What are my chances? Bad semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JayJay3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's my second year at university and the first year was good, but the second year (first semester) due to some mental health issues, sick family member, and just chronic stress caused me to do bad this semester. I got a D in micriobiology lab, A in microbio lecture, and C's in organic chemistry 1 & the lab & in history. Prior I had a 3.71 gpa. What are my chances at going to a good md school after this really bad semester?

Members don't see this ad.

It's my second year at university and the first year was good, but the second year (first semester) due to some mental health issues, sick family member, and just chronic stress caused me to do bad this semester. I got a D in micriobiology lab, A in microbio lecture, and C's in organic chemistry 1 & the lab & in history. Prior I had a 3.71 gpa. What are my chances at going to a good md school after this really bad semester?
Just show an upward trend and you’re fine. I’m in a similar situation where I was physically unable to go to school and the drop date for a W had passed so my gpa tanked. The mental reprucussions of that situation are still affecting me but I’m managing to pull my gpa up. What is your expected gpa for this semester?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just show an upward trend and you’re fine. I’m in a similar situation where I was physically unable to go to school and the drop date for a W had passed so my gpa tanked. The mental reprucussions of that situation are still affecting me but I’m managing to pull my gpa up. What is your expected gpa for this semester?
Somewhere around a 2.8 - 3.0, I'm not sure yet