What are my chances at Dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teethbegone

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i took my DAT today and i scored the following
AA: 19
TS: 19
PAT: 20

with all sections being above 18 at least.

I have tons and tons of shadowing and work at the dental clinic providing chair side assistance to numerous dentists.

Im just slightly worried about my DAT scores, can i get into a dental school with these scores?

Oh and my GPA is around a 3.3, attending UCSD with a biochemistry major. Im also working on a couple of research projects, one of which is just finishing up where i will be listed as an author, and just starting another one involving osteoclast research and the bone of teeth

so what yall think?

Members don't see this ad.

Well it actually depends when you sent in your primary and/or secondary applications and who you sent them to (whether you sent them in-state or out-of-state)

Well it actually depends when you sent in your primary and/or secondary applications and who you sent them to (whether you sent them in-state or out-of-state)

Im a california resident
so im applying to:
UCSF, UCLA, USC, loma linda, UoP, Western, NYU, and Tufts

i know i should add more but dont know which ones yet

go for it!!! i will be applying with 17AA :( you have better change to get in. I think your scores are good, just apply early

Congrats on being done, hopefully you'll get into a few places because I'm in the same boat as you. I just finished mine last week 19AA/19TS/20PAT 3.4 GPA BIO major. Try to apply to as many as your budget can afford. I'm trying to apply to 10 or so schools