WesternU MSMS 2021/2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! Did you hear back for interviews? Would you be able to share when you submitted your app :) ?
Hello:) I submitted my app in December and got an II about a month ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know any info on the linkage agreement with the DO class? Or even minimum MCAT score needed to maltriculate

Does anyone know any info on the linkage agreement with the DO class? Or even minimum MCAT score needed to maltriculate
I tried asking the previous cohort but no one is giving a definitive answer:/ I think if you’re accepted to MSMS, lowkey you’re good for their COMP, you just need to do well in the program

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! First time posting in this thread. For anyone that did their interviews on 4/9, any tips?? Mine is on the 16th, and I'm a little nervous and trying to get insight on what to expect.

How was th interview? Mine is the 16th
It was very relaxed but LONG. Prepare to sit for at least 2.5 hours.
I was interviewed by 2 people (professor and a medical student). Questions were pretty standard, nothing tricky. Just be honest and be prepared for Zoom to glitch and throw you out mid sentence (happened twice).
Don’t forget to have a glass of water nearby too (there are no bathroom breaks either)

Reactions: 3 users
It was very relaxed but LONG. Prepare to sit for at least 2.5 hours.
I was interviewed by 2 people (professor and a medical student). Questions were pretty standard, nothing tricky. Just be honest and be prepared for Zoom to glitch and throw you out mid sentence (happened twice).
Don’t forget to have a glass of water nearby too (there are no bathroom breaks either)
Awesome! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys!! I have interview tmw, and I am very nervous, do you guys have any tips?

Hey Y’all

Started a group me so we can connect and share tips while we wait to hear back. You're invited to my new group 'Western MSMS Application Cycle 21-22' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

I tried asking the previous cohort but no one is giving a definitive answer:/ I think if you’re accepted to MSMS, lowkey you’re good for their COMP, you just need to do well in the program
Hello, I am a current MSMS student and just wanted to CLEARLY state that there is NO linkage. Also, if you are looking for academic enhancement this program does not serve that purpose. It is meant to prepare you for professional school and its rigorous curriculum reflects this.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello, I am a current MSMS student and just wanted to CLEARLY state that there is NO linkage. Also, if you are looking for academic enhancement this program does not serve that purpose. It is meant to prepare you for professional school and its rigorous curriculum reflects this.
I did hear there's no linkage, but it seemed like most MSMS students get accepted to their professional school at WesternU. Is that a misconception on my part? Can you provide any personal insight on that based on your experience in the program? I really wanted to go for this master's because it was listed as academic enhancement, and more than anything I wanted to bolster my application to med school because my application as it was wasn't competitive enough. Do you feel like I'm the general demographic of the students that apply to this program? Is there anything that you wish you knew prior to applying to MSMS or feel that it's important for us to know? I apologize in advance for the flurry of questions, but it was sort of hard to unload all of this on the MSMS students during the interview/ Q&A session.

Hey guys a created a Facebook group to meet our new cohort. Feel free to join, I’ll be accepting everyone and I am also inviting current MSMS students so they can mentor us!
Super excited to meet you all !

I did hear there's no linkage, but it seemed like most MSMS students get accepted to their professional school at WesternU. Is that a misconception on my part? Can you provide any personal insight on that based on your experience in the program? I really wanted to go for this master's because it was listed as academic enhancement, and more than anything I wanted to bolster my application to med school because my application as it was wasn't competitive enough. Do you feel like I'm the general demographic of the students that apply to this program? Is there anything that you wish you knew prior to applying to MSMS or feel that it's important for us to know? I apologize in advance for the flurry of questions, but it was sort of hard to unload all of this on the MSMS students during the interview/ Q&A session.
Former student here. They do what most schools are transitioning to- unofficial linkage. A couple of years ago the requirements were a 3.0 GPA in the program and 495 mcat to matriculate to the medical school.
They don't like guaranteeing admission formally because this way they can choose to not admit you for any reason they choose. The way it was explained to me: this is a year-long interview and the spot in medical school is yours to lose.

Reactions: 1 users
I accepted as alternated admission! Is it like a waitlist?

Has anyone heard back about the interview for the 30th?

Has everyone who interviewed heard back already? I interviewed on the 9th and still haven't heard anything

I accepted as alternated admission! Is it like a waitlist?
I just declined my acceptance for another MSMS program, so I really hope you get my spot! or anyone else who can benefit from this amazing school!

For anyone wondering about why I rejected y'all can PM me for details, but gist of it was that it's not an academic enhancement program, I need to retake my MCAT, and am looking for an MD pathway. But I do agree w user who mentioned earlier that acceptance into WesternU's MSMS serves like a yearlong interview (no linkage) for their exceptional DO school as they mentioned it both in their Preview Day and Interview Day info sessions.

I want to give my stats and application story for any future applicants who may come across this thread:
- ug cGPA: 3.5, sGPA: 3.4, MCAT 503, 3 summer research internships @ diff med school's, variety of clinical/non-clinical volunteering, 100 hrs shadowing, worked on-campus for undergrad
- Deadline for this school was 3/15 and was on rolling-admissions, but I submitted on 3/12 and was verified 3/15. So yesss i was on the brink of calling it quits (IS NOT OVER TILL ITS OVER)
- I agree with what students and faculty from MSMS Preview Day (4/15/21) said: submitting early on in the app process is safer, but you don't want to submit early without having a well-rounded app that you don't feel 1000% confident in. So if that means shadowing/volunteering/research etc. a few months more before the deadline, you can do it. I believe my app was well-rounded as is, but what I was missing was LOR's. Obviously those didn't come in until close to 3/12, but I made sure to ask people that knew me thoroughly and polished my essays on a daily basis w for few weeks with a friend until I was content with my app. So either have a great app close to opening day, or stand out later in app process w/ letters, experiences, your story through the essay
- Interview: we not allowed to discuss dis lol. but be yourself, if you say your story from the heart and what was not covered in the app and are sincere w your intentions, then the interview will go by smoothly and it'll feel like a conversation and less of an interrogation. they aren't there to bash you, they really are there to get to know you and for YOU to get to know their program so take advantage of asking q's of how they fit your goals

I'm rooting and hoping y'all reach your goals as future healthcare providers:)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
has anyone from the waitlist heard a response after being put on the waitlist yet? feeling really anxious as this is my top choice program!

has anyone from the waitlist heard a response after being put on the waitlist yet? feeling really anxious as this is my top choice program!
On the waitlist too and haven’t heard anything yet. I’m feeling the same way. So hard not to think about it, it’s my #1 choice as well. I hope we can both get a spot in the program soon :)

Accepted! ❤️❤️❤️

I apologize in advance for bumping this thread, but it was the only one I could find...

Can someone currently in the program or someone that formerly attended this program kindly PM me!

Thx