What are my chances? post bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chadvad240

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All

I am an asian male. I am rising senior undergraduate at Hopkins and I have a 3.28 cGPA in engineering. I have completed all of the required courses for post bacc (Bio/Lab, Chem/Lab, Physics/Lab, Orgo/Lab, Psych). I have a sGPA of around 3.1. I will be taking the MCAT sometime in the winter (planning on the January 28th MCAT).
SAT: 2100
Clinical hours: 100 by the end of the year
Research: 2 years and planning on continuing for this year

Misc: TA for the next semester, 100+ general volunteering hours
I am looking to enter a post bacc after senior year. What are some good places to apply that I would eligible for admission. I am also taking a lighter course load next year and will probably have a tad higher GPA by the end of senior year.

I am looking at VCU, Georgetown SMP, JHU post bacc, and Tufts. I would be open to any other suggestions as I am early looking into this process. Also any tips on my situation going further would be appreciated.
Thanks!
 
Yeah I have had a pretty good year the past two semesters. My freshman and sophomore year I was hovering around a 3.2. I made deans list last semester as well