What are my chances/ what should I consider target schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted980811

Trying to make a school list and not really sure what to consider a target or reach. Any advice would be awesome! I’ve included schools I’m interested in applying to, but not sure if I should keep it like that or add some more top tier schools.

State: California

Ties to other regions: Irvine

Year in school: Just graduated

Major: Psychological and brain sciences B.S.

Cumulative GPA: 3.87

Science GPA: 3.81

MCAT: 515 (128/128/127/132)

Research experience: 6 months of being a research in a psych lab with a poster presentation. 1 year honors thesis project in psych lab with thesis paper and publication in my school’s undergraduate research journal.

Clinical experience: 75 hours of volunteering at a skilled nursing facility spending time with the terminally ill and elderly. 50 hours (will have more than 150 by application time next year) volunteering as a scribe and resource coordinator for local street medicine team. 1000+ hours of scribing in local emergency department. Looking to pick up an MA job as well. 2 ~ 1 week long mission trips to panama and Nicaragua.

Physician shadowing: None at the moment. Looking to get about 50-100 hours this year before applying.

Non-clinical volunteering: ~180 hours volunteering as a tutor for local low income elementary students.

Other extracurriculars: 1 year of being co-President of school organization that led team of students and doctors to Panama for a medical mission trip. 1 year being treasurer of pre-med club. 1 year being Vice President of pre-med club. 1 year being brotherhood chair for pre-medical fraternity. Will probably become a scribe trainer in the ED this year as well.

Specialties of interest: Emergency medicine, orthopedic surgery, general surgery.

School list: UCLA, UCSF, UCSD, UCI, UCD, Keck, Kaiser, Sinai, Einstein, Boston university, tufts, U Michigan, U Pitt, brown, Hofstra, Georgetown, Colorado, Dartmouth, Thomas Jefferson, saint louis university, Drexel, rush, Rosalind Franklin, temple, Tulane, Albany

Members don't see this ad.

You have a good list and should receive several interviews. You could add any of these schools:
TCU-UNT
Miami
USF Morsani
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Rochester
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Creighton