WesternU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moon

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, i'd like to congratulate to all of you who have been accepted to Western U for this coming year. Please drop a line if you decided to go to COMP.
Have you check out the places to live next year yet? So far, i have learned that Pomona is not too safe to live. Ontario, Chino, Highland and San Bernadino are very accessable to school, reasonable rent. Is there any particular place that you would recomend? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I am excited about attending WesternU, and looking foreword to the challenge. I will be there starting in the summer with the ISAC program.

Pomona is better now than it was when I was at WU seven years ago.

You'll find the best places in the Inland Empire are Claremont, Chino Hills, and most of Upland. Look around those areas -- especially the area around old town Claremont (a very nice area).

Avoid Ontario and the rest of San Bernardino -- they're the worst places in Southern California! Hot, smoggy, and very industrial.

Hope that helps!
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Lee, thanks for your recomendations. I'll sure will check out claremont area. I did not know Ontario and San bernadino are that bad.
Chkalov, i'll look forward to seeing you this fall. I'm not taking the ISAC program. I'd rather enjoy this summer and suffer the heavy load in the fall.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you when the classes start this fall. I am not going to attend the ISAC though. Are you, guys, planning to go the "getting ready weekend"? What is it going to be like? I am also starting to look for a place to live, so any advice will be greatly appreciated. See you soon, my classmates
smile.gif

Congrats newly accepted DO's! I thought I would post here to see if anyone is interested in renting out a room in a two story house in La Verne. It is a really pretty house in a gated neighborhood and the rent for the room is only $590/month. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested and I can give you more details!

Congrats newly accepted DO's! I thought I would post here to see if anyone is interested in renting out a room in a two story house in La Verne. It is a really pretty house in a gated neighborhood and the rent for the room is only $590/month. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested and I can give you more details!

Not very attentive to the fact that this thread is over 12 years old are you?

By reading ancient threads, modern day people can see how ancient people lived.

Plus this thread has the legendary Lee in it. Creator of SDN and a D.O. Immortalize this thread!