What Are A+'s worth?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc3232

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen too many 4.0+ gpas (above 4.0) .
so is an A+ equal to a 4.3?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

wow, thats crazy

and thanks for reply

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! So all the hard work actually does pay off.
4.3?!

Doesn't mean anything really. Some schools just don't give out A+. D schools get your high school transcript and the AADSAS GPA and look at them both.

It's a flaw in the system, that will eventually be corrected. The problem is that many schools do not give out A+'s

It's a flaw in the system, that will eventually be corrected. The problem is that many schools do not give out A+'s

what do u mean by 'flaw in the system'? do you know when this will be corrected and did AADSAS say they will take it out?

what the heck! i just got two 90's this semester...and i was like 'YES'

Doesn't mean anything really. Some schools just don't give out A+. D schools get your high school transcript and the AADSAS GPA and look at them both.

oh no. i thought someone said dental schools dont care about ur high school grades. im confused

So I'm confused on a couple of things:

1. I have had many people that have applied tell me that AADSAS calculates the GPA by dropping all +'s and -'s. For example a B+ would be 3.00, and an A- would be 4.0. But by looking at that document it appears that they don't do that. Does someone have any insight on that?

2. Do they take your high school transcript seriously? I sort of blew it in high school but have a very good college GPA.

So I'm confused on a couple of things:

1. I have had many people that have applied tell me that AADSAS calculates the GPA by dropping all +'s and -'s. For example a B+ would be 3.00, and an A- would be 4.0. But by looking at that document it appears that they don't do that. Does someone have any insight on that?

2. Do they take your high school transcript seriously? I sort of blew it in high school but have a very good college GPA.

1. they calculate it both ways. one gpa with +'s and -'s and one without. schools will see both ways

2. some do. some don't. udm requires it.

Well, the schools that do give out like 1 or 2 each class of 500-1000 (in my school at least).
Not saying I have gotten any recently :eek:

Really, I didn't have a section on my AADSAS to enter in my high school GPA nor did they get a transcript from my high school.

1. they calculate it both ways. one gpa with +'s and -'s and one without. schools will see both ways

2. some do. some don't. udm requires it.

re #1: do they show the scores the other way anywhere? (i.e. sans +/-) I've not seen one of those scores? I know AADSAS gives 2 gpa's, but i don't think one's w/o the +'s and -'s. I'm actually not sure what the 2 gpas are...

re #2: true that. i think i had to get one for ucsf, but not for too many others. they usually ask for them as part of your secondary, yea?

re #1: do they show the scores the other way anywhere? (i.e. sans +/-) I've not seen one of those scores? I know AADSAS gives 2 gpa's, but i don't think one's w/o the +'s and -'s. I'm actually not sure what the 2 gpas are...

re #2: true that. i think i had to get one for ucsf, but not for too many others. they usually ask for them as part of your secondary, yea?

yah i think they do show it. they show it in ur 'aadsas gpa's", the last column.

Category Subject Hours Quality
Points w/o
GPA w/o

I never entered any high school gpa info on aadsas....on tmdsas they did ask about high school class rank, sat scores etc. I believe that was just for statistic purposes, maybe I'm wrong.

I never entered any high school gpa info on aadsas....on tmdsas they did ask about high school class rank, sat scores etc. I believe that was just for statistic purposes, maybe I'm wrong.

I agree, I don't think they care too much about what you did in high school.

i wouldn't worry about your 9th grade GPA.

don't worry about +/- being unfair, unless you're consistently in the top 2% of your classes, and never get below a 93%.. :

getting As in the 90-93% range is very common (=3.7 at +/- schools, 4.0 at all others), and if you don't fit the rare situation above, the +/- system often hurts your GPA.

so does anyone know if the 4.33 thing is still going to apply to AADSAS for the 2009 cycle? i really tried super hard to get these two 90's (and trust me, i only have a few) and so i hope it can help with calculating the GPA (which ain't high!!) haha

Really, I didn't have a section on my AADSAS to enter in my high school GPA nor did they get a transcript from my high school.

Oh my, I must have been day dreaming when I wrote this. I meant to say they get your transcript from colleges you attend so they can see the differences between AADSAS GPA and your actual GPA. Big boo boo on my part!

Oh my, I must have been day dreaming when I wrote this. I meant to say they get your transcript from colleges you attend so they can see the differences between AADSAS GPA and your actual GPA. Big boo boo on my part!

Haha, ya I understood what you meant.