What are my chances for MD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theqce

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Apply early and put a lot of thought in your primary and secondary writing prompts. With a good school list I'd be very surprised if you don't get in somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry in advance if this thread is in the wrong spot.
Was advised to make this post from the "Should I retake the MCAT?" discussion thread.

I want a shot at an MD program, preferably in Michigan...
  1. What is your MCAT Score (with section wise breakdown): 514: 130/122!/132/130, March 2019

2. What is your GPA (w/ Science GPA): 3.62 sGPA, 3.73 overall - Upward Trend - 3.12 freshman year, 3.98 sophomore & junior year, 3.85 senior

3. State/Country of residence (optional): MI

4. Ethnicity (ORM/URM?): ORM White - Moved to US as refugee from Iraq in 2008 - Citizen

5. Goal Med school (Tier/goal): US MD (UMich is the dream)

6. Include ECs/Other Relevant Info if you would like: Was on Pell grant - financially disadvantaged - ESL - 1 year clinical work as RA at nursing facility, 550 hours research with poster presentation and grant from NIH, Physics 2 lab co-instructor for a semester before graduating, 5 years in IT/tech position, will be doing research during this gap year (at UMich), 120 hours shadowing, 70 hours volunteering as high school tutor, Published iOS app for hemodialysis machines errors diagnostics, working on in-silico cell model during my free time. Just accepted full-time position in research at UMich.

7. Other Facts regarding your studying the first time: Went ham, CARS was much lower than expected

8. Do you know/think you can do better on MCAT retake? 50% sure I can, I was expecting cars to be 124 min, 126 max, everything else was around my expectation
The 122 in CARS will hurt. Suggest targeting schools where that score is at 10th %ile or higher.

Hi @Faha , I would much appreciate your input on this
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Wayne State
Michigan State
Central Michigan
U Michigan
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Toledo
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola