what are my chances for canadian degree completion program (2 year dds)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mahee93

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BDS and MDS (periodontics) degrees from one of the top 5 colleges in India
CGPA- 3.0 (class rank 4th)
IELTS score- 7.5 overall
clinical experience- 1 year in India
publications- 2 (indexed journals)
conferences- 4 national (2 papers and 2 posters presented)
completed a clinical study for thesis submission during MDS
voluntary work- part-time practice in a charitable clinic
 
Where you go to college doesn't really matter as people reviewing your applications here wont have an understanding of how good/bad your college is. That being said your GPA is okay (good but not great) but rank is really good!! (although I'm not sure if schools really focus on rank- I've never heard anyone emphasize it)
Also assuming you still have to take the Canadian exams...
Just answering based on what I've seen the past few months in forums/groups.