What are my chances?? (2022 application cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HappyHaunt

Reaction score
I just graduated university with a 3.2 gpa and a 514 MCAT. I know the GPA is quite low but I'm hoping my MCAT and ECs would help me get in. I have completed a little over 600 hours of volunteering experience in a hospital. I also have been an EMT on an ambulance for the past 6 months and will continue that for the foreseeable future.

I’m starting my application for this coming cycle, I was thinking about schools like the University of Arizona. I’m shooting for an MD, but will also be applying to DOs as well. What are your recommendations for what I should be applying to?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Happy, your question might be better answered in the Pre-med forums. But I think you've got a shot. Especially if you have a positive GPA trend. If it's going downward you'll probably need to do a postbac. Is your science GPA higher than your cumulative? Which U of A school were you thinking? Are you in-state there? I'm OOS there and was waitlisted for an interview and U of A Tucson...never got to actually interview. I think they have an in-state preference, but I'm no expert. Good luck!