What are my chances? A 2007-undergrad going back to school.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tn4turbo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sorry I am very new at this....I haven't calculate it yet, do I just sign up for an account at https://aacomas.aacom.org/....then get a free calculation on my gpa? or is there a form that i could download to calculate my gpa?

Members don't see this ad :)
What your current AACOMAS gpa?
My current AACOMAS gpa are as follows: Cumulative GPA= 3.09, Science GPA 3.04.

Should I do a Post-Bac program as my next step? Will I still have a chance at DO schools?

Another question is what if I finish up another science degree? Will DO schools look at my recent grades for the new bachelor degree? do they still want my old grades from over 7 years ago? What if I apply only with the grades for the new bachelor degree.

Should I do a Post-Bac program as my next step? Will I still have a chance at DO schools?

Another question is what if I finish up another science degree?
You have an acceptable gpa (barely) and an excellent MCAT. For DO, you should be able to get interviews. Another degree is a waste of time if you are only doing it to get into medical school. Grade replacement is much more efficient and you may not need it with a good list and enough interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your advice. On the concept of "Grade Replacement," this is so great...I always thought that medical schools average out the grades for repeat courses and they do not like repeat courses. If schools use the new grades in place of old ones, then I might have an even higher GPA then what I gave out in the previous post. I might be in the range of 3.6 cGPA and 3.7 for science GPA. Thank you for your help.

On another note, if I take a few more replacement classes to improve my gpa...then i wont need to do a post-bac program?
But i will need to do more hospital volunteering and shadow some doctors...I will try to apply next year or so.

Thank you for your advice. On the concept of "Grade Replacement," this is so great...I always thought that medical schools average out the grades for repeat courses and they do not like repeat courses. If schools use the new grades in place of old ones, then I might have an even higher GPA then what I gave out in the previous post. I might be in the range of 3.6 cGPA and 3.7 for science GPA. Thank you for your help.

On another note, if I take a few more replacement classes to improve my gpa...then i wont need to do a post-bac program?
But i will need to do more hospital volunteering and shadow some doctors...I will try to apply next year or so.
Only DO schools offer grade replacement. This quickly brings up your DO gpa and obviates the need for a full post bac. MD schools average re-takes and include math in the science gpa.

Reactions: 1 user

apply broadly and apply early to DO schools. Apply to atleast 10 DO schools (primary and secondary apps) and make sure you shadow a DO doc and receive a letter of rec from a DO.

Reactions: 1 users