What are my chances for D.O?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JC7878

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey folks,

I am currently in my Junior year of undergrad and have not taken my MCAT, yet. Assuming I get a 504< MCAT, will I have a shot at D.O schools?

Here are my statistics so far:

Overall GPA- 3.56

sGPA- 3.4

Over 200 hours of volunteering at a local hospital.

Have solid letters of recommendation.

Was in the Marine Corp for 4 years and have a meritorious promotion and a few leadership roles while in the Corps.

I went to a CC for my first two years before attending a respected University and I was President of the Pre Med club at the CC.

I am currently president of Student Osteopathic Medical Association at the university I am attending.

Also have 500 plus hours clinical experience with a veterinarian.( I don't know if Vet work is relevant to human medicine but I think it is still beneficial).

Will also be getting into research soon as well.

I appreciate any advice ladies and gents! Good luck to all!
 
First off, many thanks for your service to our country! Semper Fi!

You'd fine for any DO school so far.


Hey folks,

I am currently in my Junior year of undergrad and have not taken my MCAT, yet. Assuming I get a 504< MCAT, will I have a shot at D.O schools?

Here are my statistics so far:

Overall GPA- 3.56

sGPA- 3.4

Over 200 hours of volunteering at a local hospital.

Have solid letters of recommendation.

Was in the Marine Corp for 4 years and have a meritorious promotion and a few leadership roles while in the Corps.

I went to a CC for my first two years before attending a respected University and I was President of the Pre Med club at the CC.

I am currently president of Student Osteopathic Medical Association at the university I am attending.

Also have 500 plus hours clinical experience with a veterinarian.( I don't know if Vet work is relevant to human medicine but I think it is still beneficial).

Will also be getting into research soon as well.

I appreciate any advice ladies and gents! Good luck to all!