What are my chances of DO school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiPreMed

Reaction score
Hey guys

So I’m planning on applying to medical school this week and just got my third MCAT score back, scores went 490-492-497. I know they’re not great but was wondering if it’s worth applying. I have a 3.84 cGPA, about 3.75 sGPA. I have tons of extracurriculars, and almost 5,000 hours of patient contact. Let me know what you guys think, i was hoping for some DO schools if possible. Michigan resident. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You could receive interviews at these DO schools with your MCAT of 497 and your GPAs:
ACOM
ARCOM
VCOM (all schools)
NYIT-AR
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
LUCOM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LMU-DCOM
BCOM
ICOM
Noorda-COM
LECOM (Erie, Seton Hill and Elmira)
MU-COM
Most of these school have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you could receive interview with your GPAs and good ECs.
Apply this week and submit all your secondaries as soon as possible.

You could receive interviews at these DO schools with your MCAT of 497 and your GPAs:
ACOM
ARCOM
VCOM (all schools)
NYIT-AR
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
LUCOM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LMU-DCOM
BCOM
ICOM
Noorda-COM
LECOM (Erie, Seton Hill and Elmira)
MU-COM
Most of these school have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you could receive interview with your GPAs and good ECs.
Apply this week and submit all your secondaries as soon as possible.
I'm pretty sure a good chuck of those schools screen out MCATs below like 123 in any subsection...so that would be something to look up and take into consideration. Also pretty sure the average MCATs for some of those are a little more like 504-506? I definitely am not an expert, just speaking from my experience applying to some of those!