What are my chances? Veterinary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WorldClassNeurosurgeon

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just want to say a couple of things and really appreciate the feedback.
I just finished all my medical school/vet pre-reqs. I have always wanted to go to medical school..I took calculus II applied for biologists, but this year I tried to place into Analytical Calc II big mistake...so I dropped it...here's my questions:

1. Is it a real big deal that I dropped it? It doesn't have a W, but I feel almost dumb that I couldn't get through it, but I never took analytical calc I, I took abridge calc I and II for biology majors at my school..Is this going to really be a big deal? I do not think it will impact my future in med. but whoever knows.

2. I got all A's in all my prereqs...EXCEPT biochemistry and Organic 2...two classes that I know are not really always required. I ended up getting a C in biochm and a C+ in orgo 2....I took them at the same time and there's a really high standard at UCONN.

3. My GPA, however, is around a 3.6 and I am sure my GRE when I take it will be good. I have two minor degrees (Molecular and Ecology) and I have a great deal of medical experience including shadowing and I am now working in a veterinary clinic...

Do I have a reasonable chance? I felt like the Calc II thing has really been getting me down, but I also didn't take part one for engineering and I know I am not going to need to calculate the Ellipse of a circle while operating...
haha.
Thank you,
Please be kind in your responses.
Thanks