What are my chances? Need advice please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CavsFan2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
1st attempt on MCAT: 27 (10/9/8)
2nd attempt a year later: 517 (130/126/130/131)

cGPA: 3.59
sGPA: 3.65

Solid LOR's and EC's - research for 2 years w/ presentations at conferences, multiple strong clinical/volunteer experiences

Background: Went to a small liberal arts college, played varsity soccer, and decided to switch to pre-med after sophomore year. Tried to rush and take the MCAT my senior year which didn't go so well. Took a year off to work as a scribe and re-take the MCAT.

Just got the MCAT score back yesterday, so now trying to decide where to apply - any advice is much appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad.

1st attempt on MCAT: 27 (10/9/8)
2nd attempt a year later: 517 (130/126/130/131)

cGPA: 3.59
sGPA: 3.65

Solid LOR's and EC's - research for 2 years w/ presentations at conferences, multiple strong clinical/volunteer experiences

Background: Went to a small liberal arts college, played varsity soccer, and decided to switch to pre-med after sophomore year. Tried to rush and take the MCAT my senior year which didn't go so well. Took a year off to work as a scribe and re-take the MCAT.

Just got the MCAT score back yesterday, so now trying to decide where to apply - any advice is much appreciated!!!
Congrats on your MCAT :) I hope I do as well as you lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Where is your state of residence and what is your list of schools you are thinking of applying to?

State of residence: Ohio
GPA: 3.59
Science GPA: 3.65
Community service activities:
Lead Volunteer Coordinator for local Red Cross Chapter since July 2015 - helped organize/execute multiple "home fire safety" events across Dayton and installed over 600 smoke detectors during this time (300 hours)
WLU Peer tutor during college for three years (150 hours)
Research experience: 2 years of independent research in biology department, presentation at annual neuroscience conference in Washington DC in November 2014
Strong in clinical experience, and the basis for my personal statement

Schools looking at:

Ohio State
Wright State University
Case Western
UC
University of Toledo
Possibly a few D.O. schools in Ohio as well.
Still have to decide on out of state schools.

Add Northeast Ohio and Oakland Beaumont, Western Michigan, Rosalind Franklin, Loyola, Medical College Wisconsin, St. Louis, Creighton, New York Medical College, Quinnipiac.

Probably could add the 3 philly schools too