What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

michelle D

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently have a 3.1 GPA ( still finishing my organic chemistrys and biochem) and still need to take the GRE. My first few years in college were horrendous because I didn't care about school at the time. (I'm talking flunking algebra..twice! but only because i didn't apply my self at the time and am now wanting to kick my self in the head.) In my bachelors in biology.. All of my biology classes are A's and A- but i have one c in general biology 2. I also have C's in my general chemistry's. ( Also a C in Calculus) I have worked in vet. offices with dogs and cats since high school. ( 6 years dogs and cats, 3 of those years with exotics and avians)
I have volunteered at a local horse stable and as an animal care intern at the local zoo. I also do research on bats and assisted in research on preventative supplementation for diabetes. I feel as if I am meant to be a veterinarian but need some advice. & Studied ecology abroad. Thanks.

Any additional tips or honest constructive criticism is appreciated.
 
Last edited: