what about studying medicine in germany?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nidal abilmona

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i'm a lebanese student studying medical lab. technology/premed in the american uinversity of beirut. I want to know how to apply to german medical schools and what are the requirements needed. can anyone help?
note: i wll do my mcat and i fullfull the american med school requirements cz my med. school in lebanon is american. does this help me?

Members don't see this ad.

hi, i'm a lebanese student studying medical lab. technology/premed in the american uinversity of beirut. I want to know how to apply to german medical schools and what are the requirements needed. can anyone help?
note: i wll do my mcat and i fullfull the american med school requirements cz my med. school in lebanon is american. does this help me?

Hi bro,
It is a good decision that u selected germany in order to study medicine .
I am Palestinian, my friend in his 3rd semster in medicine in Freiburg uni.
I am as u want to study medicine , so i can tell u that u first must have a first acceptance like chemistry , biology all palestinian do this tricky in order to get visa and after u do ur DSH exam ( in order to do that exam u must have taken at least 900 hours of german language as a foreigner , there is a lot sprachshule to study there) after u get a nice grade in this exam ur chance become better than if u applay medicine from the first time . all this things u can do after u reach germany like applying ur medical study .
as lebanese certifacte and palestinian one which called ( tawjihi ) too lucky that we dont need to have a studienkolleg this is like a year or more of studying secience subjects ( like u wanted to make ur 12th grade in german language ) thats not needed for lebanese and palestinian and egypation mostly for jordenian or gulf people .

all this information if u want to study medical as me I am 18 , but if u want to continue ur study thats another question and if thats so u can see that link helpfull for ur specialization .
http://www.bramjnet.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=572611 ( in arabic only)

so as happend to me i get a first acceptance from Niederreihn hochschule technical universty for mechatronik like electronics engineering thats only to persuade the embassy to give me the visa , and now Im ready to go in 5-1-2009 to prepare for DSH in germany it take at least 8-9 monthes then ill apply to medicine freiburg or giessen or heidelburg or berline where ever u can get ur accept , they also need certificates from goethe institute that u almost finished a 145 hours its called start deutsch eins 1 or optimal a1 level , need also a bank guarantee , ur leaving certificate school certifited from ur ministry of education and ministry of foreinger affairs .... etc

again and again if u get an easy subject acceptance thats then ur more likely to get ur visa of residence which is in my opinion more harder like arabs to get than medicine acceptance this is the first step and first goal .

:eek: u need to be a hard studying person espcially at first , my friend in freiburg really suffering but u can enjoy ur first 8 monthes hahaha in learning deutsch.

by the way american university in lebanon very descent university u need at least to finish ur 2 years in order to continue in germany ur current study like lab medical .

if u wanna anything my bro just ask .
BEST REGARDS im sorry for my insignificant english language .
:love:

Last edited: