!!! 🎉🤞 it’s hard to get to that point so y’all should be so proud of yourselves! Last year when I was interviewed (and ultimately waitlisted) I knew I was on the right path even though I wasn’t accepted. I’m a 3rd-time applicant and I’ll just keep doing this until they finally accept me 😄 I’m going to do an MS program in the mean time and reapply next cycle. There’s always opportunities to get better the following cycle. Never give up! ☝🏻 I hope everyone has an amazing holiday!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just wanna say congratulations to everyone who’s been granted an interview!!! 🎉🤞 it’s hard to get to that point so y’all should be so proud of yourselves! Last year when I was interviewed (and ultimately waitlisted) I knew I was on the right path even though I wasn’t accepted. I’m a 3rd-time applicant and I’ll just keep doing this until they finally accept me 😄 I’m going to do an MS program in the mean time and reapply next cycle. There’s always opportunities to get better the following cycle. Never give up! ☝🏻 I hope everyone has an amazing holiday!
Hey, I’m sorry to hear that you were waitlisted last year. Do you mind me asking if they told you why? I hope you are accepted this cycle!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Hey, I’m sorry to hear that you were waitlisted last year. Do you mind me asking if they told you why? I hope you are accepted this cycle!
They did not give me a reason as to why I was waitlisted unfortunately. Thank you, I hope so too!

• Care
I think they usually send rejections after the first of the year sometime

Haven't heard anything yet.
Anyone get a rejection?
I haven't heard anything from them either since my application was sent to committee for review. I was looking at last year's forum and invites were sent through the end of January, so there's still time in the cycle to hear back!!!!

I attended the preview day last week and asked Robin how decisions are organized, she explained that all decisions are sent out at the same time after the interviews are done.. and estimated that it would be around February.

Reactions: 3 users
I attended the preview day last week and asked Robin how decisions are organized, she explained that all decisions are sent out at the same time after the interviews are done.. and estimated that it would be around February.

thank you for sharing

Does anyone know when they stop doing interviews? Getting nervous as now the portal says they are on holiday break until January 3rd and i haven't heard anything since they told me my application was in review....

• Care
If our school uses clearinghouse for transcripts, where do we send our fall transcripts too? Is it the registrars office or admissions?

If our school uses clearinghouse for transcripts, where do we send our fall transcripts too? Is it the registrars office or admissions?
I uploaded mine to the portal

I have a quick question. I check my portal and do not see the Fall transcript requirement. Do you guys receive anything from admission to ask you uploading the transcript?

Do you think they'll care if I don't have an associates from a community college I've attended but will have my bachelors? I took some classes at a local community college and when I submitted my advisor told me I had enough transfer and residency credits to get an AS, so I put it on my VMCAS. However, I found out recently I didn't mean the criteria. I'm debating on taking classes in the winter session to get it in Spring, but do you all think it'll make a difference? I've interviewed and will have my bachelors with all prereqs complete by June.

Do you think they'll care if I don't have an associates from a community college I've attended but will have my bachelors? I took some classes at a local community college and when I submitted my advisor told me I had enough transfer and residency credits to get an AS, so I put it on my VMCAS. However, I found out recently I didn't mean the criteria. I'm debating on taking classes in the winter session to get it in Spring, but do you all think it'll make a difference? I've interviewed and will have my bachelors with all prereqs complete by June.
I did something similar but I got my bachelors in criminals justice/psychology first then went back for my associates in biology. It shouldn’t matter as long as you did well in those classes!! I was offered an interview on 12/11

I did something similar but I got my bachelors in criminals justice/psychology first then went back for my associates in biology. It shouldn’t matter as long as you did well in those classes!! I was offered an interview on 12/11
Thank you that makes me feel better! I figured a bachelors would supersede it, I just didn’t know if they’d be weird about it being put down. Thank you!

Thank you that makes me feel better! I figured a bachelors would supersede it, I just didn’t know if they’d be weird about it being put down. Thank you!
Hello! Current second year!
I would not worry about it :) here is my background: OSU 2 yrs, Sam Huston for 1 semester, did 4-5 classes at a community college and finished my bachelor's at CCP. They don't care where you get it as long as you have the credits in the classes they want :)

Hello! Current second year!
I would not worry about it :) here is my background: OSU 2 yrs, Sam Huston for 1 semester, did 4-5 classes at a community college and finished my bachelor's at CCP. They don't care where you get it as long as you have the credits in the classes they want :)
Awesome, thank you so much!!! I’ll have all of my prerequisites done by May of 2023. So I shouldn’t worry about completing the AS by May?

Awesome, thank you so much!!! I’ll have all of my prerequisites done by May of 2023. So I shouldn’t worry about completing the AS by May?
As long as you have all required classes that should be good. You always give them a call but I know contacting them is next to impossible 😅 unfortunately that's an issue they've had for the past 4 years

As long as you have all required classes that should be good. You always give them a call but I know contacting them is next to impossible 😅 unfortunately that's an issue they've had for the past 4 years
I've got all the prerequsites done and I'll only have a few left in Spring and I've gotten A's in all courses aside from 2 GE classes I got B's in from the start of my degree. And I'll definitely try reaching out to them but not sure if I'll get a response 😅