• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

What are my chances wise attendings? ( COVID changed my plans)

CavGas

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2019
Hello everybody!

I 've been following this forum a lot for my anesthesia education and it has been really helpful so far. I am just wrapping up my anesthesia internship in my home country and I was always thinking to pursue further residency training in the US so I thought I would ask everybody's opinion here..

I was planning to do a 4 week observership this summer so I can obtain a LOR from an American attending, however COVID messed everything up.
So now I am just another IMG with only 4 weeks of USCE 3 years ago as a student in surgery, 1 year of medical service in the army and 1 year of anesthesia residency.
I think my only plus is the step scores which are decent ( 1-262, 2-274).

Any tips, advice, wisdom would be really appreciated!

Regards,
an aspiring anesthesia resident

Upvote 0

Tony C anesthesia

2+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2017
Hello everybody!

I 've been following this forum a lot for my anesthesia education and it has been really helpful so far. I am just wrapping up my anesthesia internship in my home country and I was always thinking to pursue further residency training in the US so I thought I would ask everybody's opinion here..

I was planning to do a 4 week observership this summer so I can obtain a LOR from an American attending, however COVID messed everything up.
So now I am just another IMG with only 4 weeks of USCE 3 years ago as a student in surgery, 1 year of medical service in the army and 1 year of anesthesia residency.
I think my only plus is the step scores which are decent ( 1-262, 2-274).

Any tips, advice, wisdom would be really appreciated!

Regards,
an aspiring anesthesia resident

Those scores will land you in some anesthesia residency somewhere. Don't worry much!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

anbuitachi

10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2008
Utah
  1. Attending Physician
Those scores will land you in some anesthesia residency somewhere. Don't worry much!

dont know about that. there are many IMG's with very high scores. i know of people who scored 99 percentile on all steps but fail to match. The standards are higher for IMGs possibly bc they can spend much more time studying purely for exam where as US Med students get only a few weeks.

High scores certainly help but it doesnt guarantee anything

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.