WesternU MSMS 2021/2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After verification how long did it take your applications to be received by western u? Mine's been verified for over a day but Julie at Western U said she still hasn't received it. I called PostBacCas and they said after verification western u should be able to access the application immediately. All my letters of recs and necessary documents have been uploaded and processed too.
I called PostBacCas this morning because I'm still waiting for my app to get verified, but they told me that Western has access to your application as soon as you start one. So I'm not really sure.

Members don't see this ad.

After verification how long did it take your applications to be received by western u? Mine's been verified for over a day but Julie at Western U said she still hasn't received it. I called PostBacCas and they said after verification western u should be able to access the application immediately. All my letters of recs and necessary documents have been uploaded and processed too.
Honestly, I thought that when your application is verified that it would be "Received" and the school should have access to it. I would not be worried if your application says "verified" you should be good.

Reactions: 1 user
Same thing happened to my application for a different school. PostBacCAS showed “Verified” within a day but that school claims they never received it and can’t see my application. They’ve been going back and forth with PostBacCAS for over a month now. And I can’t reapply via school’s website because all my letters of Rec are attached to PostBacCAS. It’s a mess

Members don't see this ad :)
Same thing happened to my application for a different school. PostBacCAS showed “Verified” within a day but that school claims they never received it and can’t see my application. They’ve been going back and forth with PostBacCAS for over a month now. And I can’t reapply via school’s website because all my letters of Rec are attached to PostBacCAS. It’s a mess
I already emailed Julie and told her I spoke with PostBacCas, they told me to have her contact them which I also did. Hopefully they figure this out cause I don't know what else to do.

I already emailed Julie and told her I spoke with PostBacCas, they told me to have her contact them which I also did. Hopefully they figure this out cause I don't know what else to do.
Yeah, it’s pretty weird. But if it’s happening at multiple schools, I don’t know what to think. Maybe it is PostBacCAS problem

Attachments

• CF938498-682C-46E6-866A-534C0AABF3EF.jpeg
    CF938498-682C-46E6-866A-534C0AABF3EF.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 105
Does anyone know MSMS’s actual class schedule? With their start dates and daily classes?
I keep hearing that ISAC starts in June

hi, im a current student. During ISAC class is M-F 8-5. Isac begins the beginning of June

hi, im a current student. During ISAC class is M-F 8-5. Isac begins the beginning of June
Thank you for your response! Is there a lab component during Isac? Is it also every day?

And if it’s okay for us to ask you, what should we expect during our interviews? How do we need to prepare?

I applied the first week of December and haven’t heard anything. Emailed Julie about apps and she said that they are processing applications now and that we will get an update shortly. That was earlier this week

Y
Thank you for your response! Is there a lab component during Isac? Is it also every day?

And if it’s okay for us to ask you, what should we expect during our interviews? How do we need to prepare?
yes, it is every day, M-F. yes there is lab and lecture daily along with daily quizzes. I would be prepared to answer why you want to attend msms, and why western. Also, they are very diversity focused so your story matters a lot. This program will not help your gpa (unless you're an anomaly) so keep that in mind if you are looking to boost gpa.

Y

yes, it is every day, M-F. yes there is lab and lecture daily along with daily quizzes. I would be prepared to answer why you want to attend msms, and why western. Also, they are very diversity focused so your story matters a lot. This program will not help your gpa (unless you're an anomaly) so keep that in mind if you are looking to boost gpa.
Thank you!
i was told that your previous GPA doesn’t matter once you’re in the program as long as you do well in the MSMS. Is that true?

I got mine within 1-2 weeks.

Hey everyone! Just got my interview a day or so ago. I believe my interview date is April 9th so I am in the first batch of interviews. Best of luck!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Just got my interview a day or so ago. I believe my interview date is April 9th so I am in the first batch of interviews. Best of luck!
Congrats! Are you pre-dental? (Judging by your name here 😂)

Are we supposed to send in our transcripts separately to Western U? Or is just sending transcripts to PostBacCas enough?

Are we supposed to send in our transcripts separately to Western U? Or is just sending transcripts to PostBacCas enough?
Everything needs to be done through PostBacCAS

I sent in my postbaccas app to western 2/9, got verified 2/16? got an email from western saying my app was received and to make an account on 2/16, a follow-up email was sent on 2/17 from western saying I was missing my 3rd LOR. my 3rd LOR was submitted to postbaccas 2/28 and it was reflected on the western U account by 3/05. got an email 3/08 saying that my app was under committee review

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Thank you!
i was told that your previous GPA doesn’t matter once you’re in the program as long as you do well in the MSMS. Is that true?
in a sense yes. if you are planning to apply to westerns DO or Dental program, there are certain metrics that have to be met. If you are applying to other schools as well, then you need to conscientious of your gpa

in a sense yes. if you are planning to apply to westerns DO or Dental program, there are certain metrics that have to be met. If you are applying to other schools as well, then you need to conscientious of your gpa
Yes, I’m planning to stay at Western for medical school.

If I remember correctly, during one of the info sessions it was mentioned that MSMS students dont have to retake the MCAT either (even if it’s below 500). Is it true? Do you know any of your classmates that had to retake the test?

Hey guys, I submitted my application on Friday and my last LOR was submitted today (Sunday), do you think I will be verified in time? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey guys, I submitted my application on Friday and my last LOR was submitted today (Sunday), do you think I will be verified in time? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Usually PostBacCAS verifies everything within a day. You should be ok:)
Good luck to you too!

Do you remember what date your application was submitted? Also congrats on the interview!

I submitted my app the 11th and got a confirmation the same day.... and today I received an email saying my application is being reviewed by the committee 😥 Don't be nervous... there's also a possibility they might extend the deadline for the application as they did that last year. Either way verification might not take long and you might even get the email at night.

Yes, I’m planning to stay at Western for medical school.

If I remember correctly, during one of the info sessions it was mentioned that MSMS students dont have to retake the MCAT either (even if it’s below 500). Is it true? Do you know any of your classmates that had to retake the test?
as far as I know, no one retook the mcat to improve their score

• Care
I submitted my app the 11th and got a confirmation the same day.... and today I received an email saying my application is being reviewed by the committee 😥 Don't be nervous... there's also a possibility they might extend the deadline for the application as they did that last year. Either way verification might not take long and you might even get the email at night.
Thank you for your supportive message! I actually got verified on the 15th and westernU received the application in time. Best of luck!!!

do you guys think classes will be online this cycle?
According to their recruiter, they are hoping to have labs in person and keep lectures online by next fall. They are also planning to give Covid 19 vaccines to all students.

Just got an interview invite today! Not sure if I still want to do the program. Does anyone know anything about their summer anatomy class and when it starts?

• Love
Just got an interview invite today! Not sure if I still want to do the program. Does anyone know anything about their summer anatomy class and when it starts?
Congrats! And it starts in the beginning of June.

Do you mind me asking why you’re not sure? And what day is your interview?

Do you mind me asking why you’re not sure? And what day is your interview?
I have not signed up for a day yet, but why I'm unsure is because I do want to work and make some money this summer before I start since I know for sure I'll be surviving off loans during the program.

congrats on your interview! when did you submit your app?

I submitted 3/12, has anyone who submitted around this day gotten an interview yet?

At this point, I am just certain that they have rejected me.
NoOoOoO, you are still in this. They definitely not going by rolling admissions if you submitted that early so you still got a shot

Last edited:
To make you feel better, I applied in early December last year. I still have not heard anything yet.
Why don’t you reach out to them to make sure they got your application?

Hey guys, I got the email that my application was sent to the graduate college of biomedical sciences admissions committee. Just wondering if you guys also got this email. Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys, I got the email that my application was sent to the graduate college of biomedical sciences admissions committee. Just wondering if you guys also got this email. Thanks in advance :)
I also got that email too! Wish you best of luck and hope you get an interview!

I wonder how fast we are going to hear back after our interviews. Within a week?

I wonder how fast we are going to hear back after our interviews. Within a week?

Hi! Did you hear back for interviews? Would you be able to share when you submitted your app :) ?