WesternU MSMS Fall 2012/2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Called today and left message. No answer yet

Members don't see this ad.

I called last week and was told that the letters were already mailed out and should get them in 1-2 weeks. I would hope something back this week, but you never know. We are getting closer to the start date for classes. EEK!!

Email acceptance this morning @ 10am. Good luck Everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Email acceptance this morning @ 10am. Good luck Everyone.

congratulations!
anyone else get acceptances? or has anyone else gotten rejections? do we hear rejections by email?

Couple of weeks ago, I got my rejection letter in the mail.

They don't make linkage decision till like December. My interview was the first interview of April.

They don't make linkage decision till like December. My interview was the first interview of April.

Oh that's what they said? So no incoming student is gonna have linkage status until like December. I wonder how that will work. I heard they have to get at least 3.0 and pass the classes in order to get linkage. But I also heard most students failed ISAC and had to retake. Is this program worth it if someone ends up not getting linked?

I called last week and was told that the letters were already mailed out and should get them in 1-2 weeks. I would hope something back this week, but you never know. We are getting closer to the start date for classes. EEK!!

Are everyones' letters supposed to have gone out last week? I attempted to contact three different people about it and nobody ever responded.

Are everyones' letters supposed to have gone out last week? I attempted to contact three different people about it and nobody ever responded.

Who did you ask? did you call or email? Maybe ask Cameron, the data entry lady in the EDS office. I can't believe I was so anxious that I could not sleep at all the other night.

I gave up my seat. Hopefully one of you guys will be getting a call soon :)

Members don't see this ad :)
This may or may not help those of you waiting for a final decision. I was on pre-interview hold since basically when the applications were first opened up and finally received a formal rejection today by mail.

Last edited:

I talked to Jodi, Julie, and Elaine. They wouldn't tell me my status but said they sent out the letters "last week". I got my non accept mail in a week after talking to them.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using SDN Mobile

I just called as well, no one answered but I'm emailing them today too. I guess we have to wait till next Monday. When did you guys have your interview? Mine was 4/25

edit: They're busy with commencement! So nothing till after this Friday it seems

Last edited:
I just called as well, no one answered but I'm emailing them today too. I guess we have to wait till next Monday. When did you guys have your interview? Mine was 4/25

edit: They're busy with commencement! So nothing till after this Friday it seems

oh so do you think that we will hear more from them on friday or monday after commencement?
and for those that received letters, are you guys all instate? maybe I haven't received my letter yet cause I live so far away.

Last edited:
Is anyone else getting the feeling that acceptances are granted via email initially? Is there any hope in thinking that these "letters" that were sent out will yield something other than a rejection? I hope so.

oh so do you think that we will hear more from them on friday or monday after commencement?
and for those that received letters, are you guys all instate? maybe I haven't received my letter yet cause I live so far away.

Their e-mails all said the admissions office will be closed for commencement and reopen at 8am Monday.

The booklet from the interview says only denial letters will be sent via US mail...so that means acceptances/WL will be via e-mail.

Acceptance letter came in the mail today. The postage showed it was mailed on the 16th.

Last edited:
I live about an hour from Pomona but still haven't heard from them. I'm trying to be optimistic... I think that we have about 30% chance of getting in post-interview. Since only one person posted here that he/she got in recently, it must mean that they're not done sending out acceptance emails :laugh:

I am more inclined to believe that ALL acceptances have already been sent out and that accepted applicants are just not part of SDN or facebook. If we have not received anything, my feeling is that we have been wait-listed.

I live about an hour from Pomona but still haven't heard from them. I'm trying to be optimistic... I think that we have about 30% chance of getting in post-interview. Since only one person posted here that he/she got in recently, it must mean that they're not done sending out acceptance emails :laugh:

it's good to be optimistic! it could be possible that they send out acceptance emails in batches alphabetically. and since they've been busy with commencement, they'll resume sending those emails out next week? lol. wishful thinking.
plus, what are the chances that people aren't on fb? LOL. we're in 2012 here guys!

Im going to Pacific Nortwest of Health Sciences for their DO program

I am more inclined to believe that ALL acceptances have already been sent out and that accepted applicants are just not part of SDN or facebook. If we have not received anything, my feeling is that we have been wait-listed.

Remember that we waited longer than most people for our interviews too. In fact, I was told my application was on hold, and then the next day I got an email saying I got an interview in 2 days.

Hm I wonder how they deal with waitlisted people. Will they send out emails for that?

I interviewed on march 1st and I've been told that I have been on hold back in like April. Haven't heard anything yet.

Im going to Pacific Nortwest of Health Sciences for their DO program

Congrats~

Seems those that got accepted this week are getting their letters in the mail soon. They probably have a lot of us on waitlist though... If they respond to my e-mail Monday I'll let you guys know

it's good to be optimistic! it could be possible that they send out acceptance emails in batches alphabetically. and since they've been busy with commencement, they'll resume sending those emails out next week? lol. wishful thinking.
plus, what are the chances that people aren't on fb? LOL. we're in 2012 here guys!

people on facebook are also waiting desperately as well hahaha. Cappi must have been an exceptional candidate.

Oh that's what they said? So no incoming student is gonna have linkage status until like December. I wonder how that will work. I heard they have to get at least 3.0 and pass the classes in order to get linkage. But I also heard most students failed ISAC and had to retake. Is this program worth it if someone ends up not getting linked?

It was only the first year that they linked students upon acceptance. This year's class also got linked in Dec/Jan. After ISAC and the first exam or so of the next class is when they start deciding on linkage. If you do get linked, you have to maintain a 3.0 and a 24 MCAT to be guaranteed your linkage. 5 out of the 30 students in this year's class failed ISAC (not most of them) and they were all still granted interviews during the regular application cycle for the DO school. One of them who did really well in all the classes after ISAC, was accepted into the med school.

It was only the first year that they linked students upon acceptance. This year's class also got linked in Dec/Jan. After ISAC and the first exam or so of the next class is when they start deciding on linkage. If you do get linked, you have to maintain a 3.0 and a 24 MCAT to be guaranteed your linkage. 5 out of the 30 students in this year's class failed ISAC (not most of them) and they were all still granted interviews during the regular application cycle for the DO school. One of them who did really well in all the classes after ISAC, was accepted into the med school.

What is the reason why even though all were given interviews, only one person got into the med school? Are you going to do this program? If so, would you still do it if there is no linkage?

Just an FYI for everyone who is waiting on decisions...Jodi got back to me this morning and said that final decisions were made this last Friday and admissions should be sending out e-mails soonl...hope this helps

Just an FYI for everyone who is waiting on decisions...Jodi got back to me this morning and said that final decisions were made this last Friday and admissions should be sending out e-mails soonl...hope this helps

Wow and I thought they made the decision awhile ago lol. Thanks for the update! :)

Yea, Jodi replied and said the decisions were finalized earlier this morning. She also said there are 20 people on the waitlist, which has no ranking and that they should know more by the end of this week whether students have accepted their offer of admission. For those that are waitlisted, we should be receiving an email from the admissions office soon...in case anyone was still wondering if they had been WL or denied. It helps to know that being on the WL, we are still in consideration for guaranteed admissions for in the upcoming class. :xf:

Yea, Jodi replied and said the decisions were finalized earlier this morning. She also said there are 20 people on the waitlist, which has no ranking and that they should know more by the end of this week whether students have accepted their offer of admission. For those that are waitlisted, we should be receiving an email from the admissions office soon...in case anyone was still wondering if they had been WL or denied. It helps to know that being on the WL, we are still in consideration for guaranteed admissions for in the upcoming class. :xf:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your post makes me think you already know you are waitlisted? They are still sending out emails for acceptances right? And what do you mean by the last sentence? thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your post makes me think you already know you are waitlisted? They are still sending out emails for acceptances right? And what do you mean by the last sentence? thanks

Oh sorry for the confusion there! But her email did say that I was waitlisted, that's how I knew. I believe they are sending out emails for acceptances since Jodi said they barely finalized the decisions this morning. However, the guidebook they gave us on the interview day says that "non-accept status applicants will be notified by mail only".

Those that are waitlisted may or may not be accepted into the upcoming class for next year (2013), usually schools that do this call it "guaranteed admissions" or the sort. Hope this answered your questions!

edit: in other words, if you are WL, and you don't get in this year, you still have a chance to be guaranteed admissions for the next year

Hm... I wonder what makes people get rejected, and not just waitlisted post interview. Is it from the interview only, or stats too? But if stats were the problem, why invite them to interview in the first place?

And for those who got waitlisted with no ranking, how do they determine who will get in if a spot opens up later?

I just got an email from them placing me on hold... It said my status could change to accept, alternate or non-accept anywhere from now until APRIL. That doesn't even make too much sense to me....

I just got an email from them placing me on hold... It said my status could change to accept, alternate or non-accept anywhere from now until APRIL. That doesn't even make too much sense to me....

lol...not so much considering it is almost june. I would check back with them. Earlier in the application reviews they sent a crazy email to a bunch of us...it referred to pharmacy school

they sent a correct one after that...i'm sure they meant to say june

lol...not so much considering it is almost june. I would check back with them. Earlier in the application reviews they sent a crazy email to a bunch of us...it referred to pharmacy school

they sent a correct one after that...i'm sure they meant to say june

Yea, I hope you're right, I was thinking they might have meant April 2013 O_O ..

Yea, I hope you're right, I was thinking they might have meant April 2013 O_O ..

Did you get an email from admissions that you were on the WL yet or was it just the one from Jodi?

Did you get an email from admissions that you were on the WL yet or was it just the one from Jodi?

I got one from admissions a few hours after Jodi's email.

edit: have you gotten any word on your admissions status?

I got one from admissions a few hours after Jodi's email.

edit: have you gotten any word on your admissions status?

Nope, all she said was that they had made the decisions and that e-mails would be sent very soon. hopefully soon

I also got a email stating i am on hold , so we shall see

Does hold=alternate status? I feel like it's a different thing cause in the email it says you will be notified a final decision when you get either accept, non-accept, or alternate. And I'm not sure what it means cause it's not explained in the guidebook we received during interview day. Does it just mean more waiting and we'll hear from them later?