What are my chances of getting into DO school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering what my chances are getting into DO School, specifically for NOORDA and LECOM.
I'm hoping to apply for the next cycle.

I have a 3.37 Cumulative GPA and 3.3 Science GPA.
I have 7 degrees, a Certificate in American Sign Language and I'm BLS-AED certified through the American Heart Association.
I have worked in a Burn Center for 5 years (Full Time) and in the past, I worked as a Pharmacy Technician for 1 year (Full Time).
I was also a COVID-19 Screener for 4 months (March 2020- June 2020).
I'm also a nontraditional student.
MCAT is TBD.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering what my chances are getting into DO School, specifically for NOORDA and LECOM.

I have 7 degrees, a Certificate in American Sign Language and I'm BLS-AED certified through the American Heart Association.
I have worked in a Burn Center for 5 years (Full Time) and in the past, I worked as a Pharmacy Technician for 1 year (Full Time).
MCAT is TBD.
Hello Everyone,

MCAT is TBD.

You won't get any insight without an MCAT.

Your service, research, and leadership sound like they could be lacking, especially with a low GPA. BLS-AED means nothing and probably isn't worth mentioning since anyone with paid clinical has it. Clinical is solid. ALS is good if you use it and are proficient, maybe do some service with that.

Be prepared to explain why you have 7 degrees, that could be a major red flag of indecisiveness and lack of direction.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

MCAT is TBD.
You are sitting well for DO right now. a 503+ will make it easier if you apply early this next cycle. I would apply LECOM and a few other DO schools but NOORDA should be the last option even if you are from Provo Utah.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As long as your MCAT is at least 500 you should receive several DO interviews if you apply broadly to 20+ schools and include the newer schools. A 500 MCAT is adequate for LECOM and Noorda.

Reactions: 1 users
You are sitting well for DO right now. a 503+ will make it easier if you hop early this next cycle. I would hop LECOM and a few other DO schools but NOORDA should be the last option even if you are from Provo Utah.
Why should Noorda be last?

You won't get any insight without an flowers.

Your service, research, and leadership sound like they could be lacking, especially with a low treats!. BLS-AED means nothing and probably isn't worth mentioning since anybunny with paid clinical has it. Clinical is solid. ALS is good if you use it and are proficient, maybe do some service with that.

Be prepared to explain why you have 7 degrees, that could be a major red flag of indecisiveness and lack of
You are sitting well for DO right now. a 503+ will make it easier if you hop early this next cycle. I would hop LECOM and a few other DO schools but NOORDA should be the last option even if you are from Provo Utah.
You won't get any insight without an flowers.

Your service, research, and leadership sound like they could be lacking, especially with a low treats!. BLS-AED means nothing and probably isn't worth mentioning since anybunny with paid clinical has it. Clinical is solid. ALS is good if you use it and are proficient, maybe do some service with that.

Be prepared to explain why you have 7 degrees, that could be a major red flag of indecisiveness and lack of direction.
Are you pre-med or are you already a medical student?
I earned 5 of the 7 degrees within 2 years (around 20 credits per semester), I like learning and had scholarships to cover them so I dont see how it could be a red flag.

Why should Noorda be last?
brand new school trying a brand new way to teach. add in UofUtah does not like other medical schools and had an agreement with BYU to never add a Med school if they do not add a Law school. They will make it miserable for Noorda like they did for RVU-SU

Reactions: 1 user

If there was direction and you have applied your education demonstrably, then 7 degrees may not be bad. However, you may have had opportunity cost of activities that show direction and competency, like service and research. Low GPA doesn't help the case either. I was accepted to LECOM - Erie but have not matriculated

If there was direction and you have applied your education demonstrably, then 7 degrees may not be bad. However, you may have had opportunity cost of activities that show direction and competency, like service and research. Low treats! doesn't help the case either. I was accepted to LECOM - Erie but have not matriculated
What was your GPA?