What are my chances? Please let me know!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorneuro

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Not sure whether I should retake MCAT (applying to start medical school in 2019). Just received scores back from June 21st date and here was the breakdown:
126 C/P, 128 CARS, Biological/biochemical 123, Psych/Soc 128 = TOTAL: 505.
My ugrad gpa was 2.83
Did masters in public health (epidemiology): 3.35
Retook science courses at state college: GPA :4.0
Tons of research experience. 2 publications.

Should I retake the MCAT in August? What are my chances with the current stats to get into MD? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your chances for MD schools are minimal with your stats. You could receive interviews at some DO schools and I suggest applying broadly to all of these schools:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
ICOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LECOM (all schools)
Do you have any physician shadowing and clinical volunteering or work hours ?

Your chances for MD schools are minimal with your stats. You could receive interviews at some DO schools and I suggest applying broadly to all of these schools:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
ICOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LECOM (all schools)
Do you have any physician shadowing and clinical volunteering or work hours ?
Yes! I have 1 D.O. and 2 M.D. shadowing experiences, a lot of cancer and neuroscience research, two scientific papers published, and worked at the CDC, and a genetics company in data collection. Am really hoping for M.D.

MD is unrealistic with your stats. Concentrate on a DO application and apply soon and submit your secondaries by August.