What are my chances in IM Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Desert_Gaara

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As the thread question asks. Have not been getting any direct answers from my school so wanted to see what people here thought. I got to a t5 level school and wish to remain at a similar caliber of IM residency program as I am aiming to ultimately pursue cardiology in an academic setting.

Metrics:
Core Clerkships are P/F but all P.
SubI: Honors
1 IM elective graded at Honors
Step 2: 255
Research: This is where I am less certain. I have 2 abstracts/poster presentations published. Have 3 currently in submission/ review, one being a 1st author manuscript.

Everything else is subjective (PS, activities, etc) and I have been told ultimately doesn't matter as much, but would assume I am in the average range there as well.

Should I still attempt to focus in on t4 IM residencies or does research output disqualify me from these places?