Mar 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi guys. So I'm 20. I go to FIU. I'm a chem major and bio minor. I got my Associates while getting my high school diploma, so that's why I'm graduating earlier. I took the DAT & got: math: 19, reading: 19, pat: 19, bio: 21, orgo: 19, gen chem: 23, AA: 20, TS: 21. I have shadowed many hours and have volunteered at a clinic. I always take 15-18 credits. I'm in the Honors College. I have been deans list. I got a scholarship. I'm doing the pre health committee for the letters and evaluations. However, my GPA is really low. Bcpm GPA: 3.1. All other: 3.3. Cumulative: 3.2. I sent the AADSAS app sep 3. I applied to 15 schools. I got the Boston University supplemental the 4th & turned it in the 5th. So I applied to LECOM & Nova on FL. Midwestern in Illinois & AZ. Boston University & Tufts. NYU. Howard. University of Kentucky. Creighton. Rutgers. Temple, Meharry, Roseman, & Marquette. What do you think my chances are? Please let me know. I'm very nervous.

allantois

5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2013
Status
Other Health Professions Student
It depends on whether you had someone proofread your application.

OP
J
Mar 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
It depends on whether you had someone proofread your application.
What do you mean? I had an English major friend and a pre dental student revise my essays and then I asked my pre health advisor to do the same.

May 26, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
How did you do? Did any of them accept you? Your score was above the average and your GPA wasn't terrible. What were your odds and what are you doing now if you are not in dental school?