MD What are my chances? Canadian schools, US citizen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted757041

[deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Canadian here! In my opinion, your CARS score is low for Canadian medical schools which they emphasize a lot. GPA is also on the low end as well. To have a good chance as a Canadian applicant, you would need a GPA of 3.9 or more. Since you're applying as an international, they have higher standards. Unfortunately, Canadian medical schools do not matriculate international students often, sometimes none at all. The only way to have a solid chance with your stats is to be a permanent resident, but that's about it. So your chances are pretty low. If you have the cash the blow, it might be worth a shot but I would just stick to applying to US med schools. You are competitive for a lot of mid-tier med schools in the US.

Thanks! Thats (unfortunately) the response I was expecting to get. Oh well, as Wayne Gretzky once said, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take; still planning to apply as my reach schools
But first, you have to be W Gretzky...

Reactions: 1 user