What are my chances for D.O?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JC7878

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I am currently in my Junior year of undergrad and have not taken my MCAT, yet. Assuming I get a 504< MCAT, will I have a shot at D.O schools?

Here are my statistics so far:

Overall GPA- 3.56

sGPA- 3.4

Over 200 hours of volunteering at a local hospital.

Have solid letters of recommendation.

Was in the Marine Corp for 4 years and have a meritorious promotion and a few leadership roles while in the Corps.

I went to a CC for my first two years before attending a respected University and I was President of the Pre Med club at the CC.

I am currently president of Student Osteopathic Medical Association at the university I am attending.

Also have 500 plus hours clinical experience with a veterinarian.( I don't know if Vet work is relevant to human medicine but I think it is still beneficial).

Will also be getting into research soon as well.

I appreciate any advice ladies and gents! Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

As long as your MCAT is 500 or higher you have a chance for DO schools. A 500 is fine for the newer schools and 505 is fine for most schools.

Reactions: 1 user
First off, many thanks for your service to our country! Semper Fi!

You'd fine for any DO school so far.

Hey folks,

I am currently in my Junior year of undergrad and have not taken my MCAT, yet. Assuming I get a 504< MCAT, will I have a shot at D.O schools?

Here are my statistics so far:

Overall GPA- 3.56

sGPA- 3.4

Over 200 hours of volunteering at a local hospital.

Have solid letters of recommendation.

Was in the Marine Corp for 4 years and have a meritorious promotion and a few leadership roles while in the Corps.

I went to a CC for my first two years before attending a respected University and I was President of the Pre Med club at the CC.

I am currently president of Student Osteopathic Medical Association at the university I am attending.

Also have 500 plus hours clinical experience with a veterinarian.( I don't know if Vet work is relevant to human medicine but I think it is still beneficial).

Will also be getting into research soon as well.

I appreciate any advice ladies and gents! Good luck to all!

Reactions: 1 user