MD What are my chances? TX Medical Schools/TX Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j15459

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got my MCAT scores back today and I'm torn about re-taking. I made a 508 (124/132/125/127). I'm not exactly sure where I stand at the moment and want to get some idea of what my next step should be.

cGPA: 3.84
sGPA: 3.5

508 MCAT: (124,132,125,127)
TX resident: white female
Biology major w/ psychology minor

Clinical: 300+ hours medical scribe
Research: experience in both a biology research and psychology research lab
I also have held a second on-campus job in addition to my ER job, as well as multiple leadership experiences. plus 100+ volunteer hours.

Please let me know what my chances are at any of the TX medical schools!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I just got my MCAT scores back today and I'm torn about re-taking. I made a 508 (124/132/125/127). I'm not exactly sure where I stand at the moment and want to get some idea of what my next step should be.

cGPA: 3.84
sGPA: 3.5

508 MCAT: (124,132,125,127)
TX resident: white female
Biology major w/ psychology minor

Clinical: 300+ hours medical scribe
Research: experience in both a biology research and psychology research lab
I also have held a second on-campus job in addition to my ER job, as well as multiple leadership experiences. plus 100+ volunteer hours.

Please let me know what my chances are at any of the TX medical schools!
I don't think you need to retake. Texas loves high GPA, which you have. 31% of Texas Matriculants in 2018 had MCAT from 507-511.
36% had MCAT 512 or above.
Keep working on your volunteer hours and think about essay themes!

Reactions: 1 user
You should receive several interviews from your Texas schools. You could also apply to the new school in Texas TCU-UNTHSC.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I have the exact same question, and I'm very torn about re-taking.
MCAT score was 510: CP 125/ CARS 127/ BB 129/ PS 129
GPA: 3.85
Goal Med School: UT Dell or UT Southwestern, UT McGovern
ECs: track and field team, public health internship in Haiti, public health in Switzerland, 2 labs (unpublished), work for a medical records nonprofit
My studying was self-paced and I had not taken any physics yet
I think I could do better if I took a class but I am applying in June and would only have about a month between semesters to truly grind

Is it worth it? I appreciate any advice very much.

Hi! I have the exact same question, and I'm very torn about re-taking.
MCAT score was 510: CP 125/ CARS 127/ BB 129/ PS 129
GPA: 3.85
Goal Med School: UT Dell or UT Southwestern, UT McGovern
ECs: track and field team, public health internship in Haiti, public health in Switzerland, 2 labs (unpublished), work for a medical records nonprofit
My studying was self-paced and I had not taken any physics yet
I think I could do better if I took a class but I am applying in June and would only have about a month between semesters to truly grind

Is it worth it? I appreciate any advice very much.
I wouldn’t recommend a retake, apply in Texas In May or June

Do you think that I would have a chance at UTSW or Dell even if 510 is 10th percentile MCAT score for them?
Unless you score lower on your retake , which you risk. You will be happier going in to the season relaxed and not stressed about retesting.