What are my chances for these following schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bagheera16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've sent out a couple secondaries already, and I am planning to finish the rest of them before October. These are my stats as of now (after putting my info into AACOMAS):

3.27 cgpa
3.07 sgpa
3.60 non-science gpa
502 MCAT (125/126/125/126)
I recently graduated with a Biochemistry major and an Art minor from the University of Minnesota. So far I have over 100s of hours of volunteering at hospitals (surgery lounge, ED, etc), 50ish for hospice, 100+ shadowing, and research for 1.5 years. I think I have fairly good LORs. Currently, I'm scribing full-time, volunteering at a clinic with pediatric patients, and possibly mentoring/tutoring accomplished high school students from low-income families. I'll also be continuing hospice.

I am applying to the following schools:
DMU <--- really, really want to go here
Midwestern
PNWU
PCOM
Marian
KYCOM
Western (both campuses)
A.T. Still <--- 2nd choice
WVCOM <---I guess 3rd choice
Oklahoma
LMU
William Carey
LECOM
ARCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
DMU, AZCOM, CCOM, and Marian are all reaches stats wise. They all have 3.5+ and 504+ as their averages. However you have pretty good ECs. I would add a few more newer schools to your list.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

DMU, AZCOM, CCOM, and Marian are all reaches stats wise. They all have 3.5+ and 504+ as their averages. However you have pretty good ECs. I would add a few more newer schools to your list.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Okay! I'll look into some of the newer schools too! Thanks for taking the time to look at my post and give me feedback :)

I've sent out a couple secondaries already, and I am planning to finish the rest of them before October. These are my stats as of now (after putting my info into AACOMAS):

3.27 cgpa
3.07 sgpa
3.60 non-science gpa
502 MCAT (125/126/125/126)
I recently graduated with a Biochemistry major and an Art minor from the University of Minnesota. So far I have over 100s of hours of volunteering at hospitals (surgery lounge, ED, etc), 50ish for hospice, 100+ shadowing, and research for 1.5 years. I think I have fairly good LORs. Currently, I'm scribing full-time, volunteering at a clinic with pediatric patients, and possibly mentoring/tutoring accomplished high school students from low-income families. I'll also be continuing hospice.

I am applying to the following schools:
DMU <--- really, really want to go here Low chance
Midwestern Extremely low chance
PNWU Unless you are from the PNW, Low chance
PCOM Unless you are from PA or DE Extremely low chance
Marian Low chance
KYCOM Medium chance
Western (both campuses) Low chance
A.T. Still <--- 2nd choice Low chance
WVCOM <---I guess 3rd choice Medium chance
Oklahoma Unless you are from OK Extremely low chance
LMU Medium chance
William Carey Medium chance
LECOM Low chance
ARCOM Medium chance

See quote for chances. The moral of the story is that I hope you haven't applied yet because if so you've wasted a lot of money

See quote for chances. The moral of the story is that I hope you haven't applied yet because if so you've wasted a lot of money
Welp, too late for that. I guess I'll see what happens. Thanks for the input though!

Add these schools where you have a chance for an interview with your stats:
ACOM
BCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas (new school)
RVU-Utah (new school)
UIWSOM (new school-Texas)
Try and submit all your secondaries by late September.

Reactions: 1 user