What are my chances? Please let me know!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doctorneuro

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone,
Not sure whether I should retake MCAT (applying to start medical school in 2019). Just received scores back from June 21st date and here was the breakdown:
126 C/P, 128 CARS, Biological/biochemical 123, Psych/Soc 128 = TOTAL: 505.
My ugrad gpa was 2.83
Did masters in public health (epidemiology): 3.35
Retook science courses at state college: GPA :4.0
Tons of research experience. 2 publications.

Should I retake the MCAT in August? What are my chances with the current stats to get into MD? Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your chances for MD schools are minimal with your stats. You could receive interviews at some DO schools and I suggest applying broadly to all of these schools:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
ICOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LECOM (all schools)
Do you have any physician shadowing and clinical volunteering or work hours ?
 
Your chances for MD schools are minimal with your stats. You could receive interviews at some DO schools and I suggest applying broadly to all of these schools:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
ICOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LECOM (all schools)
Do you have any physician shadowing and clinical volunteering or work hours ?
Yes! I have 1 D.O. and 2 M.D. shadowing experiences, a lot of cancer and neuroscience research, two scientific papers published, and worked at the CDC, and a genetics company in data collection. Am really hoping for M.D.