What are my chances ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dalee50

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just took my DAT couple days ago and about to submit my application.

I am applying to most big name schools and would like to know your opinion about my score. Especially the QR section. Even though I studied a lot for the QR section , I still had hard time with it.
My score are:

Bio:23
GChem:22
OChem:30
PAT:22
RC:22
QR:19
TS:24
AA:23

My total gpa is about 3.7 and my science gpa is around the same area. I have more then 1000 hours of dental realated expirience and about 600 hours of that is assisting a dentist. What are my chances of getting into schools like Columbia and Upenn ?

Members don't see this ad.

There's a thread specifically for these sorts of questions in the Pre-dental forums. And I'm sure you already know that a 3.7 GPA and 23AA are competitive for the country's most prestigious schools.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why must you even ask O_O. Dont make me demand the proof but I believe you're just another paranoid sdner in that 23 AA/24TS club that is so common.

Reactions: 1 users
Why must you even ask O_O. Dont make me demand the proof but I believe you're just another paranoid sdner in that 23 AA/24TS club that is so common.
Sorry if I asked something wrong, I just wanted to know people's opinion about the QR section. I think it never hurts to ask, but thanks for the love.

Sorry if I asked something wrong, I just wanted to know people's opinion about the QR section. I think it never hurts to ask, but thanks for the love.
Nah it's not wrong; I just feel like I'm used to these gunners being like "oh I got a 23, and I got under a 20 in one section I need to go cry now." Lol. Unfortunately for me, and fortunately for most people QR is the least important section. Your other scores kick ass and a 19 in QR isn't even that bad tbh.

Reactions: 1 user
Nah it's not wrong; I just feel like I'm used to these gunners being like "oh I got a 23, and I got under a 20 in one section I need to go cry now." Lol. Unfortunately for me, and fortunately for most people QR is the least important section. Your other scores kick ass and a 19 in QR isn't even that bad tbh.
Well , this is more like it bro. This type of reply cheers me up. Last couple month have been very stressful. Thanks ;)

Don't worry about your QR. Your scores are very competitive for Columbia and Penn.

Hey guys! I just took my DAT couple days ago and about to submit my application.

I am applying to most big name schools and would like to know your opinion about my score. Especially the QR section. Even though I studied a lot for the QR section , I still had hard time with it.
My score are:

Bio:23
GChem:22
OChem:30
PAT:22
RC:22
QR:19
TS:24
AA:23

My total gpa is about 3.7 and my science gpa is around the same area. I have more then 1000 hours of dental realated expirience and about 600 hours of that is assisting a dentist. What are my chances of getting into schools like Columbia and Upenn ?
Congratulations! Very nice scores and with you excellent GPA you should get interviews at those schools. Just make sure you have a strong personal statement and rock the interview!

Wishing you the best..

Nancy

Besides the QR you killed it! congrats!! :)
Congratulations! Very nice scores and with you excellent GPA you should get interviews at those schools. Just make sure you have a strong personal statement and rock the interview!

Wishing you the best..

Nancy
Thanks for the input, I just submitted my application and planning to start to prepare for the interview. Hopefully, I will do well on the interviews too. Any tips for the interview ?