What about Texas transfers??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarahjay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have stories to tell of any transfers in Texas medical schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I know a girl who transfered from a UT school to Baylor this year because here husband was in Houston. So, it can be done. Transfers generally can only happen b/t the 2nd and 3rd year and many of the schools require step I scores before they will allow you to transfer. The texas medical schools are big and alot of people drop out, so they have openings. If you have a good reason to transfer and are a decent student then you can probably transfer.

-tm

I know a girl who transfered from a UT school to Baylor this year because here husband was in Houston. So, it can be done. Transfers generally can only happen b/t the 2nd and 3rd year and many of the schools require step I scores before they will allow you to transfer. The texas medical schools are big and alot of people drop out, so they have openings. If you have a good reason to transfer and are a decent student then you can probably transfer.

-tm

The drop out rate in the Texas schools is between 1-3 percent any given year at any given school. I would not call this "a lot of people."